GSP International

gvillenative

On 1/26/2024 at 9:25 PM, gman430 said:

Those hoping for JetBlue anytime soon better keep hoping because it doesn’t look like it will be happening: 

https://onemileatatime.com/news/jetblue-employee-opt-out-package/?fbclid=IwAR1679GreehUWfWFZ9hbj3vrcyyT7YYdxg62S8glYnZbZmRd6-YiVP3CY14_aem_Aa-2T2fdQUCMdlVF6OD92zHKkmIypO8lFGE1iSGwiorLS2a-rNdTm9Rf6pyH2x64h8g

By the way, all of the new routes with Breeze are slated to end after Labor Day due to them being seasonal. Could change though of course depending on demand.

With the current state of Jetblue, it's pretty obvious they are slowing things down, but I don't think that would factor in the decision to provide service here or not.  Jetblue would not employ anyone at GSP if they did come here and if they did start service I doubt they would do it without incentives that made the route guaranteed to be economically viable for a certain amount of time.

With Breeze, while all our destinations were mentioned as seasonal, Breeze's flight schedule as a whole is only confirmed until Labor Day.

4 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

With the current state of Jetblue, it's pretty obvious they are slowing things down, but I don't think that would factor in the decision to provide service here or not.  Jetblue would not employ anyone at GSP if they did come here and if they did start service I doubt they would do it without incentives that made the route guaranteed to be economically viable for a certain amount of time.

With Breeze, while all our destinations were mentioned as seasonal, Breeze's flight schedule as a whole is only confirmed until Labor Day.

Fair enough. Maybe some decade we will land them and service to Boston. Tired of these new airlines that only fly twice a week and then cut service after just a few months like Contour, Silver, and Avelo without even giving the market a chance to mature. GSP needs another carrier that actually flies everyday like Southwest and the legacy airlines. 

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Welp…I see Avelo is starting service to Concord and Knoxville. That’s pretty much the nail in the coffin for them at GSP. Oh well. This forum is dead anyways so what does it matter? 

Correct that is why Allegiant flies out of Concord and Knoxville plus has a base in Asheville so they won't fly out of Greenville.  Wait..........

55 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Correct that is why Allegiant flies out of Concord and Knoxville plus has a base in Asheville so they won't fly out of Greenville.  Wait..........

**rant on**

The writing is on the wall. That’s why they cut ILG and MCO without having announced any new routes from GSP. Only a matter of time before they completely cut and run. It will be just like Contour, Silver, and Frontier. You watch. None of the new carriers minus Southwest have survived coming here over the last 15 years. Only flying one route from here and seasonally at that is a joke anyways. Nobody would even notice Avelo is gone luckily due to that.

Breeze will have two or three of their routes cut within six months followed by completely leaving within a year. That is if they don’t go bankrupt first. GSP is a curse when it comes to new airlines. The vast majority of them fail here. I guess people that live and visit here just like flying the legacy carriers. Maybe if GSP ever landed an airline that actually flies everyday of the week to real destinations (JetBlue, Alaska, Air Canada) they wouldn’t have this problem. 

GSP needs to open a few new restaurants and retail stores that end up shutting down a few months later anyways (DC-3, Qdoba, Palmetto Distillery, Vino Volo) just to make themselves feel better about the whole situation. 

And why do these damn airlines continue to try MCO at GSP? Everybody from Southwest to Frontier to Avelo to Silver to now Breeze.
IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! IT FAILS EVERYTIME!!!! STOP IT!!!!

**rant off**

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

GSP is a starting point or destination, they really don't need much in the way of dining options.  I fly in and out all the time and I have maybe grabbed CFA a few times for breakfast. 

Also, Silver is the worst airline I have ever flown, we are better off without them.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 2:33 PM, btoy said:

GSP is a starting point or destination, they really don't need much in the way of dining options.  I fly in and out all the time and I have maybe grabbed CFA a few times for breakfast. 

Also, Silver is the worst airline I have ever flown, we are better off without them.

Food outlets at GSP can get really busy and there is certainly enough support to warrant more.  I think what they need more than anything is more quick options, not anymore sitdowns.  I'd love to grab a sub to take on my flight!

Speaking of food.  Thomas Creek should officially transform into Triumph Taproom sometime around April.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:19 PM, gman430 said:

Welp…I see Avelo is starting service to Concord and Knoxville. That’s pretty much the nail in the coffin for them at GSP. Oh well. This forum is dead anyways so what does it matter? 

This forum make pick up again next week.  Let's say around Tuesday? 👀🤷

• Like 3

Agreed. If CAE can land and support quick bite restaurants like Jersey Mike’s there is NO reason why GSP can’t.

And wait…what??? Another new airline? Or maybe a current one expanding?

By the way, I booked a flight with Breeze to and from LAX from May 24-27 so I am doing my part. :) 

Edited by gman430

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Agreed. If CAE can land and support Jersey Mike’s there is NO reason why GSP can’t.

And wait…what??? Another new airline? Wow. 

By the way, I booked a flight with Breeze to and from LAX from May 24-27 so I am doing my part. :) 

I wouldn't go as far as a new airline.  Don't think too big, but something is better than nothing!

5 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

I wouldn't go as far as a new airline.  Don't think too big, but something is better than nothing!

Gotcha. Is it more than one new route or just one?

I’m going to guess Boston with Delta, Nashville with Southwest, or Las Vegas with Allegiant if it’s only one new route. Hopefully it’s not something stupid like Avelo to Florida. Really hoping it’s an airline that flies everyday also.

Edited by gman430

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

Gotcha. Is it more than one new route or just one?

I’m going to guess Boston with Delta, Nashville with Southwest, or Las Vegas with Allegiant if it’s only one new route. Hopefully it’s not something stupid like Avelo to Florida. Really hoping it’s an airline that flies everyday also.

Disney called; they want more upstate families to spend thousands just to wait in line at their park so they convinced an airline to do another MCO route!

20 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Disney called; they want more upstate families to spend thousands just to wait in line at their park so they convinced an airline to do another MCO route!

LOL. Honestly, I don’t think it’s a Florida route. Delta to Minneapolis is another possibility. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gman430 said:

LOL. Honestly, I don’t think it’s a Florida route. Delta to Minneapolis is another possibility. 

I think one of your guesses will be correct; I'll go with Nashville. Not sure if it's the right time for Boston now with HVN and Providence coming online.  Secondary guess would be another stab at Vegas on Allegiant.

Anyone have a list of the most (however many) popular destinations originating from GSP? I know places like LAX have long been in the top 20 or so. I think Phoenix and Seattle and Boston are in there; just wondering how many of the top 25 or so GSP is still missing.

Edited by distortedlogic

15 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I think one of your guesses will be correct; I'll go with Nashville. Not sure if it's the right time for Boston now with HVN and Providence coming online.  Secondary guess would be another stab at Vegas on Allegiant.

Anyone have a list of the most (however many) popular destinations originating from GSP? I know places like LAX have long been in the top 20 or so. I think Phoenix and Seattle and Boston are in there; just wondering how many of the top 25 or so GSP is still missing.

Could even be United returning to IAD. Lots of possibilities. This is from Q3 2022 but it gives you a good indication: 

https://gspairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/GSP-At-A-Glance-Q3-2022_7.14.22.pdf

Now that we have Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Phoenix are the next two highest on the list GSP does not have non-stop direct service to. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2