Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Here is what I posted somewhere on UP talking about an office building JLL is advertising.  I speculated then it was the Even hotel site 
https://powersearch.jll.com/us-en/property/46020/stonewall-station

It’s a massive typo. They are advertising the transit plaza jewel box for office. 2300 sq feet. They added way too many zeros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so why would Asana not try to lease this jewel box themselves or it is better suited for office?   I would love to see an independent coffee shop here as once the rail trail bridge and convention center bridge both get done this will be at the crossroads. Plus it is closest LYNX station to Ally Center, Legacy 1-2, Duke Metro   

IMG_2210.thumb.JPG.9e50f5ea5ef42deda788a362b5a657b5.JPG&key=7010087b4f14be19b1de682a2117120da49b8f27e47bcc518b0d801017651afd

IMG_2211.thumb.JPG.7a0b64a5c3483c05e11095437432d89b.JPG&key=df20229bb0fe30ba42b96aadbfc6b02b8e46cdd83195963f4653e2a78b9f78fe

It became useless for retail when it stopped being WholeFoods Cafe.

Not good for coffee because it’s barely accessible from Novel which will have a starbucks. Not accessible from Westin or Convention Center which have their own Coffee Shops. Relying on train only isn’t a good way to break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can envision their slogan now. “Don’t like to co-work? Join MeWork and rent your private cubicle today!”  

lol I’m just kidding. But that is such a small & peculiar spot for office space. It would have to be something special or unique to draw ppl there due to the reasonings above for retail. Something that lacks in Uptown to draw them from below or to take the train to. I was thinking a bubble tea and sandwiches like banh mi. Hell, put a Jenny’s ice cream/sandwich shop there to relieve some pressure off of south ends location (y’all have seen the lines). There also looks like vacant retail space at the Westin entrance of Stonewall station too. Not sure on that though but there is wrap on the windows. Would hate to see that jewel box filled with office though. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I can envision their slogan now. “Don’t like to co-work? Join MeWork and rent your private cubicle today!”  

lol I’m just kidding. But that is such a peculiar spot for office space. It would have to be something special or unique to draw ppl there due to the reasonings above for retail. Something that lacks in Uptown to draw them from below or to take the train to. I was thinking a bubble tea and sandwiches like banh mi. Hell, put a Jenny’s ice cream/sandwich shop there to relieve some pressure off of south ends location (y’all have seen the lines). There also looks like vacant retail space at the Westin entrance of Stonewall station too. Not sure on that though but there is wrap on the windows. Would hate to see that jewel box filled with office though. 

Thank you! Yes it presented some challenges when it was cut off from Whole Foods downstairs, but it may have been a blessing in disguise. Whole Foods Uptown gained the sq. ftge. that an elevator/escalator would have poached from it, and this space can ABSOLUTELY thrive with a unique and/or underserved "destination" business.

Express or Express Men could open here, after already putting their feelers out in the temp store during the NBA All-Star weekend, or some other apparel store. Dry goods in general would draw people but clothes in particular would make a killing anywhere NEAR there.

10 hours ago, Eightane said:

Thank you! Yes it presented some challenges when it was cut off from Whole Foods downstairs, but it may have been a blessing in disguise. Whole Foods Uptown gained the sq. ftge. that an elevator/escalator would have poached from it, and this space can ABSOLUTELY thrive with a unique and/or underserved "destination" business.

Express or Express Men could open here, after already putting their feelers out in the temp store during the NBA All-Star weekend, or some other apparel store. Dry goods in general would draw people but clothes in particular would make a killing anywhere NEAR there.

Express just announced the planned closure of 100 locations last week. 

I can’t imagine that a location with no street frontage, odd/difficult access, and no adjacent similar retail would be high on their list for store expansion.   

Until completion of the rail trail, I can’t imagine any retail or really anything dependent on walk in customers being interested in this location 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 11:12 AM, atlrvr said:

So, it looks like Asana just purchased the stalled Even hotel site from that developer about 4 weeks ago. I thought it was this thread, but guess not, where @KJHburg posted JLL marketing new office space on this block.  Given Asana has been primarily a retail developer, I guess they are looking to get into office or have a partner.

I’m confused. So this isn’t going to be a hotel anymore? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruco72 said:

Express just announced the planned closure of 100 locations last week. 

I can’t imagine that a location with no street frontage, odd/difficult access, and no adjacent similar retail would be high on their list for store expansion.   

Until completion of the rail trail, I can’t imagine any retail or really anything dependent on walk in customers being interested in this location 

THANK YOU

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Optimism is what built this city! Our airport tall buildings etc.   Easy to be a negative nelly but harder to be positive despite all the benefits.

Thank you.  

I’m sure there’s some creative ways to utilize the space. If it’s not making any money, maybe Center City Partners can partner up with who owns this (I assume Crescent?) and it can be a space that is leased out to a small business. I dunno, like a place you drink wine and paint? A lease with favorable termination language  in the event they find something that generates more revenue.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

I am hearing through the grapevine that a non retail non bank  tenant will go into this glass jewel box  (right hand side of first photo)  and actually it will be a good fit for the area.  and the Great wall of Charlotte. 

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4