Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

Bridgestone executive gives reasons for relocation of Retail Division from Chicago area to Nashville...  they sell 60% of all tires produced by the company... lower cost of living (including taxes)... better weather... and "Nashville is hot".  

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/12/rubber-on-the-road-one-reason-bridgestones-adding.html?page=all

• Like 3

When I look at that photo, I visualize how much more space we have for towers to be built all the way to the interstate in the distance!

When I first moved to Nashville in '96 and went on a ride around that leg of I-40, I saw exactly the same thing in my mind's eye!  :wub: 

Today, though, I see an even dreamier mix of residential and commercial spaces---primarily on the scale of the Hampton Inn & Suites---that keep Nashville's center going strong a full 24/7. (It makes an even prettier picture for residents, workers, visitors, and postcards, huh?)   :camera: 

I'm afraid of what blocks of office towers would do to that city in our dreams besides create blocks of dead spaces after 6 o'clock and ruin those views from I-40.  :(

Maybe, those towers should be kept to Koreans and Lafayette? 

Edited by vinemp

When I first moved to Nashville in '96 and went on a ride around that leg of I-40, I saw exactly the same thing in my mind's eye!  :wub: 

Today, though, I see an even dreamier mix of residential and commercial spaces---primarily on the scale of the Hampton Inn & Suites---that keep Nashville's center going strong a full 24/7. (It makes an even prettier picture for residents, workers, visitors, and postcards, huh?)   :camera: 

I'm afraid of what blocks of office towers would do to that city in our dreams besides create blocks of dead spaces after 6 o'clock and ruin those views from I-40.  :(

Maybe, those towers should be kept to Koreans and Lafayette? 

Oh yeah...I wouldn't want just towers...but ya gotta throw in a few 600 footers, don't ya think?  :whistling:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Core drillers were hard at work yesterday. The more I sit at the traffic light and envision this thing, it'll be truly impressive. It may not be a new tallest or even as tall as we had hoped for, but it'll have a very commanding presence at that corner.

Amen Nash! Yes, 460' is no slouch. In most cities in America, 460' feet is very tall. When I think of midtown, and The Gulch getting 15-25 story buildings I remember when those were huge buildings for Nashville. Now on one street in the CBD/Sobro we are getting a 345' and a 460' at the same time. Unprecedented for Nashville.

The Westin, if over 300, will be the first time in Nashville history we had three 300+ foot towers break ground the same calendar year.

Amen Nash! Yes, 460' is no slouch. In most cities in America, 460' feet is very tall. When I think of midtown, and The Gulch getting 15-25 story buildings I remember when those were huge buildings for Nashville. Now on one street in the CBD/Sobro we are getting a 345' and a 460' at the same time. Unprecedented for Nashville.

The Westin, if over 300, will be the first time in Nashville history we had three 300+ foot towers break ground the same calendar year.

If we can get the JWM to break ground this summer, it will be exciting to watch those 4 SoBro towers rise at the same time.

Westin will most likely be in the 300' to 350' range - 27 stories.

You are correct, but on the lower end of the scale. But over 300'. I have heard

Its funny:

Nashville City Center 27 stories and 404 feet

Sheraton 27 stories and 299 feet

UBS Building 29 stories and 354 feet

Regions Bank 23 stories and 359 feet.

The Cumberland 23 stories and 269 feet

ATT 28 stories and 617 feet!

The list could go on.

It is amazing how heights can vary from one tower to another based on a variety of factors. I hope Ron is right and we get 300 feet or more out of this building. In regards to JWM. Not sold on this being a real proposal yet.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 1

Its funny:

Nashville City Center 27 stories and 404 feet

Sheraton 27 stories and 299 feet

UBS Building 29 stories and 354 feet

Regions Bank 23 stories and 359 feet.

The Cumberland 23 stories and 269 feet

ATT 28 stories and 617 feet!

The list could go on.

It is amazing how heights can vary from one tower to another based on a variety of factors. I hope Ron is right and we get 300 feet or more out of this building. In regards to JWM. Not sold on this being a real proposal yet.

But keep in mind the Westin has that roof that swoops up and then the Westin letters on top of that.

Driving East on Demonbreun Street, this building will tower quite nicely over the street. I would say besides 505 and The Sobro, this is my 3rd favorite tower. The utilitarian 15-25 story boxes going up in the Gulch and Mid-Town/Vandy simply don't get my attention like the aforementioned pieces do. Still not sure about the Westin yet as I have not seen a good rendering.

Driving East on Demonbreun Street, this building will tower quite nicely over the street. I would say besides 505 and The Sobro, this is my 3rd favorite tower. The utilitarian 15-25 story boxes going up in the Gulch and Mid-Town/Vandy simply don't get my attention like the aforementioned pieces do. Still not sure about the Westin yet as I have not seen a good rendering.

Surely the JWM has got to be in there somewhere!  :P  (sorry...I'm in love with that design)