Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Here in Columbia in Maury County, a new healthcare facility nearing completion across from old bowling alley, which is also expanding with a new ten pins addition.  Grading has begun.  The old Columbis Mall  reconfiguratuion is externally nearly complete.  The wall where JC Penny was demolished haas been filled in.  In all likelyhood, there will be little new retail in this rebuilt mall.  It is my understanding that the VA and other government facilities will lease most of it.  It appears that the vast sea of parking will not get any releif from trees regretably.  A big waste of land if you ask me.

image.jpeg

IMG_20230512_111544670_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230512_111435528.jpg

IMG_20230512_114025669.jpg

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 3

Montgomery County: Clarksville's  F&M Bank announced the purchase of a 50,875-square-foot office building at 181 Stone Container Drive in Clarksville. The bank plans to renovate the space and use it as an office for a 75-member team from its Administrative Service Center. The building sits on a 7.5-acre tract of land with frontage on Old Russellville Road.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/05/12/deal-dash-sobro-hotel-proposal-neuhoff-progresses.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

From Fox 17  https://fox17.com/news/local/sumer-county-kolter-land-partners-655-acres-commercial-residential-space-massive-2-billion-mixed-use-development-planned-for-growing-gallatin#

GALLATIN, Tenn. (WZTV) — A Florida developer is bringing a $2 billion project to a busy part of Sumner County.

The Nashville Business Journal reports 655 acres of land will be home to a massive community located just north of Long Hollow Golf Course. Nexus Tennessee will be nestled at the corner of Highway 109 and Red River Road – also known as Highway 25.

The plans call for 240 single-family residences, 254 townhomes, 106 active adult villa lots, 726 active adult single-family lots, and five estate lots. The area will also feature a clubhouse, pool area, and walking trails. There will also be room for commercial space.

Kolter Land Partners is selling the residential lots to David Weekley Homes, NVR, and DR Horton. The projected timeline for the development is anywhere between five and 10 years.

image.thumb.png.08f5499cfddb590d50f51a80ccfa93d4.png

image.thumb.png.ec45c622ca5c82156f849fb72afe69e3.png

image.thumb.png.b29e8a14b54f2b9eef40753be5b51abe.png

$2B in Gallatin shrinks that $350M in Jackson!

• Like 3

On 3/13/2023 at 4:28 PM, Rocky@theTop said:

Hy-Vee which is opening their Spring Hill store later this year will expand their TN footprint with 2 stores in Murfreesboro. Going before the Murfreesboro Planning Commission on 3/15/23 will be a 153,000sqft Memorial Blvd (Hwy 231) store & 116,000 New Salem Hwy (Hwy  99) store. Both with have fueling centers. The Memorial Blvd store will have integrated liquor store and separate restaurant. 

https://murfreesborotn.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_03152023-1769

This has been approved. Nothing on timeline though, unless I missed it.
https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2023/05/16/hy-vee-plans-approved-for-two-grocery-stores-in-murfreesboro/70222862007/

• Like 3

Attended a Jamey Johnson and Blackberry Smoke  concert at this venue last year.  It's an amazing place to see a show.  Go early because it's like visiting a State Park.  I predict this place will be one of the top concert venues in the country not just in the south. 

• Like 4

On 5/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, MLBrumby said:

Guess they're getting ready for a Blue Oval boom. 

That's my only guess because Jackson is not exactly booming. Not hating on Jackson, half my family lives there and I love it, but let's be honest, it's not a hotbed of activity. I am excited for Jackson for being within 40 mins of Blue Oval City. Brownsville is really going to benefit from this as well. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, FrankNash said:

Attended a Jamey Johnson and Blackberry Smoke  concert at this venue last year.  It's an amazing place to see a show.  Go early because it's like visiting a State Park.  I predict this place will be one of the top concert venues in the country not just in the south. 

Thanks for the advice; going for the first time in June to see Noel Gallagher.  I bought the premium parking pass; how is the traffic getting out?

15 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Google Fiber will be bringing high-speed internet to Franklin starting in 2024.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/05/24/google-fiber-franklin-tennessee.html

Boy oh boy. Can't wait to hear the complaints about their install teams just cutting up their streets and blocking driveways like they did in Nashville.

• Like 1

The Murfreesboro City Council paid $2.35 million to buy a 2 story,  15,360-square-foot building  2140 N. Thompson Lane to provide office space for 35 employees in the Murfreesboro Fire Rescue and Parks and Recreation Depts. There will be a total expenditure of $2.6 million to renovate and move.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2023/05/30/building-purchase-will-provide-offices-for-murfreesboro-city-staff/70260286007/

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 5.44.03 AM.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Williamson County: Franklin's new 90,000 sq. ft. City Hall could cost nearly $100 million. Mayor Ken Moore cast the tie-breaking vote which passed a resolution to finish schematic design work for the project that will be built on the site of the current city hall/administration building just off of the city's town square.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2023/06/01/new-nearly-100m-franklin-city-hall-building-moves-forward-historic-district/70257645007/

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 7.38.25 AM.png

Glad it got approved.  The alderman against it wanted to save a small amount of money to have it moved somewhere out of downtown.  Very short sighted on their part!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Rutherford County: Murfreesboro's Clari Park (78 acres, 300 apartments, 282 townhomes, 38 single family homes, retail/commercial) on the NE side of Medical Center Parkway across from TheAvenue Murfreesboro Shopping Center is underway.  It will include Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Drake's, and Whataburger among its restaurant choices.  There will also be a bowling alley.

More behind The Tennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2023/06/02/hines-plans-mixed-use-clari-park-development-murfreesboro-tn-firebirds-drakes-whataburger-chains/70273765007/

Ahh...that's what the land there is being cleared for....huge development.  I was wondering.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 12:04 PM, tragenvol said:

Ahh...that's what the land there is being cleared for....huge development.  I was wondering.

Just when we thought traffic couldn’t get any worse on Medical Center Blvd…

In ready for some things to start popping up on 96 and Veterans. Anything to help me avoid crossing the interstate into the Murfreesboro traffic madness.

Edited by glamdring269
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

Just when we thought traffic couldn’t get any worse on Medical Center Blvd…

Widening to six lanes from I-24 to Thompson is currently in design stage. I noticed the developer for this project widened the westbound lanes from Maplegrove to the visitors center, that is halfway there.

• Like 1