Unity Park (New 160 Acre West End Park)

btoy

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Haven't you heard the news? Greenville sucks... :rolleyes:

It's not that Greenville sucks,it's the city of Greenville that sucks.Arogant city officials that have had their seats for decades,and feel that that they are untouchable.The only recourse is the ballot box.Fresh blood is needed for fresh ideas and methods.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

I think the city of Greenville has done a great job. Much better than county, and much better than many other cities.

No argument from me. Yeah..I can be negative sometimes but that’s only because I want this city to further improve on what they have already improved on. This city is already amazing but it can be even better if these proposed projects get built. Continuous improvement. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The city council voted tonight to enter into a lease with The Salvation Army to provide 100 parking spaces on the parcels below.  Much needed, I might add. 

image.png.2d50709d7a6ecc9da235b40aa0974e59.png

Surface parking though, eventually it would nice to at least have a 2 level garage , but maybe the city should look at another "Bookends" type development for this area?

• 2 weeks later...

Indigo Kitchen, LaRue, Kuka Juice, MooHogz BBQ, Luna Pizzeria, and Noodle Night all just announced for the Commons.

The city needs to build a parking garage here very badly. Not sure what the hold up is. And when is the honor tower along with baseball stadium going to start construction? 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

:D See what happens when I complain on the forum:

The City of Greenville is requesting proposals from experienced and qualified planning/design consultants and/or similar professionally qualified consultants to provide comprehensive design and construction administration services for the renovation of Mayberry (baseball) Field at Unity Park. It is anticipated this project will utilize the design disciplines of engineering, architecture, landscape architecture as well as expertise in sports field design and construction. The project includes, but is not limited to, the design of a Little League regulation baseball field including grandstand bleachers, press box, batting cages, dugouts, bullpen, and a concessions stand.

Closing Date/Time:

9/28/2023 2:00 PM

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Indigo Kitchen, LaRue, Kuka Juice, MooHogz BBQ, Luna Pizzeria, and Noodle Night all just announced for the Commons.

The city needs to build a parking garage here very badly. Not sure what the hold up is. And when is the honor tower along with baseball stadium going to start construction? 

Probably going to be more of a "field" than a stadium.  But be patient gman, its all coming...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

No new brewery? BLOCKED!

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Please, no parking garage. That would ruin the entire area. There is still plenty of parking for everyone. The parking area on the west side of the river is almost always empty. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GVLer said:

Why are y’all objecting to a higher density parking garage over a series of surface parking lots? I’m also curious to see how much a baseball diamond is utilized over some other recreational uses. 

A garage would be out of scale within the borders of the park itself. Across Mayberry as part of mixed use project would be appropriate though.  

• Like 3