GSP International

gvillenative

10 hours ago, gman430 said:

That would make sense with the airport moving fast on adding two new gates. The airport commission meeting is Monday so the announcement might come then. Hopefully it’s somebody that will fly more than twice a week. JetBlue to Boston or Air Canada to Toronto is my hope but my guess would be either Sun Country, Breeze or the return of Frontier. No offense but please don’t let it be Spirit or Contour. Whoever it is, hopefully they actually give the market a chance to mature before dropping routes left and right. I’m looking at you Avelo. 

I was wondering about that too. If this is a big enough announcement to make then expedite adding gates I would think this is a larger airline that intends to stay, and giving them their own gate was probably part of the arrangement. On the other hand, it could just a be a coincidence and they thought now was the right time to add them with the expected growth. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

I was wondering about that too. If this is a big enough announcement to make then expedite adding gates I would think this is a larger airline that intends to stay, and giving them their own gate was probably part of the arrangement. On the other hand, it could just a be a coincidence and they thought now was the right time to add them with the expected growth. :dontknow:

The agenda packet for it which you can read below says it’s for both overall growth and potential new airlines.  And yes the document does say airlines as in more than one. The airport is also installing these new gates so they can delay expanding concourse B even more until the new air traffic control tower gets built. The current one is basically in the way and the new one slated to get built across GSP Drive from the FBO facility won’t be complete until 2028: 

IMG_0766.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Once I in a while, I will get @distortedlogic and turn into a negative @apaladin. It’s almost like I have a @hauntedheadncor something. I still love living in @GvilleSCand have no attention of moving to Charlotte. I am a @gvillenativeafterall. Please don’t ever get me mixed up with the other @gmanthough. :D 

😂😂😂 That was pretty creative.

13 hours ago, gman430 said:

Once I in a while, I will get @distortedlogic and turn into a negative @apaladin. It’s almost like I have a @hauntedheadncor something. I still love living in @GvilleSCand have no attention of moving to Charlotte. I am a @gvillenativeafterall. Please don’t ever get me mixed up with the other @gmanthough. :D 

Hah! A suspiciously upbeat post! Does this mean JetBlue to Boston is coming???

1 hour ago, clemsonfan said:

Hah! A suspiciously upbeat post! Does this mean JetBlue to Boston is coming???

I honestly don’t know who it is. I hope it’s them or Air Canada. My guess is that it’s probably Breeze though. 

Edited by gman430

AA to MIA being increased from once a day to twice a day starting April 4th seven days a week. Same goes with AA to ORD starting on May 6th. Increase in flights and seats for both. 

AA to DFW increasing from three times a day to four times a day starting June 5th seven days a week. Increase in flights and seats.

Two Airbus mainlines getting added to the AA CLT route starting on April 4th. Same number of flights and increase in seats. 

Saturday service to LGA with AA which was completely cut is returning on May 11th with once a day. The other days of the week are all still twice a day. 

June and July are going to be BUSY at GSP. :D 

Edited by gman430

With the good news always comes the bad. Silver pulling out of GSP at the beginning of March. I don’t think Silver is going to be around much longer anyways. Their finances are TERRIBLE: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1490457

I wonder if Breeze is coming in and picking up TPA and MCO to make up for the loss. Wouldn’t surprise me. And yay to more Florida routes. Ugh. 

Edited by gman430

On 1/20/2024 at 1:08 PM, gman430 said:

The agenda packet for it which you can read below says it’s for both overall growth and potential new airlines.  And yes the document does say airlines as in more than one. The airport is also installing these new gates so they can delay expanding concourse B even more until the new air traffic control tower gets built. The current one is basically in the way and the new one slated to get built across GSP Drive from the FBO facility won’t be complete until 2028: 

IMG_0766.jpeg

So the cliff notes version is that they want to add the two additional jet bridges. I can easily see where they would add the one at "A 0.5" which is where the elevator is to the old TSA checkpoint. What I'm trying to understand is how they will do this for "B 4.5" unless they either expand the concourse or the jet bridge is going to be an extra long one with two sections and a connector in the middle. Just looking at Google satellite view shows there is a not insignificant distance between the hard stand and the end of the building. 

In a perfect world I would love to see the actual concourse extended out but unfortunately I think we just have to wait and see. 

Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport - Google Maps 2024-01-21 20-32-24.png

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

With the good news always comes the bad. Silver pulling out of GSP at the beginning of March. I don’t think Silver is going to be around much longer anyways. Their finances are TERRIBLE: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1490457

I wonder if Breeze is coming in and picking up TPA and MCO to make up for the loss. Wouldn’t surprise me. And yay to more Florida routes. Ugh. 

I hate for us to lose any service but I guess silver would be the easiest to lose and  to replace. If so, I guess it makes sense to get more FL service to make up for it but it would be disappointing if that's all we get.

