Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

• 4 weeks later...

Found a pretty nice story today in the RTD but it wasn't online. It was about how theirs gonna be a 7 Story Westin Hotel at the Reynolds Crossing Development. It also had a rendering looked really nice once I get my new scanner hooked up I will show the pic of the rendering. But I tell ya what I went over by their yesterday and it is so different from what i'm used to seeing their. But i'm glad to see it change.

Found a pretty nice story today in the RTD but it wasn't online. It was about how theirs gonna be a 7 Story Westin Hotel at the Reynolds Crossing Development. It also had a rendering looked really nice once I get my new scanner hooked up I will show the pic of the rendering. But I tell ya what I went over by their yesterday and it is so different from what i'm used to seeing their. But i'm glad to see it change.

Thanks for this info Joey, and I hope you can scan and post the rendering.

I think that is one of the sites that Mead Westvaco is considering for its Headquarters Building, but I'm still hoping they will select the Founders Park location next to the Federal Reserve downtown.

Obviously, Richmond's new 7-story Westin Hotel at Reynolds Crossing will be considerably shorter than the one going up at Virginia Beach Town Center. But if we could put all the new hotels planned in the far West End on top of each other, they would dwarf the new one in Hampton Roads. :lol: In the planning stages are the new 12-story Hilton at Town Center West; a new 7-story hotel next to Dick's at SPTC; the new 15-story hotel at West Broad Village and the 7-floor Westin. :)

....wheres this Reynolds Crossing you guys speak of? Isnt it downtown?

Tommy, Reynolds Crossing is near the intersection of Glenside and Broad and I-64. The Phillip Morris Headquarters adjoins the Reynolds property and Genworth Corp and The Sheraton West are across Broad in an office park called Brook-something (can't remember the full name). An Embassy Suites Hotel is also in that immediate area in the southwest quardrant.

Joey could pinpoint it better than I.

Tommy, Reynolds Crossing is near the intersection of Glenside and Broad and I-64. The Phillip Morris Headquarters adjoins the Reynolds property and Genworth Corp and The Sheraton West are across Broad in an office park called Brook-something (can't remember the full name). An Embassy Suites Hotel is also in that immediate area in the southwest quardrant.

Joey could pinpoint it better than I.

Oh ok. I know what youre talking about. Thanks :)

Honestly, I don't think this is one they were pursuing in the first place. I'd bet a dollar they've already chosen their hotel, so I'm not worried.

I don't think Westin thinks along "boutique" lines, but my favorite does in some instances. :)

And you're getting reckless with your exorbitant bet, Coupe. I never go above a quarter.

Edited by burt

I don't think Westin thinks along "boutique" lines, but my favorite does in some instances. :)

And you're getting reckless with your exorbitant bet, Coupe. I never go above a quarter.

Well, what I'm saying is maybe Centennial has already pursued other hotels, or is it the other way around with hotels pursuing Centennial? :blush:

Well, what I'm saying is maybe Centennial has already pursued other hotels, or is it the other way around with hotels pursuing Centennial? :blush:

Shouldn't Centennial be making some announcements soon about its plans? They seem to have been very quiet the last few months. Maybe the condo sales slowdown is changing things. If a hotel is included I wonder if it will occupy the top floors?

And what's with Jefferson Square? Does anybody hear anything about Bowtie's proposals downtown? I'll bet a QUARTER :lol: they are proccupied with Boulevard Square. Is there a date set for opening of their 14-screen Movieland out there near The Diamond?

Edited by burt

Well I know some of you might not like to hear this but i'm glad we haven't heard anything about centennial and I hope it takes even longer because the longer they take the better planned it will be. But I wish the Housing Market would pick back up so that it could get boosted up a notch.

Edited by Downtowner

I now this projects in the west end but still looks like the map has it in Richmond!

-Why can't the centinnial towers get these hotels?

-Because it still doesn't look fully like the plan will go throw and no other hotel has tried to.

My bad western Henrico county, why don't they put up a map of henrico.

I now this projects in the west end but still looks like the map has it in Richmond!

-Why can't the centinnial towers get these hotels?

-Because it still doesn't look fully like the plan will go throw and no other hotel has tried to.

My bad western Henrico county, why don't they put up a map of henrico.

Huh?If I recall coupe said they have a possible hotel in the mix that they aren't talking about it until its concrete. This is like the Norfolk Hilton. They very quite about it and don't let hardly any information out about it.

Edited by rusthebuss

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what good is a drive-thru indoor storage facility? Fairfield Commons Mall has divided up the old Sears building into several storage units with I believe two drive thrus through the building. While it is something to spruce up the dead end of the mall, there's still tons of vacant crumbling parking space! There needs to be something else. Maybe they'll turn them into out parcels and bring in more restaurants as White Oak gets up on its feet.

If Varina is the be the next frontier, does the east end even have a road that could be its equavalent of W. Broad? New Market Rd? Williamsburg Rd? Nine Mile? Charles City Rd or Darbytown? I'd say at least Laburnam has a good headstart. But as far as a straight turnpike, I don't see a Mechanicsville, Midlothian or Broad... Osborne is out of the question, it ends at a sharp almost 90 degree turn and there's a lot of residential developments along it.

You know, to balance Henrico, I can see Elko being the "far" east end's Short Pump. Although the actual Elko is not at a busy crossroads like Short Pump is now, the area has the name kind of like Short Pump and both are where 64 and 295 meet. I think Williamsburg Rd out here would be the main street. But that's years and years off...