Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

28 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

I think the developers should redesign this skyscraper to be a mix use of commercial/residential/hotel. Then, it could be built now.

Now your on my page! It doesn’t need to be a office only building. There’s more tenants available in the hotel arena then office, not that some office space couldn’t be incorporated in the overall plan. This building is more important to the puzzle being completed, then say the two mystery towers along 9th . It will appear as a missing tooth , if not built in its grand design. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Amazon.com Inc. expects employees back in the office starting May 1, a shift from the remote-work-friendly policy it's had for almost three years.

At that time, workers will be expected to put in at least three days a week at the office, said CEO Andy Jassy. He said there are "exceptions to these expectations, but that will be a small minority," according to a posting on the company's website.

With roughly 3,000 office employees, Amazon is downtown Nashville's largest private-sector employer (with all those workers present in the office). The company has leased more than 1 million square feet of office space at the Church Street side of the Nashville Yards development, with one tower open.

Jassy gave a list of reasons for bringing people back, which included the ease of collaborating and inventing, and assimilating new hires to Amazon's corporate culture.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/17/amazon-pegs-new-return-to-office-date-in-may.html

Good. finally some real work will be done

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:37 AM, nashville born said:Because looking at the current shots, it looks MASSIVE!

That’s what I love about Nashville Yards. A lot of buildings in Nashville usually don’t fill the whole site with building. Like the Four Seasons is just a skinny tower that’s only a tiny bit of the site when compared to how much the garage and hotel portion take up. Which I get is due to setbacks, etc., but in places like NYC and Chicago, the tower itself, not just the garage, takes up the whole site, and it looks a lot better and “big city” This new NY Pinnacle building does that which I’m excited for as it’ll feel enormous and very not typical Nashville. 
If that makes sense lol. 

• Like 4