Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Williamson County: Brentwood will see the Steamboat Transportation Group relocate from West End Ave. to 105 Continental Place and will spend $2 million to expand from 40 to 100 employees.  It is a third-party logistics company that provides freight transportation.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/local-logistics-company-seeks-to-create-60-jobs/article_7a780f74-dae7-11ed-a099-db19d00933de.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

The renovation this building went through is nothing short of incredible. For reference, this is what it looked like before, courtesy of the 231 Public Square Facebook page:

Wow I thought it was a new build.  Inside the building is great looking.  My niece's office is in there.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Wow I thought it was a new build.  Inside the building is great looking.  My niece's office is in there.  

It was a bank for years, most recently First Tennessee Bank. My grandmother owned a shop along Main Street for most of my young childhood, so downtown Franklin has a special place in my heart. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cool Springs is not a walking area for sure. It is very linear in nature especially along the western side of I-65. It continues down I-65 into the Goosecreek area now almost to I-840 now where Dave Ramsey has his HQ. If you have time, go check out the Berry Farms area. It is all still a work in progress along with everything that is being built in Spring Hill.

15 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Cool Springs is not a walking area for sure. It is very linear in nature especially along the western side of I-65. It continues down I-65 into the Goosecreek area now almost to I-840 now where Dave Ramsey has his HQ. If you have time, go check out the Berry Farms area. It is all still a work in progress along with everything that is being built in Spring Hill.

It’s set to expand even further south with the new June Lake development and Buckner Road interchange / extension. 

• Like 1

Not to beat this dead horse in the ground, I think it’s a great idea to honor Charlie Daniel’s. But I still don’t understand this Mt Juliet stuff. Apparently that’s the way maybe he preferred it, why I’m not sure of . Here’s his official address per the tax records, he and his wife Hazel lived ( she still does) in Lebanon. 

5E9BA6FC-2A94-4F45-8998-F9F6F9BC7E19.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County: Lebanon will see Campbell Place, a 62 home subdivision at intersection of Coles Ferry Pike and North Castle Heights Ave.  D.R. Horton Homebuilders is the developer.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/04/24/d-r-horton-closes-on-lots-in-lebanon-development.html

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 2.38.13 PM.png

I can’t get past the paywall, but what I could see says 225 homes which is kind of what the picture shows. Does it give further info that says only 62 will be built?

Coffee County: The State's 2023-24 state budget includes $20.5 million to buy a 2,000-acre property dubbed the "Middle Tennessee I-24 Industrial Site." The Coffee County megasite is "the last one in the state of Tennessee of that size, and one of the last in the Southeast.” That's according to Stephen Crook, executive director of the Industrial Board of Coffee County. The site is about 50 miles southeast of Nashville and has received a number of scouting visits over the years, including from automakers. Infrastructure work will be required at the site.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/04/27/megasites-tn-coffee-county-budget-ecd.html

• Like 2

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County:  Lebanon will see Legends Townhomes (3 stories, 116 units) on 17.21 acres at Legends Drive and Tater Peeler Road. Burkentine Real Estate Group is the developer. 

More at TheTennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2023/05/03/company-to-break-ground-in-lebanon-to-build-luxury-rental-townhomes/70169542007/

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 6.52.54 AM.png

Hey, credit where it's due.... I certainly give Wilson County enough grief when it makes, what I view to be anyway, as bad decisions, so they deserve praise for approving this relatively efficient development.  Hopefully this is  a catalyst for future suburban development in the Nashville metro!

• Like 2

Williamson County: Franklin's Poplar Homes will be a 546 home community on 300 acres by Meritage Homes near the intersection of Clovercroft Road and Market Street. The property had previously operated as a cattle farm run by the Igraham family.  Over 125 acres of the community will be set aside as green space.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/05/09/meritage-homes-poplar-franklin-single-family-homes.html

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 3.32.10 PM.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

Montgomery County: Clarksville's plans for housing of 40,000 new residents in next 4 years:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/05/09/clarksville-jobs-housing-development-incentives.html

By 2030 I would expect Montgomery County's population to be over 250,000 if not sooner.

Wonder if then it would be considered part of the Nashville MSA by the Census Bureau?

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Like 2