Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

As much as I would love a line like this to go to Franklin, Oak Hill would have the exact same response as the Richland neighbors did with the AMP.

Sadly, you may be right.  Oak Hill had a major putsch over the slight suggestion of rezoning a parcel near Franklin/OHB to commercial use.  What if the line just went down the middle of Franklin Pike but didn't include a stop in Oak Hill?  That would keep "the riff raff" from stopping there.

My grand vision that i have shared in the past actually had light rail to franklin along the csx lines, (which rookzie informed me cant happen because of rules with light rail and heavy rail next to each other), but when I got to 440 heading north I could never decide between continuing along the rr row or jumping over to franklin pike and following 8th into the cbd around 440. that option always looked to serve more people in a rapidly growing neighborhood.

I think I recall reading or seeing evidence that the original inter-urban railway to Franklin ran down the center of Franklin Pike, similar to the way that the inter-urban streetcar to Gallatin ran down Gallatin Pike for a good portion of it's route. 

But in any event there is pretty good Park-and-Ride lot/garage potential there behind the furniture store (used to be Merridien) and CVS that is a sneaky back lot connection from Gale Lane to the light at Berry Road immediately under 440.  Having that kind of access would do wonders for all of the new housing going in on Gale Lane. 

On the other hand, the absence of a stop at Thompson Lane / 100 Oaks would be a serious limitation to ending a BRT at Berry Road.  I couldn't begin to know how to route that, though.

Surely a route could extend the length of Thompson and intersect with a Franklin Rd. route. A transfer is not ideal, but seems appropriate given the disconnect between Franklin Rd. & 100 Oaks, and how useful a Thompson Rd. route would be anyway.

Edited by Vrtigo

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this goes here... Oldacre McDonald's 300-acre project in Antioch...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/11/17/developer-envisions-acre-retail-district-homes-antioch/19198179/

• Vision calls for dividing 300-acre development site into six subdistricts with retail, residential and mix of uses
Edited by MLBrumby

I just grabbed that from the Tennessean...I haven't seen any elevations or a rendering. Since the whole site is on a hill, I think that the street frontage would all be ground-level retail, with parking behind it at street level. On top of that, there would be a second story of all retail over the whole thing. The whole site is definitely quirky, so I appreciate the challenges they are facing here.

I do like the fact that they are essentially hiding all of the parking in the middle of the site.

• Like 1

ID like to have one of the apartments split by the city line.  imagine, living room and kitchen in Nashville and bedroom and parking in Berry hill.  what would you claim on the census.  

or imagine voting. you could vote for in a berry hill election while your neighbor that you share a wall with votes in metro.  

crazy.

ID like to have one of the apartments split by the city line.  imagine, living room and kitchen in Nashville and bedroom and parking in Berry hill.  what would you claim on the census.  

or imagine voting. you could vote for in a berry hill election while your neighbor that you share a wall with votes in metro.  

crazy.

It would go by which city your address is in.  It would be either or but that's a fun thought.  Looking at streetview I hope they keep that Magnolia near Franklin Pike, would be a shame to see it cut down.

• Like 1

It would go by which city your address is in.  It would be either or but that's a fun thought.  Looking at streetview I hope they keep that Magnolia near Franklin Pike, would be a shame to see it cut down.

Apparently there is a change.org petition to save the Magnolia.  Apparently the zoning recommendations for this property will be made by the Berry Hill Planning Commission.  I am not certain as to how that works with the MPC and the Metro Council.

FYI Site work is starting at the former Thoroughbred Motors / Audi Dealership (Lennar Project) directly across the street from the Colonial Bakery.  They put fencing around the entire lot on Friday and had multiple contractors on the lot and inside the building.  Also talks continue with the Berry Hill council regarding the former Antique Store directly across from 23 Hundred @ Berry Hill apts and a few hundred yards from Captain D's (on the same side) - SW corner of Franklin Pike and Bradford.  The preliminary plans are to make this a mix use or residential property similar to the lofts on 8th down the road.  Lastly, Fenwicks 300 is now open and will be serving Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner starting this weekend. Is is the final commercial project next to Sinema & the Sutler at the Melrose.  Its a project developed by the folks from Bonja Java and are billing it as a Modern Diner.

Adam

• Like 1

FYI Site work is starting at the former Thoroughbred Motors / Audi Dealership (Lennar Project) directly across the street from the Colonial Bakery.  They put fencing around the entire lot on Friday and had multiple contractors on the lot and inside the building.  Also talks continue with the Berry Hill council regarding the former Antique Store directly across from 23 Hundred @ Berry Hill apts and a few hundred yards from Captain D's (on the same side) - SW corner of Franklin Pike and Bradford.  The preliminary plans are to make this a mix use or residential property similar to the lofts on 8th down the road.  Lastly, Fenwicks 300 is now open and will be serving Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner starting this weekend. Is is the final commercial project next to Sinema & the Sutler at the Melrose.  Its a project developed by the folks from Bonja Java and are billing it as a Modern Diner.

Adam

Thanks Adam.

I saw onFriday when I had lunch at Sylvan Park. I am concerned that may end up being sold as well. They do not own the site, but it could happen.