Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

BROWN!

Oh and I forgot, I think the miles are measured from mile zero in Capitol Square. It's a neat little stone... I'd like to make a building out of it. If you're coming up 95, there's a sign saying Richmond in 8 miles or whatever. Well the city limits are within a mile of the sign so it's not based on city limits. And I am wintin the 2 mile radius from the Capitol as shown on early Sanborn maps.

BROWN!

Oh and I forgot, I think the miles are measured from mile zero in Capitol Square. It's a neat little stone... I'd like to make a building out of it. If you're coming up 95, there's a sign saying Richmond in 8 miles or whatever. Well the city limits are within a mile of the sign so it's not based on city limits. And I am wintin the 2 mile radius from the Capitol as shown on early Sanborn maps.

Ok, Burt won the bet and now Im down a quarter :D At least you could just give the quarter to Coupe since you already owe him one ;) In the end everybody is even, or made a quarter, and Tommy gets screwed :lol:

Burban, has the extension of North Gayton Road ever been approved? Wasn't it supposed to provide access to the west side of Town Center West and also continue north to an interchange with I-64?

Im not sure about the extension of N. Gayton, but I know that around the Short Pump exit, there is supposed to be that flyover ramp. Ive heard rumors about making an interstate exit specifically for SPTC in the back side of the mall where it backs up to 64. Now that Towne Center West is going up, Im not sure if its going to be able to come through. I know the extension of the John Rolfe Parkway is still a go for WBV though.

As long as they don't touch that beautiful farm at Gayton and Broad. I would have to strangle some people.

I hear ya! My neighbor knows the people that own it. She said they didnt plan on selling it anytime soon. Its a beautiful piece of property. A nice white picket fence, big trees, and a nice countryhouse with a grand front porch. Ive walked the property before, but never took any pictures.

It's time will come unfortunately... I think it's an incredible contrast with what's across the street and just down the road. I wish it could almost be preserved just to show how Short Pump used to be :thumbsup:

It would be nice to be turned into a bed and breakfast :D

It's time will come unfortunately... I think it's an incredible contrast with what's across the street and just down the road. I wish it could almost be preserved just to show how Short Pump used to be :thumbsup:

Nothing's stopping them.

How can you have a "town" or "city" without older buildings like that? Look at downtown Richmond, there are houses and mansions, some from the 1700s. Development doesn't have to overtake anything, but some people get greedy and only see cash.

Gosh, Burban. I didn't realize WBV was THAT rural! :shok:

Will the old farm house have to go?

Thanks for one of our last looks at Short Pump farmland.

Yep, Short Pump has only two remaining houses and farms on Broad Street in the area considered to be Short Pump. One is the one pictured above, which will, yes, have to be demolished for WBV. The other remaining one is the one we were talking about above. That one is across from SPTC and the soon to be Town Center West. Beautiful piece of property (better than the farmland where WBV will be built). Ill see if I can go and get some shots of that sometime this weekend or during the week :thumbsup:

And now its different again, I cant make up my mind :silly:

This avatar looks like the Chesterfield Apartment House on Franklin at Shaffer Streets in the middle of VCU's campus.

Tburban, why do you want to have an avatar so small that no one can figure out what it is? :)

PLEASE! Someone who knows how to "link", rush to timesdispatch.com and post the story about Tree Hill Farm.

"Scenic property to be developed". Tree Hill Farm's 500 acres on the James River off of Osborne Turnpike is to become a legacy development with unexcelled hill-top views of Richmond's skyline.

Henrico County Manager called the development of Tree Hill Farm and the creation of communities at Rocketts Landing and Wilton Farm "an opportunity to set the right tone for the future of eastern Henrico".

So sorry I don't know how to link, gang.

Edited by burt