Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

The Innsbrook Library will officially close its doors on May 8th, of this year. The transfer of its books will follow into the latter weeks of May, continuing into June. The Twin Hickory Library will host its grand opening on July 8th, with a public opening on July 9th.

The Twin Hickory Library

thloy1.png

Features:

• Computer Lab

• Approximately 100 public computers throughout the building

• Drive-thru book return and pick-up window

• Large Public Meeting Room

• Conference Room

• Group Study Rooms

• Dedicated Children's Program Room

• Teen reading area -- area exclusively for teens

[*]Caf

Anybody want to venture a guess who the tenant will be for this big structure? I hope they're not robbing downtown; best scenario would be a headquarters bringing in 1000 employees from Charlotte. :lol:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...sPN=%21business

with all of the Kraft news lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were locating something next to PMUSA.

Could KRAFT be moving from Illinois to be nearer to PMUSA?

Will ALTRIA be far behind? :)

Since Cadmus Communications was recently gobbled up by a Connecticut firm, could they have decided to headquarter at Reynolds Crossings?

There's no end of possibilities in a market as vibrant as Richmond.

Edited by burt

This is an interesting piece that was in The Times Dispatch Business Section last Sunday. It details the work that has been going on at the new Northrop Gruman Corp and Meadowville Technology Park in Chesterfield.

I would like to linger over some of the shots in the accompanying video about Northrop Gruman. Doesn't anyone know how to "pause" while viewing?

Edited by burt

• 2 weeks later...

Suburbia in all its glory, sameness and congestion!

Is this gigantic corner at Lauderdale and West Broad any further along in its progress than West Broad Village and Towne Center West?

The Corner at Short Pump is pretty blah looking IMO. What's to distinguish it from its neighbors?

Haha, I'm getting tired of all this construction traffic. I usually take Broad or Pouncey Tract (depending on where I'm coming from) to get into Short Pump. On Pouncey Tract, it's more homes, retail, a new school and road widening. On Broad, if it's not WBV or TCW it's an accident. The whole highway mess they've got has caused more delays and backup than I had imagined. It's all happening at once!

It is blah, and there's absolutely nothing that distinguishes it from any other development happening out here. They're expecting clearing of the land any day now...but who knows.

Edited by TBurban

If that new suburban crap is where I think it is thats a bad move.. Short Pump SERIOUSLY NEEDS A HOSPITAL!!!! Short Pump needs to build a closer hospital for residents I know they orignally were going to but they need one badly out there. I think this is a bad move with this suburban strip mall.

They have Henrico Doctors on Parham! It's not that far.

Oh I found one of my plans for a Varina Mall... a Town mall without the Center... It's an older layout because I had some horrible out parcel buildings and the final drawing took up two sheets of paper than one and had the stores labeled... including Nordstrom haha, a name I had picked out of a magazine.

Anybody want to venture a guess who the tenant will be for this big structure? I hope they're not robbing downtown; best scenario would be a headquarters bringing in 1000 employees from Charlotte. :lol:

Does anyone know if Henrico approval has been given to fast track this mysterious development at Reynolds Crossing? Do we know who will be the tenant?

Edited by burt

Does anyone know if Henrico approval has been given to fast track this mysterious development at Reynolds Crossing? Do we know who will be the tenant?

I've just learned that yes, Henrico has given approval to fast track construction. Who is the tenant? Someone has suggested it might be Kraft.