Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

59 minutes ago, gannman said:

Gladeville has both Mt Juliet and Lebanon address.

This is true to a point , the western portion of Gladeville has some Mt Juliet addressing. But not east of 840, as I mentioned I was in attendance for the Lebanon City Council meeting to approve the Love’s and it clearly fell solely on them. Mr Daniel’s property is over a mile east of 840, and my friend that is his neighbor says that they have Lebanon address. It’s really not all that matters, I was just conversing my opinions, as I said I’m not a fan of Mt Juliet but a cheerleader for Lebanon. I’ve got a lot of friends and money invested in the Cedar City . 

• Like 1

Just a side note, some of you might not know. But the whole Providence project was to happen at the South Hartmann exit . It’s the reason TDOT put that exit there, and Mt Juliet swept it out from under Lebanon’s feet in a sour business deal. So there’s a lot of bad taste in many mouths. 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:33 AM, gannman said:

Gladeville has both Mt Juliet and Lebanon address.

Right.  Gladeville has Gladeville (37071) and  Mt. Juliet (37122) zip codes....with some bleed over from Lebanon.  Like Pine Creek Golf Course, I don't consider it in Mt. Juliet (it feels more Gladeville), but it has a Mt. Juliet address.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Just a side note, some of you might not know. But the whole Providence project was to happen at the South Hartmann exit . It’s the reason TDOT put that exit there, and Mt Juliet swept it out from under Lebanon’s feet in a sour business deal. So there’s a lot of bad taste in many mouths. 

Lebanon is an interesting place; I work there some...and from what I've been told, Lebanon wasn't exactly keen on growth; whereas, Mt. Juliet was very receptive to such growth.  But...Lebanon is hot right now!  The town square and the surrounding area are really transforming for the better.   Soon, Mt. Juliet and Lebanon will just be one sprawling corridor, and it's interesting to watch the growth down the 840 corridor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Mr Daniel’s property is over a mile east of 840, and my friend that is his neighbor says that they have Lebanon address. It’s really not all that matters, I was just conversing my opinions, as I said I’m not a fan of Mt Juliet but a cheerleader for Lebanon. I’ve got a lot of friends and money invested in the Cedar City . 

I'm not trying to beat this MJ/Cedar City debate to death, but I thought in the late 80s to early 90s Mr. Daniels lived in western Wilson County near Mt. Juliet....but obviously I could be mistaken.

Cedar City...such a great moniker.  CCBC...great name for the new microbrewery on the square....awesome place as well.  Those Town Square Social guys have really upped the Lebanon Square's game.

• Like 2

Yes the Square is finally taking off. My wife is very good friends with both the owners of CCBC and Wilkie’s Outfitters. And Lebanon in the past was fearful of growth ( still is IMHO) but has excelled since Mayor Bell has been in office. There’s a few major projects that are in the works , that hopefully will surface in the near future. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Yes the Square is finally taking off. My wife is very good friends with both the owners of CCBC and Wilkie’s Outfitters. And Lebanon in the past was fearful of growth ( still is IMHO) but has excelled since Mayor Bell has been in office. There’s a few major projects that are in the works , that hopefully will surface in the near future. 

I love seeing the Mill active again;  the event space seems well and often used.  Also, Tenn Lakes Brewing is a great anchor.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Are you sure about that?  There were plans for a large shopping center at the Providence site long before Hartmann Drive even existed.  In the early 90s I was living in Memphis and would visit friends who had moved to the Gladeville area.  I would take the Mt Juliet Rd exit to get to their place, and just south of I-40 on Mt Juliet Rd there used to be a big sign advertising a future mall--where Providence is now--called something like East Gate Mall.  This was back when the population of Lebanon (15k) was triple that of MJ (5k) but MJ was clearly starting to take off while Lebanon was barely growing and in fact had lost population during the 1970s.  In this blurb about the groundbreaking of Providence in 2004, it says that the Providence developer bought the land from Simon which had originally planned a large mall there.  Again, the plans for this Simon mall in MJ predate Hartmann Drive by a good 10 years.

