New Greenville developments

gs3

^^^There is a Pazdan-Smith along with a Harper Corp. sign in front of the soup kitchen on Academy Street near West End Field and the Kroc Center site. Anybody know what's happening to this? Seems nice they're finally going to do something with it to make it better.

Edited by g-man430

OK I didn't know, I was curious because all of the buildings that belong to

Town Gate LLC, are now vacant.

I'm really hoping something nice happens to this corner at Stone and Main. I live a few blocks away and pass this eyesore daily. On Tuesday I noticed one of those PODS containers at the vacant lot next to the old gas station...but it came and went. What a great spot for a Bloom, Publix, Trader Joes, etc.! I tired of having to go to the Bi-Lo on Pleasantburg or Ingles at Cherrydale. We need a full service grocery store in this area. :thumbsup:

^^^There is a Pazdan-Smith along with a Harper Corp. sign in front of the soup kitchen on Academy Street near West End Field and the Kroc Center site. Anybody know what's happening to this? Seems nice they're finally going to do something with it to make it better.

That soup kitchen is expanding their chef school I believe. It's on the Pazdan-Smith Group Website.

That soup kitchen is expanding their chef school I believe. It's on the Pazdan-Smith Group Website.

If you're talking about Project Host Soup Kitchen, I used to volunteer there. They do a great work. There were many times when we would make lunches for 200 people, and they would be gone in 10-15 minutes. Very humbling experience...

But anyway, it is well-supported by Hands on Greenville and receives donations from area grocery stores. I am glad to hear that they are expanding things there!

If you're talking about Project Host Soup Kitchen, I used to volunteer there. They do a great work. There were many times when we would make lunches for 200 people, and they would be gone in 10-15 minutes. Very humbling experience...

But anyway, it is well-supported by Hands on Greenville and receives donations from area grocery stores. I am glad to hear that they are expanding things there!

Greenville- You are correct, this organization does great work.My wife and

I decided years ago that if our business was ever successful that we would

give back to the community the best way we could . Project Host is one of

the organizations we give to regally.

BTW, For two years of my life, if it weren't for places like Project Host I would not

be here writing this.

Edited by maninthepark

Looking at this site plan, it looks like another hotel could be coming to Greenville. This one will be located between Woods Lake Road and I-385 right before the Haywood Road exit heading southbound on I-385: http://www.choldings.com/Marketing%20Packa...oodsLakePkg.pdf

Edited by g-man430

^^^There are also hotels planned for Crescent Place, Magnolia Park Town Center, Easley Town Center, The Point, Carolina First Center, downtown, and other places too. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone heard which restaurants are going in at the old Greenville Mall? Specifically The Cheesecake Factory. Rumor is they are leasing space.

I'm really hoping something nice happens to this corner at Stone and Main. I live a few blocks away and pass this eyesore daily. On Tuesday I noticed one of those PODS containers at the vacant lot next to the old gas station...but it came and went. What a great spot for a Bloom, Publix, Trader Joes, etc.! I tired of having to go to the Bi-Lo on Pleasantburg or Ingles at Cherrydale. We need a full service grocery store in this area. :thumbsup:

I've been noticing a little more action at the vacant lot located at Stone and Main. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on here? :dontknow:

The DPC Agenda for yesterdays meeting contained mainly residential items with a couple of exceptions.

The sculpture installation at riverplace ( I am assuming this is the bell installation)

And listed in the Preliminary Comments:

Corner of E.Court Street and south main street - A request for preliminary comments on a new mixed-use nine story building.

This is the intersection were city hall is located with Sobe's across the street, is this a new project we have not discussed?

And listed in the Preliminary Comments:

Corner of E.Court Street and south main street - A request for preliminary comments on a new mixed-use nine story building.

This is the intersection were city hall is located with Sobe's across the street, is this a new project we have not discussed?

Well the City Hall project is on the WEST St. Court side and it is 7 stories, so I would assume it would have to be a new project. It must be the parking lot between the Vardry McBee statute and the Kent Court building [Deveraux's (sp?)]

Sounds exciting. Where you at the meeting? Were any drawings or renderings shown ?

Couldn't this be across from the Westin Poinsett where the old Kimbrells building is, on the other side of the Liberty Building? If so I wondered if it passed the DPC seeing as how they say that building is "architecturally signifigant". If I'm not mistaken the new city hall development site would border South Main and Broad streets.

Couldn't this be across from the Westin Poinsett where the old Kimbrells building is, on the other side of the Liberty Building? If so I wondered if it passed the DPC seeing as how they say that building is "architecturally signifigant". If I'm not mistaken the new city hall development site would border South Main and Broad streets.

If it were Kimbrells, it would have to be set back for Main by at least 35 feet to meet the height restriction. Also that is more in the middle of the blocknot on the corner, but maybe Court and main was a general reference. Who knows.

I thought about it after I posted this. If a building where to go there and have to be 35 feet off main street to have the height then that building would have to have a pretty small footprint considering the Peacock Hotel & Spa is going up right behind that site. So I"m not really sure if I think it's that corner now. I'll have to drive by today to get a better idea of what we're talking about here.