Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Wilson County: Mt. Juliet and surrounding Wilson County will see 3 new fire stations opening this year.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2023/06/12/three-new-fire-stations-to-open-in-wilson-county-mt-juliet/69872280007/

Mt. Juliet's newest station on the north side of the city:

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 8.05.41 AM.png

• Like 2

Sumner County: Gallatin will see a 47 acre subdivision to be built by M/I Homes that will feature 131 single family structures near the intersection of Hartsville Pike and Airport Rd.   the developer paid $5 million for the site last week. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/06/12/mi-homes-bledsoe-gallatin-buy.html

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 4.02.11 PM.png

• Like 2

Dickson County:  Dickson will see a 2 story, 104 townhome project on 15 acres by Panoply Properties at Cowan Rd. and Beasley Drive.

Also, two new projects are nearly complete: Park at Beasley Apartments (3 stories, 144 units), and Autumnwood Subdivision (180 single family homes).

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2023/06/13/dickson-104-townhome-development-vote-delayed-faces-some-opposition/70315018007/

Park at Beasley Apts:

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 8.59.27 AM.png

Autumnwood Subdivision:

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 8.59.35 AM.png

• Like 1

Williamson County: Fairview will see a 140 single family home development called Richvale Estates at Cox Pike and Richvale Drive. Brightland Homes is the  developer.  It will start with 50 homes initially. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/06/14/brightland-homes-richvale-estates-fairview-tn.html

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 8.47.18 AM.png

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 6:39 AM, markhollin said:

Rutherford County: 

A proposed mixed use residential and commercial development will transform downtown Murfreesboro off Broad, Church and Vine streets.

The "Keystone" project proposed by Brentwood-based HRP Residential development company includes 239 apartments, which is a reduction from previous proposal for 340 rental units opposed by Councilman Shawn Wright. The new proposal also has 80 to 100 condos, a hotel with 80 to 150 rooms, ground floor retail spaces that total 30,000 to 40,000 square feet, two parking garages and parking lots with spaces for 780 cars.

HRP Residential proposes to pay $5 million for 7.75 acres that include old buildings from the Murfreesboro City Council that includes Madelyn Scales Harris.

More behind The Tennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2023/06/13/keystone-project-downtown-murfreesbo-hotel-condos-apartments/70304147007/

Keystone, Murfreesboro, June 13, 2023, render 1.png

Keystone, Murfreesboro, June 13, 2023, render 2.png

Keystone, Murfreesboro, June 13, 2023, render 3.png

Keystone, Murfreesboro, June 13, 2023, render 4.png

There is zero reason for there to be opposition to this with this redeveloping severely underutilised plots of land adjacent to downtown and at least 1 larger surface lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, andywildman said:

Not to mention, RuCo is getting ready to push in a property tax increase (something like 16% proposed if I remember the local news spot).

Those folks could reduce their need for property tax rate growth by allowing more efficient use of their in-demand land by building things like apartments and mixed-use developments.

I’ll take a property tax increase at this point over more and more apartments. Feels like we’re in this never ending loop of always being behind on infrastructure (roads, schools, etc.) here so we need more tax money to catch up. Then build more apartments and schools. Then get behind on infrastructure again. Rinse/repeat.

Probably the same story everywhere.

*I’m not necessarily opposed to the mixed use proposal above. Definitely prefer that over just slapping yet another apartment complex into an already congested city.

Edited by glamdring269
  • Like 2

There’s just somethings that are inevitable, like the fact that the ‘Boro and Rutherford County are among the fastest growing areas in all America. At its current rate, it will surpass Chatty soon and be knocking on Knoxville’s door. But there is a solution if that’s not your cup of tea, move. My wife and I recently sold the farm in backwoods Smith County and moved right into the middle of Murfreesboro, and we love it! So I can tell you all, if this big city life with its congestion and taxes and everything else that comes with it doesn’t make you happy. I suggest you look into places like Smith County, it’s super boring and quiet there.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, glamdring269 said:

I’ll take a property tax increase at this point over more and more apartments. Feels like we’re in this never ending loop of always being behind on infrastructure (roads, schools, etc.) here so we need more tax money to catch up. Then build more apartments and schools. Then get behind on infrastructure again. Rinse/repeat.

Probably the same story everywhere.

*I’m not necessarily opposed to the mixed use proposal above. Definitely prefer that over just slapping yet another apartment complex into an already congested city.

While I'm sort of on board with the fewer apartments thing, especially massive complexes, an area of Murfreesboro like this has no other option. It is severely under-used for location, including the city's water department & fire marshall in separate buildings behind the library, and that city surface lot adjacent to what was a Gold's Gym across from the old MPD HQ. 

Redeveloping these plots into more dense, better use structures will add to the tax rolls, not subtract. In addition, it sure as hell beats plowing over more land in the Gateway.

