New Greenville developments

gs3

I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not, but a new clothing and jewelry store called Go Fish, which will be located at 612 S. Main Street across from Falls Park will be opening soon. Here is their website: http://www.gofishgreenville.com/

I remember seeing their sign now and I meant to say something. Thanks for the website, I was curious as to the nature of the store. It's certainly a market that doesn't currently exist downtown. I hope they do well.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not, but a new clothing and jewelry store called Go Fish, which will be located at 612 S. Main Street across from Falls Park will be opening soon. Here is their website: http://www.gofishgreenville.com/

This is cool. I was not familiar with Go Fish, aside from its brief mention on this website. I have since learned several things:

- Go Fish is a franchise, with locations in various cities in the U.S. including Dallas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Charleston, Hilton Head, and Savannah.

- They sell hand-made bags, jewelry, belts, footwear, mirrors, and headwear

- The chain was created in order to benefit talented people in poor countries overseas. They make their goods, and Go Fish uses the proceeds to help these people improve their lives. To them, it's a ministry of helping others - and I like that.

I have no idea whether this store will do well in downtown Greenville. I assume they are expecting big things, given the high rent they must be paying in that location in the West End.

A sign is up at the future location of Collins Corner on the corner of South Pleasantburg and Cleveland Streets. Here's the sign. The rendering looks pretty nice:

100_2670.jpg

Like that this will be multi level. Good looking. :thumbsup:

Pleasantburg is making its way back. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see a site plan in order to get a feel for how it will address the streets. The parcel of land is tiny. The black on the rendering looks like it COULD be the street. I wonder if this will be an urban set up, but at the same time, there's nowhere else for parking anyway...

Just what downtown needs. Another trinkety crap store.

Just what downtown need then? I'll take an occupied storefront of any kind rather than a vacant one. If the demand for another "trinkety crap store" is there, then they'll stay in business, if not, then they'll make room for another store of some kind. :)

This is cool. I was not familiar with Go Fish, aside from its brief mention on this website. I have since learned several things:

- Go Fish is a franchise, with locations in various cities in the U.S. including Dallas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Charleston, Hilton Head, and Savannah.

- They sell hand-made bags, jewelry, belts, footwear, mirrors, and headwear

- The chain was created in order to benefit talented people in poor countries overseas. They make their goods, and Go Fish uses the proceeds to help these people improve their lives. To them, it's a ministry of helping others - and I like that.

I have no idea whether this store will do well in downtown Greenville. I assume they are expecting big things, given the high rent they must be paying in that location in the West End.

This reminds me somewhat of Ten Thousand Villages, without the emphasis on Christianity, perhaps.

Just what downtown need then? I'll take an occupied storefront of any kind rather than a vacant one. If the demand for another "trinkety crap store" is there, then they'll stay in business, if not, then they'll make room for another store of some kind. :)

I agree, given the fact four retail units have closed in just one block of Main (and the best block - Mast General). I'm glad to see ANY retail come in.

Different strokes for different folks, give it a chance.

Like that this will be multi level. Good looking. :thumbsup:

Pleasantburg is making its way back. :thumbsup:

I drove by this today. It does look like a neat looking project. I wonder if they have any tenants lined up already. I would assume a restaurant is one.

This reminds me somewhat of Ten Thousand Villages, without the emphasis on Christianity, perhaps.

Thank you I had been trying to remember the name of Ten Thousand Villages as I thought the exact same thing but I didnt' want to look incredibly stupid and say "it sounds like the store in lewis plaza that i can't think of the name of" :)

Wasn't me, I do not know anything about this project.

that was probably me.....we did those signs...these are the only renderings i've seen and as far as i know Port City Java is the only tenant announced. I would like to see what else will go in and what effect it may have on the neighboring Morgan Manor, which is in dire need of some sort of updating.

that was probably me.....we did those signs...these are the only renderings i've seen and as far as i know Port City Java is the only tenant announced. I would like to see what else will go in and what effect it may have on the neighboring Morgan Manor, which is in dire need of some sort of updating.

I would love to see something happen with their other neighbor....Astro I & II. :thumbsup:

Sounds like more sprawl and more destruction of forests in the mountains that are home to black bears to me.

I dunno about that, man. Sprawl is what you've got on the east side and in Simpsonville/Mauldin with street after street of homes shoved onto .25 (or smaller) acre lots and tons of shopping centers to cater to all of the residents. This sounds to me as though it will leave very little of a footprint on its surroundings...it sounds more like a resort and small community nestled into the mountains. Those really aren't the same thing in my mind. Granted, the cyclists/joggers may have to look out for the black bears. :whistling: