smeagolsfree

101 Best Food Trucks in America 2014

http://www.thedailymeal.com/101-best-food-trucks-america?page=0,1

We have 4 on the list:

#101 Smoke Et Al (Nashville)

#96 Riffs Fine Street Food (Nashville)

#68 Mas Tacos Por Favor (Nashville)

#66 The Grilled Cheeserie (Nashville)

LA dominates the list. Gonna have to try some of their food trucks next time I visit.

DM

I think Rev Mubone's purchased the brewing system and will move it to Germantown. They will not occupy the former Boscoe's space in the Village...

One legacy comes down, another begins... Bosco's on 21st to become Reverend Mudbone's Homegrown Hopshine

This is the restaurant going into the old Sportsgrille in the Hilton downtown. NYC Italian restaurant setting up shop. Their other locations outside of NYC are in Atlantic City and Orlando.

Construction Finally Set to Begin on Downtown Trattoria Il Mulino Outpost

http://nashville.eater.com/2014/9/22/6829077/construction-finally-set-to-begin-on-downtown-trattoria-il-mulino

I am using a computer that will not allow me to post a link, but the gas station at the corner of 19th and West End will be the site of a new Yeah! Burger.  It will be a stand-alone building, and what I consider to be a waste of great property along W-E.  The Dawson family, who runs the gas station, will own the new building that will be leased by Yeah!  Not a big building, and will require a parking variance to allow more parking.  With all the fast food places and now this one, that stretch of W-E between 19th and 21st is really disappointing.  I have eaten at Yeah! in Atlanta, and frankly I don't get the hype.  The franchisers fancy themselves as "the Mellow Mushroom" of burger joints.  Can you say, "Saturation"?   Yes, I'm sure I have a bias against these burger places, but still disappointing. 

Edited by MLBrumby

I am using a computer that will not allow me to post a link, but the gas station at the corner of 19th and West End will be the site of a new Yeah! Burger.  It will be a stand-alone building, and what I consider to be a waste of great property along W-E.  The Dawson family, who runs the gas station, will own the new building that will be leased by Yeah!  Not a big building, and will require a parking variance to allow more parking.  With all the fast food places and now this one, that stretch of W-E between 19th and 21st is really disappointing.  I have eaten at Yeah! in Atlanta, and frankly I don't get the hype.  The franchisers fancy themselves as "the Mellow Mushroom" of burger joints.  Can you say, "Saturation"?   Yes, I'm sure I have a bias against these burger places, but still disappointing. 

Here is the link

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/10/01/yeah-burger-plans-locations-midtown-nashville/16543717/

The article states the address is 1921 Broadway...this would be the gray house on Broadway across from Noshville and Corner pub.

The gas station on 19th and west end that you are referring to is suppose to be a new bank building or something (I think)

• Like 1

That's right, Yeah Burger will be on Broadway at the site of the current gray two story salon building [not Salon FX] if they get a parking variance. Simpson's Gulf at 19th and West End is closing and is rumored [i haven't seen anything official] to be a local bank's new branch.

Thanks for clarifying... as I see Google maps... that is a whole block on 19th between West End and Broadway. I stand corrected. LOL... I'm still not thrilled by this concept, but it does fit better with its surroundings on that sliver of Broadway. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

A good week for beer lovers. The Beer Pale on Charlotte has opened at the site of the old Hostess Bakery:http://nashville.eater.com/2014/10/6/6905289/the-beer-pale-is-now-pouring-on-charlotte-avenue

Also, the Picnic Tap has opened at the Farmer's Market: http://nashville.eater.com/2014/10/2/6889671/beer-will-flow-at-the-farmers-market-as-the-picnic-tap-opens-today

Stopped by the Farmer's Market on Sunday. It didn't appear that the Picnic Tap has caused the FM to become an unruly bacchanal, as portended by some concerned citizens.

