Greenville County Square redevelopment

gman430

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received the latest leasing package from Yenser today. At least 25…yes 25 retailers and restaurants not yet announced and that’s only for phase 1. A very good high end diverse mix of national and regional tenants. A few new renderings: 

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

image0.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg

Edited by gman430

16 minutes ago, ingvegas said:

Looks like a big Whole Foods. The number of "at lease" commitments is very impressive. Like that all parking is multi-level.  Still trying to wrap my head around the road layout and how it spills onto Augusta Street. 

Keeping fingers crossed for an upscale 24-hour gym.....

Be aware some of the tenants listed are LOI’s/in negotiations and haven’t signed a lease yet. A gym is not one of the tenants at this time but I will let you know if one does sign on. I believe one is planned for phase 2 as part of the master plan. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

I understand that the chains make some folks happy and they like what their presence says about Greenville. But, am I the only one that finds that underwhelming? Hopefully some local restaurant groups are also signing leases to provide more interesting options. If I wanted a chain equivalent of Cheesecake Factory, I'd drive to the sprawling side of town. 

Unrelated, I hope the City is contemplating some serious transit options for better connecting nodes around downtown. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, greenvilleguy said:

Why are some tenants assigned to the "available" retail spots.  I would think they would have to be leased, at lease, or LOI to be listed on the map.  Do they list tenants who are "thinking" about it or on a wish list?

I believe it is tenants they are still in negotiations with but haven’t signed a LOI or lease yet. I am baffled as to why they are listed on the leasing package also. Maybe I am missing something. Who knows. Hopefully they all do sign a lease though because it is a very good mix.

8 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I understand that the chains make some folks happy and they like what their presence says about Greenville. But, am I the only one that finds that underwhelming? Hopefully some local restaurant groups are also signing leases to provide more interesting options. If I wanted a chain equivalent of Cheesecake Factory, I'd drive to the sprawling side of town. 

Unrelated, I hope the City is contemplating some serious transit options for better connecting nodes around downtown. 

Two of the tenants (maybe even three) on the plan are local for the most part as in they only have one location currently. I do expect other national retailers and restaurants to sign on though just from looking at who is already slated to come. They tend to like to congregate together. I would say they are on the same scale as Warby Parker, Madewell, and Anthropologie also. 

Edited by gman430

And for anybody wondering, that plan with all of those tenants listed is out there in the public on the internet. :ph34r: **hint hint**

And yes one of the tenants listed is a “type” of movie theater. It’s a chain with worldwide locations. Greenville would be the smallest location going off population by far. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

And for anybody wondering, that plan with all of those tenants listed is out there in the public on the internet. :ph34r: **hint hint**

And yes one of the tenants listed is a “type” of movie theater. It’s a chain with worldwide locations. Greenville would be the smallest location going off population by far. 

Anyway we can get more of a *hint* on this? Considering I don't know the actual name of this development outside of "Greenville County Square Redevelopment", there's not really not much available on Google. I even sorted the dates on Google for my search and found nothing. 

20 minutes ago, GVLover said:

Anyway we can get more of a *hint* on this? Considering I don't know the actual name of this development outside of "Greenville County Square Redevelopment", there's not really not much available on Google. I even sorted the dates on Google for my search and found nothing. 

Well, seeing how it’s publicly available and the media already knows about it I will tell you where you can find it. Go here: https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/profile/in/steve-yenser-b22b0935/recent-activity Scroll down until you see the below image and scroll through all 29 pages of the brochure. Tenant list is attached in that brochure and in the second image below. Everything from Nike to Fleming’s Steakhouse to Pottery Barn to Tesla to Sephora: 

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

And here is your full list of names not yet announced that are on that leasing package. Poor Haywood Mall: 

Sports & Social

Tesla

North Italia  
PBR 
H&M
Nike
Melty Way
Hawkers
Fleming’s Steakhouse
Pottery Barn
Williams Sonoma 
Vineyard Vines
Southern Tide
LuluLemon
Johnny Was
Sephora 
Altar’d State 
Jinya
Tullabee
AS Revival
The Salty Donut
T Mobile
Rooftop Cinema Club (movie theater) 

Fetch Park
Indigo
Ben & Jerry’s 
Palmetto Brewing Company 
Sugar Polish Nail Bar

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

Super impressive list! Damn, Greenville is seriously punching incredibly high above its weight on this one. There's not a single downtown in the Carolina's that have most of these tenants. Great job! 

Looks like some tenants are relocating, I'm a bit shocked by Lululemon and Southern Tide in particular as there locations are already considered great in my opinion. Once you stated it was a global movie theater company, I immediately typed in Rooftop Cinema so glad that part at least came to fruition. Love that H&M and Nike are finally coming now all we need is Shake Shack lol

Edited by GVLover

7 minutes ago, GVLover said:

Super impressive list! Damn, Greenville is seriously punching incredibly high above its weight on this one. There's not a single downtown in the Carolina's that have most of these tenants. Great job!

Agreed. The only bad news is that some of those tenants will be relocating from other parts of downtown and especially Haywood Mall but it is what it is. Simon has nobody to blame but themselves for raising the lease rates. Good to see Williams Sonoma coming back. And the Rooftop Cinema Club only has locations in:

Chicago

Fort Worth

Houston

Miami

Los Angeles

San Diego

New York

London, UK

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Agreed. The only bad news is that some of those tenants will be relocating from other parts of downtown and Haywood Mall but it is what it is. Simon has nobody to blame but themselves for raising the lease rates. Good to see Williams Sonoma coming back. And the Rooftop Cinema Club only has locations in:

Chicago

Fort Worth

Houston

Miami

Los Angeles

San Diego

New York

London, UK

Rooftop Cinema Club is perhaps the greatest feat of the list. I've been to one, it's admittedly expensive ($80 for two seats and two popcorns) but it's a great experience overall. 

11 minutes ago, GVLover said:

Is it really? Just because it has a small city limit/pop these retailers do their homework and know Greenville is a much larger, and draws from other areas too. Gvl is nearing 600k in the county. Not small. 

7 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Is it really? Just because it has a small city limit/pop these retailers do their homework and know Greenville is a much larger, and draws from other areas too. Gvl is nearing 600k in the county. Not small. 

Most of these tenants tend to go towards malls here in the Carolina's, not downtown. Downtown Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston, Columbia, and Charleston downtowns will actually be forced to catch up on the retail front if this tenant list is fully executed. 

Edited by GVLover