Still don't know what to think about Breeze. They have been up and down and pulled a lot of routes but still have a lot out of Charleston. If it is them, maybe they woke up and realized GSP has been right in front of them?

3 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I hate for us to lose any service but I guess silver would be the easiest to lose and  to replace. If so, I guess it makes sense to get more FL service to make up for it but it would be disappointing if that's all we get.

Still don't know what to think about Breeze. They have been up and down and pulled a lot of routes but still have a lot out of Charleston. If it is them, maybe they woke up and realized GSP has been right in front of them?

I mean they could add LAS also but I doubt that’s going to happen. My guess is that it’s Breeze and they will only add TPA and MCO (I’m sure that’s what @rssgvegasis hearing) with MCO being cut after six months. I have seen this rodeo already several times before so I know exactly what to expect. Don’t understand why these airlines continue to think MCO out of GSP can work when it never has previously. Most people drive to Orlando from here. Either that or they fly Allegiant to SFB.

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

I mean they could add LAS and BNA also but I doubt that’s going to happen. My guess is that it’s Breeze and they will only add TPA and MCO (I’m sure that’s what @rssgvegasis hearing) with MCO being cut after six months. I have seen this rodeo already several times before so I know exactly what to expect. Don’t understand why these airlines continue to think MCO out of GSP can work when it never has previously. Most people drive to Orlando from here. Either that or they fly Allegiant to SFB.

We'll see but that would be disappointing to me at least. It would also mean there isn't likely a connection with them and the expedited gates unless it was a condition to get them here. The one positive with that scenario might be that Breeze could expand later on with more destinations,  especially if they have their own gate. Definitely interested to see what it is, still lots of possibilities. 

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

We'll see but that would be disappointing to me at least. It would also mean there isn't likely a connection with them and the expedited gates unless it was a condition to get them here. The one positive with that scenario might be that Breeze could expand later on with more destinations,  especially if they have their own gate. Definitely interested to see what it is, still lots of possibilities. 

Silver pulling out of SAV also so GSP is not alone. 

It’s gonna be just like Avelo sadly. It’s not gonna be Frontier to Las Vegas/Denver, Alaska to Seattle, Sun Country to Minneapolis, Air Canada to Toronto, JetBlue to Boston, or Spirit to the Seventh Circle of Hell. I know exactly how it works with GSP which I have seen time and time again for the last few years. It’s all about Florida, Florida, Florida. It will be Breeze to only MCO and TPA with nothing else. Talk about depressing especially with the fact that it’s just replacing current service and destinations. @rssgvegasknows I am right too which is why he hasn’t posted anything. :( 

Edited by gman430

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

Silver pulling out of SAV also so GSP is not alone. 

It’s gonna be just like Avelo sadly. It’s not gonna be Frontier to Las Vegas/Denver, Alaska to Seattle, Sun Country to Minneapolis, Air Canada to Toronto, JetBlue to Boston, or Spirit to the Seventh Circle of Hell. I know exactly how it works with GSP which I have seen time and time again for the last few years. It’s all about Florida, Florida, Florida. It will be Breeze to only MCO and TPA with nothing else. Talk about depressing especially with the fact that it’s just replacing current service and destinations. @rssgvegasknows I am right too which is why he hasn’t posted anything. :( 

This project, by which I mean the entirety of Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, is dead.  Thanks, Joe! 

I think it's safe to say that it's the exposure to Greenville, the city where dreams go to die, and its airport that proved so toxic to Avelo that the very airline itself is in jeopardy. Let that be a lesson, airlines! Greenville is a toxin in your very blood!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, hauntedheadnc said:

This project, by which I mean the entirety of Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, is dead.  Thanks, Joe! 

I think it's safe to say that it's the exposure to Greenville, the city where dreams go to die, and its airport that proved so toxic to Avelo that the very airline itself is in jeopardy. Let that be a lesson, airlines! Greenville is a toxin in your very blood!

I knew you’d finally agree with me. :D We can carpool together from now on to the Atlanta airport.  

GSP tables automated shuttle project until March meeting: 

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/business/greenville-spartanburg-airport-automated-shuttle/article_38760f5e-b949-11ee-957f-f340ab9bae53.html/?tpcc=gvsocial&fbclid=IwAR2Yh_fbz8A19kIKJBl1I5Phwid6uiG8qPJnaT9HenPsWWvMXkjXiRiNrUI

Edited by gman430

9 minutes ago, GVLer said:

Hopefully a "real" airline.  I have zero interest in these fledgling airlines with no staying power. 

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure it’s going to be Breeze. It’s obviously not Air Canada with five new destinations and JetBlue is struggling right now: 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/01/19/jetblue-to-cut-some-routes-after-judge-bars-spirit-purchase.html

And Alaska doesn’t really have a big enough network on the East coast to warrant coming to GSP. Everybody else that isn’t already at GSP is like Breeze and only flies twice a week on average. 

Edited by gman430