Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

We are checking as this may be one of the tallest new construction warehouses in the country. Multilevel warehouses are common in Asia but not here.

This one would be 92' tall. I think and that goes back to the typical warehouse floor almost as they are 20 to 30 feet ceilings, so this one is just under that.

I would not be surprised if this is Amazon as they are trending toward more multilevel urban warehouses although this one is not urban, it may be a trend that will continue.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2019 at 7:06 AM, smeagolsfree said:

We are checking as this may be one of the tallest new construction warehouses in the country. Multilevel warehouses are common in Asia but not here.

This one would be 92' tall. I think and that goes back to the typical warehouse floor almost as they are 20 to 30 feet ceilings, so this one is just under that.

I would not be surprised if this is Amazon as they are trending toward more multilevel urban warehouses although this one is not urban, it may be a trend that will continue.

I'm honestly surprised that they're looking at going multilevel. You typically see this in high density areas where land is at a premium. But with it being 3.5 million sqft, it may be cheaper to do it this way. This is a monster of a building. I'm in the motive power industry and have only heard of these types of warehouses, haven't actually seen one in person yet. We've seen a shift in companies going to narrow aisle and going a lot higher vertically, which of course increases demands on the batteries of the trucks. I'm sure this will be there same. This is bigger news than I think a lot of people realize. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, satalac said:

I'm honestly surprised that they're looking at going multilevel. You typically see this in high density areas where land is at a premium. But with it being 3.5 million sqft, it may be cheaper to do it this way. This is a monster of a building. I'm in the motive power industry and have only heard of these types of warehouses, haven't actually seen one in person yet. We've seen a shift in companies going to narrow aisle and going a lot higher vertically, which of course increases demands on the batteries of the trucks. I'm sure this will be there same. This is bigger news than I think a lot of people realize. 

It is the equivalent of downtown getting a 1,500 ft tower. That's how I have been telling others, for comparison

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Buildtall said:

Will it be very close to the interstate where it will visible to the passing traffic. If so the size of it would be an amazing site coming into town.

Not really. It will be visible off in the distance because of the height, but I think most people will drive by and never know it's there

Screenshot_20190818-223548_Maps.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it mat be Amazon as they are the ones that are going after the larger warehouse space, but your guess could be on track. Sam's/Walmart seem to be struggling to keep up with the distribution system that Amazon already has in place. It will take a huge amount of financial commitment for them to bite the bullet to just catch up not to mention pass them which I dont see them doing.

As for me, I quit going to Wal-Hell for almost everything as I travel 20 minutes out of the way just to avoid the one that is 3 miles away from me. I think many people are doing the same thing and they are starting to feel the burn. Aldis is starting to eat their lunch as is Kroger and Dollar General. I understand a lot of their shoppers are not very savvy, so those folks just have no clue as it is ingrained their brain cells, "Hey, Lets go to Wal Mart". I will go to a competing store and pay a little more because its easier to get in and out for a gallon of milk as that is a ten minute stop for one item. Those quick items are in the back of the store. 

Wal Mart has lost their way as you go into their stores and they never have what you are looking for even though they have a large store and the quality of the goods they have seem to be sub par. They use to have banners in their stores touting they sold American made or even products made in that State. Not any more aa most of the items come from China and they will be hurt extremely bad by the tariffs. On top of that they seem to have trouble keeping the same item on the shelf two weeks in a row. They are not being consistent with their products any longer and people want consistency.

If the warehouse is Sam's/Walmart, it could be the start of  a huge gamble for them as they have already lost a lot of customers that will never ever go back and it may end up being the very start of the end of their company as we know it.

Sorry for the dissertation.  

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎17 at 7:06 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I had thought originally that just the office portion would be multistory, but the total footprint of that building looks to be about one million square feet so a three-story warehouse portion checks out.

Some more info and better rendering of the layout for the massive Project Sam warehouse.

- The 3.52 million sq. ft. of warehouse space is equivalent to 61 football fields.

- Panattoni has hired Ragan-Smith Associates Inc. to work on the project.

- Atlanta's Macgregor Associates Architects designed the building.

- Mt. Juliet officials are weighing a requested rezoning and variances to allow the project to be built as currently designed.

The plans for Project Sam refer to one exit from the development being "for peak season only," indicating that a retailer of some kind will be occupying the building.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/08/19/giant-distribution-hub-pitched-for-project-sam.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 3.16.02 PM.png

• Like 4

Highwoods Properties is going ahead with Virginia Springs Phase II office building (the twin to the 4 story Phase I with 110,000 sq. ft. of Class A office space) without any tenants lined-up. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/08/20/first-look-regions-office-king-kickstarts-next.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.11.11 PM.png

This screen shot from Smegolsfree's excellent development shows the campus highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.12.32 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 83 acre "beer park" known as Hop Springs in Murfreesboro continues to add clients as Mantra Artisan Ales and Life Is Brewing are relocating there from Franklin.

Jay Martin, who is Life Is Brewing's executive vice president of sales, said, "The difference between these two [locations] is a lot more than just capacity. The new facility will allow us to keep a steady flow of our year-round offerings in the market as well as get us back to experimenting with new beers that will be offered in the taproom, and at the upcoming beer gardens at MTSU football games."

M
ore at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/08/21/brewer-all-in-on-beer-park-hands-taproom-keys-to.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Hop Springs main building:

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 3.00.47 PM.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The 83 acre "beer park" known as Hop Springs in Murfreesboro continues to add clients as Mantra Artisan Ales and Life Is Brewing are relocating there from Franklin.

Jay Martin, who is Life Is Brewing's executive vice president of sales, said, "The difference between these two [locations] is a lot more than just capacity. The new facility will allow us to keep a steady flow of our year-round offerings in the market as well as get us back to experimenting with new beers that will be offered in the taproom, and at the upcoming beer gardens at MTSU football games."

M
ore at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/08/21/brewer-all-in-on-beer-park-hands-taproom-keys-to.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Hop Springs main building:

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 3.00.47 PM.png

Wait, MTSU has a beer garden at their games? I'm a football fan, former MTSU student and current Murfreesboro resident. This may be what finally pushes me over the edge to attend my first MTSU game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, satalac said:

Wait, MTSU has a beer garden at their games? I'm a football fan, former MTSU student and current Murfreesboro resident. This may be what finally pushes me over the edge to attend my first MTSU game. 

They host Duke University in a few weeks. It ought to be a good game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some homes are now complete and for sale at the 100 acre/69 house Vineyard Valley in College Grove.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2019/08/26/first-homes-ready-new-college-grove-community/2096971001/

They're across the street from me.  We've been through them.  "Meh"

Some housing news in Mt. Juliet:

A 16 home development called Eden's Grove to be built by Tony Meyers on 23 acres (mostly $1 million homes) has received preliminary approval for just north of Saundersville Rd. 

Also, a 60 unit townhome project called Hibbett Station was approved for 9 acres off of Clemmons and Curd Roads.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/08/27/mt-juliet-custom-home-sites-approved/2124003001/

A new middle school on Henpeck Lane adjacent to Oak View Elementary School in Franklin is expected to open next July.  The unnamed school is currently under construction and will have a capacity of 1,000 students, making it one of the larger standalone middle schools in Williamson County. The approximately $40 million, two-story school is projected to open July 15, 2020.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/franklin/2019/08/26/williamson-education-committee-approves-funding-henpeck-middle-school-early-childhood-classrooms/2126802001/

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 8.59.16 AM.png

• Like 1