GSP International

gvillenative

On 2/10/2024 at 2:06 AM, rssgvegas said:

I wouldn't go as far as a new airline.  Don't think too big, but something is better than nothing!

:ph34r: Maybe New Orleans with Breeze? It matches your post especially with the “nothing too big” part: 

Edited by gman430

16 minutes ago, gman430 said:

This is so exciting. :D Are you as excited as I am? Look at all of the people posting. The excitement is deafening. This forum has become a damn joke. Oh and we want tower cranes. 

ThisprojectisdeadthanksJoe.  ThisprojectisdeadthanksJoe.  ThisprojectisdeadthanksJoe?

@distortedlogic Here is a better more updated link for the pax traffic you were asking about out of GSP: https://www.patreon.com/posts/gsp-airport-93165035?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_campaign=patron_engagement&utm_source=post_link Notice #1 without service is Boston. 

Looking like Avelo to MHT and ROC tomorrow by the way: https://www.patreon.com/posts/98436684?utm_campaign=postshare_creator

THANKS JOE!!!!  

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to a comment at the bottom of this article, Spirit Airlines was touring the airport a few months ago: https://www.patreon.com/posts/98436684

With tomorrow’s announcement, GSP will now have 25 non-stop direct destinations. Some similar airport comparisons: 

AVL: 26

GSO: 14

CAE: 10

BHM: 18

CHS: 51 

HSV: 14

TYS: 30

LEX: 16

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

Look at the excitement from everybody. :rofl: 

This forum is depressing. :(

To break away from the Grootspeak for a moment (ThisprojectisdeadthanksJoe! ThisprojectisdeadthanksJoe?) it's likely because of the incessant complaining.  Nothing is ever going up in the quantity and at the speed you want, and it's tiresome to see nothing but complaints in here.  This is still far and away the best site to discuss what's getting built in Greenville, and there is still a lot getting built in Greenville.  But because it's not going up in the same quantities and at the same speed as in your SimCity, you'd never know it.  To hear you talk you'd think this was Youngstown or Utica or some hellhole whose population peaked in the 50s.  

Edited by hauntedheadnc
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

According to a comment at the bottom of this article, Spirit Airlines was touring the airport a few months ago: https://www.patreon.com/posts/98436684

With tomorrow’s announcement, GSP will now have 25 non-stop direct destinations. Some similar airport comparisons: 

AVL: 26

GSO: 14

CAE: 10

BHM: 18

CHS: 51 

HSV: 14

TYS: 30

LEX: 16

25 is rather impressive, especially given our proximity to two major airports. I appreciate this being put into perspective! 

• Like 2

I can see ROC being a good route b/c there are a lot of people from that interior area of the NE moving here, especially the Upstate NY/Penn area, with no way to fly there. That route might work well. For the Manchester flight;  I wonder if we are actually starting to get too much service to the NE all the sudden. We went from absolutely nothing a year or so ago to now having HVN, PVD, Hartford, and now MHT. I just hope we can support all those.

Great to new service!

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I can see ROC being a good route b/c there are a lot of people from that interior area of the NE moving here, especially the Upstate NY/Penn area, with no way to fly there. That route might work well. For the Manchester flight;  I wonder if we are actually starting to get too much service to the NE all the sudden. We went from absolutely nothing a year or so ago to now having HVN, PVD, Hartford, and now MHT. I just hope we can support all those.

Great to new service!

Avelo will be flying on different days to Manchester than Breeze will be to Providence. Sunday and Thursday versus Monday and Friday so it actually works out really well. 

Competition is always a good thing also as it causes prices to lower. Basically a turf war. This is why you see three carriers to Minneapolis from Asheville. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see GSP get one of the Lakeland, FL routes when it gets announced so Avelo can compete with Breeze and Allegiant down there.

Isn’t this great @hauntedheadnc? :D 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Avelo will be flying on different days to Manchester than Breeze will be to Providence. Sunday and Thursday versus Monday and Friday so it actually works out really well. 

Competition is always a good thing also as it causes prices to lower. Basically a turf war. This is why you see three carriers to Minneapolis from Asheville. 

Good to know on the dates; that should help keep them both more sustainable. Competition is often a good thing but only to a point. Enough demand has to be there to warrant the competition or both lose money and you may end up with neither.

Just thinking, didn't we have a Pittsburgh flight sometime in the not too distant past?

Edited by distortedlogic

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see GSP get one of the Lakeland, FL routes when it gets announced so Avelo can compete with Breeze and Allegiant down there.

Avelo to MHT and Breeze to PVD are both Fridays and Mondays.  ROC is Thurs and Sun.

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Good to know on the dates; that should help keep them both more sustainable. Competition is often a good thing but only to a point. Enough demand has to be there to warrant the competition or both lose money and you may end up with neither.

Just thinking, didn't we have a Pittsburgh flight sometime in the not too distant past?

GSP had a PIT flight back in the USAir hub days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May have already been posted somewhere before but I ran across this from the 20 year plan put out in 2021. One video each  showing what the outside and inside could look like, pretty cool.

https://gspairport.sharepoint.com/sites/MarketingCommunications_SPS/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FMarketingCommunications_SPS%2FShared Documents%2FMedia%2FVideos%2FGSP Terminal Area Study&p=true&ga=1