GSP International

gvillenative

16 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

May have already been posted somewhere before but I ran across this from the 20 year plan put out in 2021. One video each  showing what the outside and inside could look like, pretty cool.

https://gspairport.sharepoint.com/sites/MarketingCommunications_SPS/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FMarketingCommunications_SPS%2FShared Documents%2FMedia%2FVideos%2FGSP Terminal Area Study&p=true&ga=1

I'm not sure about anyone else but the link is blocked because GSP airport hasn't authorized me to have access via my O365 account. If you can post the media outside of the SharePoint site, that would be awesome. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jarvismj said:

I'm not sure about anyone else but the link is blocked because GSP airport hasn't authorized me to have access via my O365 account. If you can post the media outside of the SharePoint site, that would be awesome. 

3 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Videos in this link: 

https://gspairport.com/terminalstudy/

Thanks Gman. I didn't realize the link didn't work, I actually found those from a search so I probably came in the back door so to speak, but that looks like the same ones.

• Like 1

Heads up that Breeze has a 20% off sale going on right now: https://thepointsguy.com/news/breeze-airways-a220-wifi-new-bern/

“Marking the news, the airline announced a sale offering 20% off all round-trip base fares booked directly with the airline. To apply the discount, use the code "A220" at checkout by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time Wednesday for travel between March 6 and Sept. 3.”

I was able to cancel my LAX flight, rebook it, and save almost $42 from my original fare. Total round trip cost after with travel insurance, carry on, checked bag, wi-fi, priority boarding, and seat selection in nicer class is $484. Southwest the same dates is $546 while Delta is $606. Both are more expensive and neither one is non-stop direct. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

Heads up that Breeze has a 20% off sale going on right now: https://thepointsguy.com/news/breeze-airways-a220-wifi-new-bern/

“Marking the news, the airline announced a sale offering 20% off all round-trip base fares booked directly with the airline. To apply the discount, use the code "A220" at checkout by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time Wednesday for travel between March 6 and Sept. 3.”

I was able to cancel my LAX flight, rebook it, and save almost $42 from my original fare. Total round trip cost after with travel insurance, carry on, checked bag, wi-fi, priority boarding, and seat selection in nicer class is $484. Southwest the same dates is $546 while Delta is $606. Both are more expensive and neither one is non-stop direct. 

You are going expensive. I wouldn't pay for all the extras. Just do the base fare and take the 20% off and you can go for about $220 round trip. Pack light and you can put everything in the personal item (backpack, etc).

36 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

You are going expensive. I wouldn't pay for all the extras. Just do the base fare and take the 20% off and you can go for about $220 round trip. Pack light and you can put everything in the personal item (backpack, etc).

I’m willing to pay to avoid that middle seat. :) Lol. Going hiking at Joshua Tree also so I have some extra equipment I am bringing that won’t fit in my carry on. If I was only going to Los Angeles I definitely would only bring a carry on. 

Both parking garages are almost completely full (97% and 98% currently) and it’s only February. Yeesh. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Man, I wish Breeze was here last April for my WrestleMania trip out there. Had to pay an arm and a leg just on Southwest via CLT (CLT-BNA-LGB [way cheaper than LAX] ) for about $500 something. I think AA and Delta were in the $700s lol. So excited to take them to always go out there to see friends now. 

Some big time changes to note with Breeze due to shifting of aircraft from being MCO based to BDL based. These all start June 14th and honestly look much better overall: 

GSP-LAX shifts from 9:27am-11:19am to 10:00am-11:52am.

LAX-GSP shifts from 12:05pm-7:47pm to 12:39pm-8:19pm.

GSP-BDL shifts from 9:35pm-11:40pm to  8:59pm-11:04pm.

BDL-GSP shifts from 6:40pm-8:55pm to 7:15am-9:15am. Big change there. 

GSP-MCO shifts from 8:27pm-10:02pm to 1:20pm-2:55pm. Big change there.

MCO-GSP shifts from 7:10am-8:42am to 11:08am-12:40pm. 

No changes with PVD or TPA service.

Edited by gman430

Saturday GSP-LGA service with AA will be returning on June 8th with once a day. Sunday-Friday is currently twice a day and will remain there. Compare that to BHM which is completely losing their AA LGA service at the end of April. 

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I thought they did a whole new rental facility a few years back, msybe 10 years or so, I remember people talking about how much better it was?

In 2013 they built/renovated a place in the first parking garage an area for rental car desks, moving them out of the terminal in order to help enable the terminal renovation project. I wasn't here at that time so can't comment on what the terminal rental car area was like. That said, it's still very dated.. I have a feeling it was always a stop gap idea because the dedicated rental car garage/new parking garage has been in the public purview since like at least 2019, pausing for Covid.

Edited by NewlyUpstate
  • Like 1

Both garages were completely full earlier today and are still at over 95% capacity currently. This is in February which is the slowest month for GSP the entire year. Imagine how bad it’s going to be come May and June with all of the new flights, routes, bigger planes, and airlines. :wacko: And to think this new garage won’t be complete for another two years: 

https://greenvillejournal.com/news/greenville-spartanburg-international-airport-breaks-ground-for-new-97m-garage-rental-car-facility/

Edited by gman430

6 hours ago, vicupstate said:

All that money and it has that ugly external spiral??   Yuck. 

I've noticed many new airport parking garages (especially rental car dedicated ones) have the spirals. I imagine there is good reason (obviously space savings is one, also I think it helps control speed and minimizes car/pedestrian interferences)

Check out O'Hare, CLT, Maui, LAX for some examples. The one LAX is building right now is a $1 billion project. 

Edited by NewlyUpstate
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

I've noticed many new airport parking garages (especially rental car dedicated ones) have the spirals. I imagine there is good reason (obviously space savings is one, also I think it helps control speed and minimizes car/pedestrian interferences)

Check out O'Hare, CLT, Maui, LAX for some examples. The one LAX is building right now is a $1 billion project. 

Yea, they've been popular for airport parking design for several years. I believe the reasoning is ease of use for unfamiliar users. Having flat parking levels helps directing rental car patrons to a specific level, and helping folks recall where they parked their car many days before (as opposed to several hours before in a typical daily-use facility). 

• Like 1

186,100 passengers for January which is 12.40% higher than last year’s total of 165,697 and second highest January of all time. Still slightly short of the record January of 2020 which is 192,431.

Southwest to ATL going from two times a day Sunday-Friday to three times a day starting next Thursday March 7th. Southwest to BWI on Sundays increasing from once a day to twice a day starting right after that on Sunday March 10th. 

The GSP Commission agenda for March will be posted this Friday. Meeting is March 4th. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Flights are up 20.8% and seats are up 12.8% for April 2024 compared to April 2023. The two new passenger boarding bridges are slated to be complete in December 2024. 

March agenda packet: 

https://gspairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/GSP-Commission-Package-March-2024-FINAL.pdf

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2023 at 5:31 PM, StrangeCock said:

LOL ... "fallen apart." I live in downtown Portland now ... about 5 blocks away from the brand new 35-story Ritz Carlton that's about to open. I can't even begin to count the 20+ story buildings that are under construction or about to be. There are tower cranes all over town. Sure there are ongoing issues. Parts of town are rough. But the national media's fascination with Portland's downfall is hilarious. They're fixated on some stuff that happened three years ago, and have yet to give up their "Portland is burning" narrative.

Portland is great. I love it. And I also love having the best airport in America and Alaska Airlines.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/major-west-coast-city-state-121120473.html

Yep. Portland is great alright. :rolleyes: Why anybody would willingly want to move there from here is absolutely baffling. 

Edited by gman430