Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Looks like the redevelopment of the FUMC in downtown Murfreesboro is a full go-ahead with the securing of tax break for a parking garage as part of the project. The development calls for 110-rooms, 55 residential units, 5-story office building, 505-space garage, ground-level retail, and turning the old sanctuary into event/restaurant space.

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2019/08/28/murfreesboro-downtown-parking-garage-tax-break-first-united-methodist-church-redevelopment-plan/2139541001/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A 192 unit development to be called Anderson Park has been approved for 20 acres on land east of Anderson Lane and north of East Main in Hendersonville.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2019/08/29/preliminary-plans-192-unit-development-behind-lowes-hendersonville-approved/2145937001/

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 6.09.46 AM.png

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:12 AM, markhollin said:

A 192 unit development to be called Anderson Park has been approved for 20 acres on land east of Anderson Lane and north of East Main in Hendersonville.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2019/08/29/preliminary-plans-192-unit-development-behind-lowes-hendersonville-approved/2145937001/

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 6.09.46 AM.png

aka Anderson .Paak.    

• Like 1

Good  overview article about the massive 3.1 million sq. ft., 5 story warehouse that Panattoni is building in Wilson County, and how it will impact the community around it.  Speculation is that it is for Amazon.  As I have shared at Meet-Ups a couple of times---and is confirmed here---Amazon is building a 2.6 million sq. ft., 5 story distribution center near the airport in Oklahoma City.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/09/03/amazon-mt-juliet-tennessee-project-sam-development-plan/2125084001/?utm_source=tennessean-Daily Briefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_briefing&utm_term=list_article_thumb

42 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Good  overview article about the massive 3.1 million sq. ft., 5 story warehouse that Panattoni is building in Wilson County, and how it will impact the community around it.  Speculation is that it is for Amazon.  As I have shared at Meet-Ups a couple of times---and is confirmed here---Amazon is building a 2.6 million sq. ft., 5 story distribution center near the airport in Oklahoma City.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/09/03/amazon-mt-juliet-tennessee-project-sam-development-plan/2125084001/?utm_source=tennessean-Daily Briefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_briefing&utm_term=list_article_thumb

Yeah, I've started to hear Amazon from more people too as well. The OKC warehouse is pretty much a dead giveaway that this is what it is. It's crazy how much square footage Amazon is going to have in Middle Tennessee if this is theirs.

• Like 2

Ramsey Solutions will have the grand opening of their 200,000 sq. ft., 6 story HQ at the Berry Farms development in Franklin, that will house 850 employees. The plan is to add 400 more by 2023. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/06/virtual-tourdave-ramsey-unveils-hq-with-a.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.03.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.03.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.04.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.04.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.04.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.05.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.05.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.05.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.05.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.06.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.06.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.06.25 AM.png

• Like 3

Phase II (197,000 sq. ft.) of the Brentwood Hill Center ($211 million) is nearing completion and some new tenants have been announced: Cycle Bar, Clean Juice, Drybar, Pure Sweat + Flow Studio. Also, a 148 room, 4 story AC Hotel by Marriott will take up an additional 90,000 sq. ft. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/16/new-tenants-announced-for-highprofile-brentwood.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21087100/hill-center-brentwood-adds-four-retailers

And The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/brentwood/2019/09/16/new-businesses-opening-hill-center-brentwood/2341926001/

The rendering of the overall project when it will be complete:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 11.02.38 AM.png

This render shows the new hotel at the left, and new office building at right:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 11.03.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 11.03.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 11.03.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 11.04.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 11.04.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.53.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.53.22 PM.png

• Like 3

Boston-based AEW Capital Mgt. just bought the Novel Lockwood Glen apartment community in Franklin for $68.5 million.  That works out to $287,000 per unit, which smashes the previous price-per-unit record for the area held by Midtown's Ellison23 complex for 5 years. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/19/boston-buyer-pays-record-sum-for-apartments-nope.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

On 8/19/2019 at 7:45 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I understand a lot of their shoppers are not very savvy, so those folks just have no clue as it is ingrained their brain cells,

Yes those folks are Hispanic and Black at the two Walmarts that sandwich my house in inner loop Houston, two miles either side of me. If that is germaine to the quote. In fact that is the case at every Walmart I've been to in Houston. One of those  two near me is  one of only two Walmart inner loop Big Box stores here, which if you knew the land prices  you would know is quite a corporate achievement. Lowes and Home Depot can't make it work. 

Many Walmarts are easily accessed on the freeways from the low income and blue collar areas scattered all around Houston. Where are these people otherwise going to go to get the smorgasbord of stuff available at a Super Walmart? Where exactly? Houston is the best place in the country for a plethora of great paying blue collar jobs, and Walmart knows it and tailors their offerings. 

