Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

I do not know why. Although hopefully some entertainment based retail will be within the project. Any announcements on "potential" tenants?

Well, area residents have made it clear that they want a Red Lobster! :)

It won't aim to high-end retail like SPTC and SPFP, but there will certainly be department store anchors, won't there? I mean, they've got over 1 million s/f to fill!

• 3 weeks later...

According to Gilligan's column in today's TD Business section, there's more growth coming.

Short Pump Town Center will be getting a 7-story upscale all-suite hotel next door to Dick's. It will aim for business travelers.

That, I assume, is in addition to the 10 or 12-story Hilton planned just up the road.

According to Gilligan's column in today's TD Business section, there's more growth coming.

Short Pump Town Center will be getting a 7-story upscale all-suite hotel next door to Dick's. It will aim for business travelers.

That, I assume, is in addition to the 10 or 12-story Hilton planned just up the road.

Hey, Burt. What section and page of the TimesDispatch did you say that was on? I cant seem to find it.

On another note, perhaps with this announcement, a Short Pump Development thread should be made :whistling:

Edited by TBurban

It's in the Business section under Gilligan's by-line in a story headlined "Mega Office Furniture Opens a New Spot". And it's the 3rd featured piece in the column. Maybe you should link it. :)

Of course, I can only access the Times Dispatch online, so it will look different in hard copy.

It's in the Business section under Gilligan's by-line in a story headlined "Mega Office Furniture Opens a New Spot". And it's the 3rd featured piece in the column. Maybe you should link it. :)

Of course, I can only access the Times Dispatch online, so it will look different in hard copy.

Thanks, Burt :)

A New Hotel for Short Pump?

Look for a upscale, all-suite hotel catering to business travelers to become part of the Short Pump Town Center.

The seven-story hotel would be built next to the Dick's Sporting Goods store and across the walkway from Baker's Crust Caf

Tommy, I guess Guy, vdogg and Wrldcoupe4 would have to decide about adding Short Pump as a new thread.

I think it sounds fine.

Yeah, just to make a thread in the Richmond Forum. Or maybe one of the mods/editors could change West Broad Village in Short Pump Developments :whistling::D

Short Pump is a mall, right? Do we really need a thread dedicated to the mall? :huh:

Haha, well the general Short Pump area is much bigger than just Short Pump Town Center. New developments in the Short Pump area include;

Pouncey Place, Short Pump Corner, Hickory Park, West Broad Village, Town Center West, and the Short Pump Town Center Hotel. Its pretty big, still a part of Glen Allen, but the general Short Pump area is quite large in population.

Oh ok. I should have known that by now. Well, let me weed through this thread and see how many items we have about Short Pump and see. It may take a few days though.

Dont worry about moving anything if its a bother. I dont mean to take up your time. I could always update West Broad Village to include all the Short Pump developments. If its a big deal, then dont worry about it :thumbsup:

Haha, well the general Short Pump area is much bigger than just Short Pump Town Center. New developments in the Short Pump area include;

Pouncey Place, Short Pump Corner, Hickory Park, West Broad Village, Town Center West, and the Short Pump Town Center Hotel. Its pretty big, still a part of Glen Allen, but the general Short Pump area is quite large in population.

I don't remember Wellesley included even when Short Pump still had the general store.