Edited by Bezoar
  • Like 3

A good week for beer lovers. The Beer Pale on Charlotte has opened at the site of the old Hostess Bakery:http://nashville.eater.com/2014/10/6/6905289/the-beer-pale-is-now-pouring-on-charlotte-avenue

Also, the Picnic Tap has opened at the Farmer's Market: http://nashville.eater.com/2014/10/2/6889671/beer-will-flow-at-the-farmers-market-as-the-picnic-tap-opens-today

Stopped by the Farmer's Market on Sunday. It didn't appear that the Picnic Tap has caused the FM to become an unruly bacchanal, as portended by some concerned citizens.

I stopped by the Picnic Tap on Friday for a growler. Only a handful of peaceful folks were in there and I met the owner. I really liked the space and the buildout. The indoor space is cozy and adequate, but it would be great to let them use the adjacent outside seating. They said there are Metro and State complications with that.

From the Post:

Midtown building to be rehabbed for two eateries

This is finally moving along. I have eaten at both restaurants here in Chattanooga and they are great.

Great location and excellent use of the building on Church.

Wasn't there a separate proposal for this building a few months ago with a much more significant renovation of the exterior? Hmm... It's hard to keep these things straight sometimes.

I dont know if any of you have been to Party Fowl yet of not, but, I for one was not a fan of the restaurant or the food either. It felt too "gimmicky"... like a hot chicken place for tourist, people who are just trying to cash in on the trend.

I concur.  It' s a poor burlesque of the real thing.  I got the hottest level offered, "poultrygeist", and was really let down.  

I concur.  It' s a poor burlesque of the real thing.  I got the hottest level offered, "poultrygeist", and was really let down.  

Hmmm.  Step right up, folks.  Get some Nashville Lukewarm Chicken!    I like the redo of the space to emphasize some outdoor seating.  But that whole intersection is screaming for a total make-over.  PourHouse seems so gimmicky to me at a built-environment level that I won't even give them a chance.  Sad to hear that PartyFowl is a letdown. 

Hmmm.  Step right up, folks.  Get some Nashville Lukewarm Chicken!    I like the redo of the space to emphasize some outdoor seating.  But that whole intersection is screaming for a total make-over.  PourHouse seems so gimmicky to me at a built-environment level that I won't even give them a chance.  Sad to hear that PartyFowl is a letdown. 

Its over priced (sweet tea and their version of hot chicken plate with fries-16 bucks), filled with people who recently moved to nashville (our waiter, who moved here 3 months ago, had no clue where or who the other hot chicken places in town were).

The interior design looked like someone took a tour of Nashville and then went and designed it the way the thought a Nashville restaurant should look.

This place would be fine.....if it wasn't in Nashville, literally down the street from Arnolds/Hattie B's/Boltons

• Like 3

PourHouse seems so gimmicky to me at a built-environment level that I won't even give them a chance.

Haha! I'm glad that I'm not alone on that. As soon as I saw that place and its faux 2nd level, I told my wife;

"I'm not going there"

"But I heard it's decent"

"Don't care, not going"

"But you love trying new..."

"Nope"

"But you love beer places and..."

"Not going. Bull$hit building. Gimmicky tourist crap. Not going there"

"O-K"

• Like 3

Its over priced (sweet tea and their version of hot chicken plate with fries-16 bucks), filled with people who recently moved to nashville (our waiter, who moved here 3 months ago, had no clue where or who the other hot chicken places in town were).

The interior design looked like someone took a tour of Nashville and then went and designed it the way the thought a Nashville restaurant should look.

This place would be fine.....if it wasn't in Nashville, literally down the street from Arnolds/Hattie B's/Boltons

LOL... :rofl:

Haha! I'm glad that I'm not alone on that. As soon as I saw that place and its faux 2nd level, I told my wife;

"I'm not going there"

"But I heard it's decent"

"Don't care, not going"

"But you love trying new..."

"Nope"

"But you love beer places and..."

"Not going. Bull$hit building. Gimmicky tourist crap. Not going there"

"O-K"

Your instincts are correct on this one.   It (and party fowl) have a very 2nd Ave / Lower broad touristy blandness to them.  

• Like 1

Sources: Tilted Kilt sports bar chain eyeing downtown Nashville

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/10/sources-tilted-kilt-sports-bar-chain-eying.html

We can probably add this one to the current list of downtown touristy restaurant chains:

Hooters

Hard Rock

Margaritaville

Dicks Last Resort