Wal Mart has lost their way as you go into their stores and they never have what you are looking for

Seriously?

"What you are looking for" -> you go to their website do a search, click on your items and then one at a time search the nearby stores to see which ones have them in stock and how many of each.  You can put their app on your phone which is faster. You can even buy the Walmart logo shopping list pad, have it on your fridge and when the list gets to 4~5 items, do all this. 

If they don't have the Flo-Tec  35 gallon well pressure tank (actually none of them stock it) then you order it online and it comes 3 days later to the store. Walmart had that tank for $199 and the closest only equivalent was the same exact model at Lowe's for $249. Many of the things you get at Home Depot and Lowe's you get there cheaper much of it stocked at warehouses for free store delivery. Guess what - for a laugh I went to Target.com to do a search on "well pressure tank" and I got pictures of women of all sizes wearing tanks.

and the quality of the goods they have seem to be sub par.

I have to laugh again. The quality of the goods covers a wide range for very good reason. It is planned that way. Example: I needed a garden hose "Y" for a quick and dirty feeding of a soaker hose from both ends. Lowes and Home Depot only had the metal units for about $7  min and the application does not call for metal. Walmart had the plastic one for $1.00 and btw the metal one for $5.50 which was overkill. I got the plastic "Y" at the same visit as the shoelaces, the trail mix, the pack of pens, the power steering fluid, and the thumb drive. I had made note of which row and  bay for each (off the website) so  walked straight to each item. The types of people and the half minute walk from the car didn't bother me.

Sorry for the dissertation.  

I get this same story from some of the liberal musicians I hang with. With various  attached themes  such as presented from a social justice standpoint so-called or whatever other grievance - such as a problem with spectacularly successful enterprises.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: elite urban dwellers' negative opinions on Walmart are driven by something other than extensive experience. 

Since I have a 3-unit property at the Olympic Peninsula I absolutely am dependent upon Walmart as are the residents within 5~25 miles who don't want to drive  40 miles to Olympia for their essentials, and would rather be doing productive work than drive.  Walmart saves them time, fuel, and mechanical wear and tear and so is an economic engine writ large.  The people there  couldn't care less about  elite opinion.  I think I know of what I speak and BTW Walmart has no problem with quality, as my property manager buys stuff for all their properties there.

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 3

Wilson County: 

Mt. Juliet's planning commission gave a postive recommendation in its review of the 5 story, 3.6 million sq. ft. distribution center. It now goes before Mt. Juliet's city commission for final approval.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/09/19/planning-commission-recommends-mt-juliet-project-sam-linked-amazon/2364135001/

Sumner County:

- Fairvue Plantation at 1645 Nashville Pike in Gallatin will include 4 office buildings on 2.88 acres.

- Villas on the Greens in Gallatin will be 68 condo development on 13 acres north of Fairvue Plantation.

- Thorne Creek at Kennesaw Farms will be a housing development in Gallatin covering 410 acres east of Big Station Camp Blvd, and north of CSX railroad.

- A massive K-12 school campus in Gallatin to house 4,500 students on Upper Station Camp Rd., one mile north of Long Hollow Pike is being planned.

More at the Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/gallatin/2019/09/19/gallatin-tn-new-developments-approved/2373777001/

6 hours ago, dragonfly said:

Yes those folks are Hispanic and Black at the two Walmarts that sandwich my house in inner loop Houston, two miles either side of me. If that is germaine to the quote. In fact that is the case at every Walmart I've been to in Houston. One of those  two near me is  one of only two Walmart inner loop Big Box stores here, which if you knew the land prices  you would know is quite a corporate achievement. Lowes and Home Depot can't make it work. 

Many Walmarts are easily accessed on the freeways from the low income and blue collar areas scattered all around Houston. Where are these people otherwise going to go to get the smorgasbord of stuff available at a Super Walmart? Where exactly? Houston is the best place in the country for a plethora of great paying blue collar jobs, and Walmart knows it and tailors their offerings. 

Seriously?

"What you are looking for" -> you go to their website do a search, click on your items and then one at a time search the nearby stores to see which ones have them in stock and how many of each.  You can put their app on your phone which is faster. You can even buy the Walmart logo shopping list pad, have it on your fridge and when the list gets to 4~5 items, do all this. 

If they don't have the Flo-Tec  35 gallon well pressure tank (actually none of them stock it) then you order it online and it comes 3 days later to the store. Walmart had that tank for $199 and the closest only equivalent was the same exact model at Lowe's for $249. Many of the things you get at Home Depot and Lowe's you get there cheaper much of it stocked at warehouses for free store delivery. Guess what - for a laugh I went to Target.com to do a search on "well pressure tank" and I got pictures of women of all sizes wearing tanks.