image.png.b3aec471fb75dc5dc59ff1111415f8f5.png

https://www.globest.com/sites/globest/2004/11/18/830000-sf-open-air-center-nears-groundbreaking/?slreturn=20230301174249

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jmtunafish said:

Are you sure about that?  There were plans for a large shopping center at the Providence site long before Hartmann Drive even existed.  In the early 90s I was living in Memphis and would visit friends who had moved to the Gladeville area.  I would take the Mt Juliet Rd exit to get to their place, and just south of I-40 on Mt Juliet Rd there used to be a big sign advertising a future mall--where Providence is now--called something like East Gate Mall.  This was back when the population of Lebanon (15k) was triple that of MJ (5k) but MJ was clearly starting to take off while Lebanon was barely growing and in fact had lost population during the 1970s.  In this blurb about the groundbreaking of Providence in 2004, it says that the Providence developer bought the land from Simon which had originally planned a large mall there.  Again, the plans for this Simon mall in MJ predate Hartmann Drive by a good 10 years.

image.png.b3aec471fb75dc5dc59ff1111415f8f5.png

https://www.globest.com/sites/globest/2004/11/18/830000-sf-open-air-center-nears-groundbreaking/?slreturn=20230301174249

Some of the retailers, including target, were planned for the Hartmann drive shopping ceter with Home Depot. They pulled out when Providence was officially announced in Mt Juliet.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 6:56 PM, gannman said:

Some of the retailers, including target, were planned for the Hartmann drive shopping ceter with Home Depot. They pulled out when Providence was officially announced in Mt Juliet.

If that's the case, I'd be willing to bet the farm that Target was originally going to go around the proposed Simon mall in MJ then switched to Lebanon when Simon cancelled its MJ mall.  I also would be willing to bet the farm that Simon cancelled its plans for a mall in MJ around the same time that Gaylord announced it was replacing Opryland with a mall (late 90s).  Anyway, I know it's fashionable for people in Lebanon to hate on Mt Juliet, and the alleged "stealing" of Target is probably just one of many reasons even though the ire should be directed at Target, not at Mt Juliet.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1

Wilson County: Mount Juliet will see Tremor subdivision by the Pulte Group featuring 349 homes on 317 acres on the east side of Benders Ferry Rd. near Gay Winds Dive. The plan is divided into six phases over about five years.

Nearly 32 acres of improved open space will include trails, tot lot for young children, community garden, dog park, picnic areas, ballfields and 4,000 square foot pool and deck with a 2,000 square foot amenity area.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2023/04/05/plan-offers-mt-juliet-up-to-349-homes-off-benders-ferry/70031273007/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I think that's an interesting looking project, but I wish it were going downtown. Anyone here compiled a list of new residential buildings going into dt M'boro? 

One East College (corner of North Church and East College, former site of First United Methodist Church) is supposed to have 163 apartments and 28 condos in five-story buildings. They cut a 12-story hotel from the proposal. They supposedly have funding secured but the site has sat dormant for about a year now.

There was a proposal to put in 340 apartments at the corner of Broad and Church but it had pushback from the city council, who wanted to see fewer rental properties and also didn't want to block views of downtown.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County: Lebanon has a bit more info on the Barton Village 731 home, 305 acre subdivision by  Suncrest Real Estate.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/04/10/suncrest-lebanon-barton.html

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 2.16.05 PM.png

Been waiting on this one , for some time now. 
CSDG has some renderings on their website, under master planning in their portfolio. It also features a 600+ unit Del Webb community, total buildout is around 1800 residential units including SFH, townhouse, and flats. Will include a Town Center, with retail, medical office, etc. 

Edited by Luvemtall
  • Like 4

Williamson County: Nolensivlle will see an 11,900 sq. ft., $18 million  TriStar Health Emergency Center on Ava Place near the intersection of Burkitt Place Drive and Nolensville Road. It will operate as a satellite facility of TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center and would feature 12 exam rooms, one trauma room, a lab, an imaging department, a nurse station and support spaces.  It is set to be built on 2.8 acres of mixed-use development Burkitt Commons II.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/04/11/tristar-health-plans-18-million-freestanding-ed.html

1355110265_ScreenShot2023-04-11at12_53_16PM.png

• Like 4