Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

I walked Union Street tonight on the way to TPAC and noticed that the storefront that was once home to Old Heidelberg restaurant (and before that, Helma's Soup Kettle) is under renovation.  Anyone have any idea if there's a new restaurant going into that space?  There was not a sign in the window that would indicate a future use. 

Passed by the old Helma's building this morning and noticed that the all glass front that was removed during construction is being replaced by two small residential style double sash windows.      It looks cheap and ridiculous contrasted with the ornate Italianate mouldings and windows of the second floor.     How in the world did this get a permit?

Still no idea what is going in this space.    I predict a hair salon.  

^ I went to the Flipside on 12th last Saturday night around 7:30pm. It's very loud and you almost have to yell to talk to someone. Drinks are good, the food is decent, but I could've just ordered the wrong thing. I made mention of the noise level to our waiter, and he recommended coming back during the week in the afternoon. Not sure I'll be back anytime soon though...

My opinion, FWIW.

My g/f and I went yesterday, during the day and it was very cool...almost relaxing, the interior was very eye catching and I thought the food was above average for the price range.

Her and I also went to Two Ten Jack for the first time on Friday and that place was fantastic as well, food/staff/decor were all better than I expected.

My g/f and I went yesterday, during the day and it was very cool...almost relaxing, the interior was very eye catching and I thought the food was above average for the price range.

Her and I also went to Two Ten Jack for the first time on Friday and that place was fantastic as well, food/staff/decor were all better than I expected.

TTJ is fantastic! Anyone who goes MUST try the Brussels Sprouts. They will change your life--even if you typically don't like sprouts. :drool:

What day/time did you go to TTJ?  How long was the wait?

For those of you that like lists, here is Southern Living's top 100 restaurants in the south.  

Nashville is represented by 404 Kitchen, Capital Grille, Catbird Seat, City House, Husk, Lockland Table, Pinewood, and Rolf and Daughters.  Cochon of New Orleans, which is expanding to Nashville,  is also listed here.  

For those of you that like lists, here is Southern Living's top 100 restaurants in the south.  

Nashville is represented by 404 Kitchen, Capital Grille, Catbird Seat, City House, Husk, Lockland Table, Pinewood, and Rolf and Daughters.  Cochon of New Orleans, which is expanding to Nashville,  is also listed here.  

That kinda strikes me as one of those "lists" that is really just an even sampling of restaurants from all over the south, because they don't want any angry reader emails.  haha

• Like 1

Long overdue brick and mortar store for Dozen.  The baker, Claire, is amazing.  Her pies have been at my Thanksgiving table for the past several years.  Cookies are the best in town, hands down:   http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/08/wedgewood-houston-development-fills-final-tenant.html?page=all

I believe that Cochon's sandwich shop 'Butcher' is the only thing that is expanding to Nashville.

Long overdue brick and mortar store for Dozen. The baker, Claire, is amazing. Her pies have been at my Thanksgiving table for the past several years. Cookies are the best in town, hands down: http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/08/wedgewood-houston-development-fills-final-tenant.html?page=all

nice. I get the cookies all the time at crema.

• 3 weeks later...

The Picnic Tap Plans Oct.2 Opening at Farmers' Market

http://nashville.eater.com/archives/2014/09/11/the-picnic-tap-plans-oct2-opening-at-farmers-market.php

This place should be pretty popular, especially with the ballpark going up next door, and the new residential project across the street.

• Like 2

Saw this article on google - Another review of Nashville's smoking hot restaurant scene. This review actually has pictures of the food the reviewers tried. I still need to try a couple of these places for myself.

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2014/09/23/a-taste-of-nashville-via-husk-adeles-rolf-daughters-and-more/#26962-22

• Like 1