New Greenville developments

gs3

I did not know we were getting a Presbyterian theological seminary. That's pretty cool! These renderings look nice as well. :thumbsup:

GPTS has been in Greenville since 1988. At first they were in rented space off of Augusta Road, then they moved to Taylors down the street from their new location some years back.

They have been attempting to renovate the old Taylors School, through fund raising, etc, for over 5 years now. Glad they are getting off the ground. The idea is to share part of the facility with other community groups that might want to use it on a rental basis as well.

Erskine Seminary, the seminary of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Synod, while in Due West, does have some classes in Greenville's downtown, at their demoniational headquarters.

There is a small group that runs a Geneva Reformed Seminary off of Haywood Road, but that's probably more than you wanted to know about Presbyterian higher ed. in Greenville.

GPTS has been in Greenville since 1988. At first they were in rented space off of Augusta Road, then they moved to Taylors down the street from their new location some years back.

They have been attempting to renovate the old Taylors School, through fund raising, etc, for over 5 years now. Glad they are getting off the ground. The idea is to share part of the facility with other community groups that might want to use it on a rental basis as well.

Erskine Seminary, the seminary of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Synod, while in Due West, does have some classes in Greenville's downtown, at their demoniational headquarters.

There is a small group that runs a Geneva Reformed Seminary off of Haywood Road, but that's probably more than you wanted to know about Presbyterian higher ed. in Greenville.

I grew up in the Presbyterian church, so it is interesting info to me. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. :thumbsup:

An article in today's Greenville News talks about a new joint venture between the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce and the Greenville Area Development Corporation. This new program would focus specifically on keeping local company expansions here, instead of moving elsewhere. It is designed to provide enough important information about this area ahead of a company's decision to look at other places to grow. Read more.

An article in today's Greenville News talks about a new joint venture between the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce and the Greenville Area Development Corporation. This new program would focus specifically on keeping local company expansions here, instead of moving elsewhere. It is designed to provide enough important information about this area ahead of a company's decision to look at other places to grow. Read more.

This sounds like a great idea, I hope they can come up with funding.

Has anyone heard anything about the former Winn-Dixie warehouse on Wade Hampton? I was really hoping someone would buy it, rip it down, and put somethng nice there.

But within the last week, they have re-sealed the pavement and painted all of the concrete foundations. What's the deal? It seems odd that they would spend the time or money on a crappy old building unless they were planning on something else moving in...which would be a shame. Just tear the eyesore down and start over!

Has anyone heard anything about the former Winn-Dixie warehouse on Wade Hampton? I was really hoping someone would buy it, rip it down, and put somethng nice there.

But within the last week, they have re-sealed the pavement and painted all of the concrete foundations. What's the deal? It seems odd that they would spend the time or money on a crappy old building unless they were planning on something else moving in...which would be a shame. Just tear the eyesore down and start over!

It was sold to a company in California during the late summer. That company has a history of taking former industrial sites and converting into retail/residential. That is there plan.

But after it was sold it was put back on the market again.

:yahoo:

Man, am I glad that building is coming down. It is just south of the Stone Ave intersection, across from the Funeral Home.

I can't see this being a high-rise site, too removed from the CBD. It would be an awesome site for a mixed-use project anchored by a grocery store (Bloom, Trader Joe's, even a new Bi-Lo) though. Add in some residential of course!

As has already been stated, I hope the gas station is next.

Nearly all of that block from all the vacant land all the way to Stone and over to the next street are in his estate. I'm sure someone could post a GPS map. I think the 1920's nicely-renovated house-turn-office that faces Stone is NOT in the estate though.

So any development on his "estate" is likely to have a significant impact on North Main, assuming that all of the buildings on the property are torn down. Yes?

Is this close to where the Robert Jones Pianos building is?

So any development on his "estate" is likely to have a significant impact on North Main, assuming that all of the buildings on the property are torn down. Yes?

Is this close to where the Robert Jones Pianos building is?

Yes and Yes. The Jones Piano building is just south (same side of North Main) as the Collins estate. If memory serves, ther is some sort of office building with some SC government tenents between the Jones Building and the Collins Estate land.

btoy, I'm just curious, I was looking at the tax maps for this property,and it looks like it all

belongs to, Town Gate LLC. My question is,is this a new name for Collins Property's LLC or a

company set up to develop this parcel of land?

I also noticed that the old house/office and the S.C. Hwy Dept. building on N.Main were

not owned by Collins Property's, but were purchased by Town Gate LLC.

Just curious, Thank's!

The property is being re-tenanted for industrial purposes. That doesn't exclude retail in the future, but there are no plans for it.

Edited by breed

It doesn't surprise me that ownership has changed, it is possible that it has been sold or that the ownership has changed for estate purposes. Also, I think Jerry Saad has office in one of the buildings on the property.

OK I didn't know, I was curious because all of the buildings that belong to

Town Gate LLC, are now vacant.