• Like 3

I’m not understanding what the reasoning is behind the negativity with apartments, at any configuration. Density is the name of the game, not everywhere can there be white picket fence, tree lined SFH . And not everyone wants to live that suburbia kind of style, and Downtown Murfreesboro Definitely needs some Density, hell it really needs some height. Let’s not try to paint this picture as anything other than it really is, and that’s the fact that the ‘Boro is quickly becoming a major league city . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

I’m not understanding what the reasoning is behind the negativity with apartments, at any configuration. Density is the name of the game, not everywhere can there be white picket fence, tree lined SFH . And not everyone wants to live that suburbia kind of style, and Downtown Murfreesboro Definitely needs some Density, hell it really needs some height. Let’s not try to paint this picture as anything other than it really is, and that’s the fact that the ‘Boro is quickly becoming a major league city . 

It's more of these massive complexes that make little sense where they are towards the edges of town versus more towards the urbanized center and not on vacant land where a green belt around the city should be, in theory. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

It's more of these massive complexes that make little sense where they are towards the edges of town versus more towards the urbanized center and not on vacant land where a green belt around the city should be, in theory. 

Acquiring a suitable sized piece of land  where you feel it more appropriate is often impossible for reasons beyond price.  Old towns of tiny homesites and small businesses are a web of small acerage and zoning is a big issue too, in a town like the Boro.  it never intended to grow bigger than Chattanooga or Knoxville, so it does make sense.  There is no transition of land use from small to immense usages here.  Even moreso in Nashville.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NashRugger said:

This is the main gripe I have. Get off the interstate at Medical Center and head away from Murfreesboro proper (to the right if coming from Nashville). This is still kind of the lower traffic area of town but it’s apartment complex after apartment complex with no real amenities like restaurants and such on that side of the interstate. And that’s probably part of the traffic issue. Everything must flow into the Avenue area on the other side of the interstate or down Murfreesboro road into old fort because there is no real option to just stay in your general neighborhood.

I’ve lived in the Boro since 1995 so fully aware of what rapid growth looks like. At this point it shouldn’t be a surprise to the folks running the city. 

Edited by glamdring269
  • Like 3

Wilson County: Mt. Juliet will see two new subdivisions:

1) Treymor will feature 349 single family homes on 317 acres along Benders Ferry Rd. near Gay Winds Drive.

2) Moss Farm will be 328 single family homes on 161 acres by Meritage Homes  on Benders Ferry Rd. near York Rd.

There will be widening of Benders Ferry Rd. to 3 lanes from Lebanon Rd. to Mays Chapel Rd. (including north and south turn lanes into both developments) to help deal with additional traffic.   There will also be a 10 ft. wide multi-use trail alongside Benders Ferry Rd. from Lebanon Rd. to the northern boundary of the Moss Farm site. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2023/06/20/treymor-approval-in-mt-juliet-is-second-development-approved-for-more-than-300-homes-in-ne-mt-juliet/70319146007/

• Like 2

Montgomery County: Clarksville  saw the groundbreaking for the $70 million Dongwha Electrolyte USA plant that will employ 68 people in building electric vehicle lithium battery components.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/cars/2023/06/19/tennessees-electric-vehicle-network-continues-to-advance-new-chargers-companies/70319040007/

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 6.40.54 AM.png

• Like 4

I realize it's not "urban" in any sense of the word, but it is Interstate and development: Buc'ees will be adding a second Middle Tennessee location in Montgomery County along I-24, which may make it the shortest Interstate from end-to-end with the most Buc'ees per mile (I really am just making a guess there).  

From NBJ:  https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/06/21/buc-ees-location-eyed-for-clarksville-tennessee.html

North Carolina-based design firm Kimley-Horn and Associates Inc. has filed plans to develop part of a 47.3-acre lot off Exit 1 into a Buc-ee’s Travel Center, Montgomery County planning documents reveal.

• Like 3

A couple of Williamson County updates:

1) Spring Hill: Chartwell Commons at Beechcroft (124 rental homes) has completed Phase I, which i 54 houses.  The rest of the development should be done by the end of the year. 

2) Franklin: Special School District's new 2 story, 38,400 sq. ft. administrative building is underway.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/06/23/deal-dash-spring-hill-rentals-charwell-residential.html

The Franklin Special School District buidldng render:

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 12.46.40 PM.png

• Like 2

Wilson County:  Lebanon has these residential projects in motion:

1)  76 unit apartment/townhome complex with 16,000 sq. ft. of retail (six structures) on 6 acres at Hwy. 109 near Wonder Porcelain.

2) Park PlaceTownship (total of 540 units in two phases) north of Hwy. 70 and west of Hwy 109.

3) Stonehenge Apts. (228 apts.) at Hwy. 109, south of Hwy. 70.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2023/06/23/more-change-proposed-for-lebanons-highway-109-near-70/70344245007/

• Like 3

Williamson County: Nolensville will see an $18 million  TriStar Health emergency medical facility four miles north of the main commercial area of Nolensville and near the intersection of Burkitt Place Drive and Nolensville Road. The satellite facility will offer 12 exam rooms, a trauma room, a lab and an imaging department.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/hca-buys-nolensville-site-eyed-for-satellite-facility/article_96de94b8-1439-11ee-ae47-e7d0377f84ca.html

• Like 1