I have to laugh again. The quality of the goods covers a wide range for very good reason. It is planned that way. Example: I needed a garden hose "Y" for a quick and dirty feeding of a soaker hose from both ends. Lowes and Home Depot only had the metal units for about $7  min and the application does not call for metal. Walmart had the plastic one for $1.00 and btw the metal one for $5.50 which was overkill. I got the plastic "Y" at the same visit as the shoelaces, the trail mix, the pack of pens, the power steering fluid, and the thumb drive. I had made note of which row and  bay for each (off the website) so  walked straight to each item. The types of people and the half minute walk from the car didn't bother me.

I get this same story from some of the liberal musicians I hang with. With various  attached themes  such as presented from a social justice standpoint so-called or whatever other grievance - such as a problem with spectacularly successful enterprises.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: elite urban dwellers' negative opinions on Walmart are driven by something other than extensive experience. 

Since I have a 3-unit property at the Olympic Peninsula I absolutely am dependent upon Walmart as are the residents within 5~25 miles who don't want to drive  40 miles to Olympia for their essentials, and would rather be doing productive work than drive.  Walmart saves them time, fuel, and mechanical wear and tear and so is an economic engine writ large.  The people there  couldn't care less about  elite opinion.  I think I know of what I speak and BTW Walmart has no problem with quality, as my property manager buys stuff for all their properties there.

I take it you like Wal-Hell. You can have it as I now do the majority of my shopping at Aldis which is 15 minutes out of the way (one way) or Amazon Pantry or Prime that is equal to or less than with out having to deal with the madness of the substandard customer service, standing in line at the self check out counters, and yes not being able to find what I need as they carry so much, they never carry the item I need. I can be in and out of a competing store in 2 minutes vs 10 minutes at a Wal Hell for just one item. I have to park out in the far forty acre lot, dodge the idiots that dont know how to drive, go to the far side of the store to pick up a half gallon of milk, stand in line at the self check out waiting for some person with 200 items doing a self check out because the people in Arkansas are too cheap to open a second check out lane, or if I go to a manned station I have to hear the checker complain that its too hot it the store and the heat and air are controlled by the big shots in Arkansas, so before you know it I have waited 10 to 15 minutes on one item.

Dont talk to me about being liberal or conservative because that has nothing to do with the issue. Its a matter of POOR customer service and a business model that is out of date and a company that treats their employees and their customers like trash. Look at the customer satisfaction surveys and Wal-hell is at or near the bottom of the heap.

Do I go to W-H Auto, I did and after three major screw ups on their part....NEVER again as they have no clue what they are doing or they are so afraid of getting sued they are afraid to do the work.

Do I buy other goods at W-H if I need them that day, no, I go to Target  or any where else I can go as their stores are cleaner, better organized and the workers are better trained.

As for Amazon Prime and Pantry, its simply a matter of waiting a day and I have it from Amazon. 

As for Aldis, the price I pay for groceries has dropped significantly. At least 15% from what I was paying at W-H. 

My wish is that Wal-Hell would go out of business as they destroyed small communities by putting mom and pop stores out of business when they opened their horrible stores. Turn about is fair play and they need to get what is coming to them.

• Like 3

I dislike their contrived store layouts (I know ALL store layouts are contrived). But their pharmacy is at the opposite end of their grocery... REALLY?! And the stores they've opened around here lately are ridiculously huge. I do go to their "Neighborhood Market" from time to time. I don't care that they are dark drab places, but my wife can't stand them. 

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County: 

Mt. Juliet's planning commission gave a postive recommendation in its review of the 5 story, 3.6 million sq. ft. distribution center. It now goes before Mt. Juliet's city commission for final approval.More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/09/19/planning-commission-recommends-mt-juliet-project-sam-linked-amazon/2364135001/

Guess what is proposed just down the road in Memphis? Project 'Iris' which is 5 stories, 4 million square feet, and parking for 1,800. Sound familiar? Sounds like Amazon? No confirmation for either

A massive warehouse is planned for North Memphis. Could it be Amazon?

• Like 1

Fifteen developers and investors from six states are pursuing more than $3 billion of mixed-use projects there, according to Nashville Business Journal research shown on the map below.

“There’s a certain cohort of millennials moving to the suburbs. We think they’ll desire a similar environment to the urban lifestyle they’re used to — and we can make that exist in Cool Springs,” said Turner, managing director of MarketStreet Enterprises, who developed The Gulch. “We believe that is coming, and we want to be at the forefront. They can’t be your parents’ suburbs,” he said. “Younger folks require them to be hip, walkable, with urban amenities. They’re not looking for white picket fences.”

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/26/cool-springs-strikes-back-3b-of-projects-aim-to.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 2.53.36 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1