Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Wilson County:  the county seat of Lebanon and my quick walk-through.  Reminds me of Franklin just smaller and not as developed.  However, I see lots of potential here for example the county or town-owned parking lot at the square.  They should partner with a developer and build an apartment building there with ground-floor retail to further infuse residents downtown. I did see some new townhomes a couple of blocks from downtown going up.  Saw 2 ongoing renovations on the square and a new build.  Maybe incent some building owners to put in apartments above the retail too.  In a fast growing county like Wilson there are lots of possibilities.  I have seen many towns in the Charlotte region revitalize their small downtowns like that.  

My self guided walking tour of downtown and drive-by of the current courthouse.  I would have loved to seen some of the older ones.  That Burger King downtown seems oddly placed. There was a brewery with outside bar seating on the square.  

Ha!  You should've seen the place (square) five years ago..."you've come a long way baby" comes to mind.  It's light years ahead of where it used to be.  I hope you had lunch at Town Square Social; I always recommend the Cuban with the house chips and the cheese bings for a starter!  At least one of the TSS owners is part of the ownership of Cedar City Brewing Company (you referenced above)…get the pilsner.  The old Mill has Tenn Lakes Brewery and a new lease on life; regional fare offerings like Jonathan's Grille and the GOAT are apparently on the way as well.   The 231 Burger King...it's been there since the dawn of time.

@KJHburg should visit Cookeville when he has the opportunity, don't you think @jmtunafish?

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tragenvol said:

@KJHburg should visit Cookeville when he has the opportunity, don't you think @jmtunafish?

Absolutely.  Tons of excellent places to eat and grab a drink in downtown Cookeville in some very historic buildings.  One place, in particular, that is unique is The Exceptional Bean which as far as I know is the only coffee shop in Tennessee where each employee has some sort of disability.  It's hard to visit there and not leave with a smile on your face.  It's a jewel in downtown Cookeville.

https://cookevillelifestyles.com/introducing-cookevilles-inspiring-new-business-the-exceptional-bean/

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/autistic-son-makes-cookeville-business-dioramas-with-his-mom

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 4

Montgomery County: Clarksville's food scene will be the feature of Guy Fieri's "Best Bit in Town" series on The Food Network this Friday, May 3rd at 8 pm. 

More here:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/best-bite-in-town?utm_term=nashtoday&utm_campaign=daily-newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=nashtoday&utm_content=nashtoday

• Like 2