New Greenville developments

gs3

Yes indeed. It already has nice mid-rise density another one would be welcomed with open arms, by me at least. No matter which corner :P

Any new mid-to-high-rise building in that block will definitely add to the growing density. I hope (as always) that this building will be designed with careful architectural detail. Can't wait to see the plans in person! :)

As for its exact location, I would have to guess that it will go onto the lot next to Bellacino's, which is across East Court Street from the Liberty Building. That would really add density. There really are no other alternatives that I can see, unless they take out the awesome little plaza next to The Carpenter's Cellar - which would obviously be a tragedy. The fact that E. Court Street was mentioned before South Main Street is probably critical in deciphering its main entrance.

Sounds exciting. Where you at the meeting? Were any drawings or renderings shown ?

No I was not at the meeting, and have seen no drawings but I was at city hall today and have a little more info:

They submitted no plans but just showed some preliminary elevations and site plans for input from the DPC.

I was told the DPC was positive about the preliminary stuff.

The city owns the court yard that contains the Vardry McBee statue, but the lot behind it sold on 10/23/06 for $950,000.00.

So my guess is this is the location we are talking about.

No I was not at the meeting, and have seen no drawings but I was at city hall today and have a little more info:

They submitted no plans but just showed some preliminary elevations and site plans for input from the DPC.

The city owns the court yard that contains the Vardry McBee statue, but the lot behind it sold on 10/23/06 for $950,000.00.

Well, if they showed elevations, someone should be able to fill us in on the building's design. Anyone?

Very interesting. Thanks for the scoop. I'm sure we will hear more about it in the coming months. It would be great to get yet another mid-rise going up in that area.

Hopefully, a rendering or drawing of the Shealy Electrical project will makes it way on here too.

Anyone know anything else about the parking lot beside the hot dog king? I know the 14 story building died here a year or two ago, but I seem to remember hearing other developers were looing at the site...

Most likely there are developers looking at the site to build something, but I haven't heard anything about it since the last proposal died that you're talking about.

Edited by g-man430

I believe Michelin will be opening a retail store specifically for Michelin branded products, concentrating on their guidebooks and related travel items. (May also sell their toys, clothing, sporting goods, etc.) Very unique store and great news for downtown. If Michelin has any of these in North America, they only have 3 or 4.

I believe Michelin will be opening a retail store specifically for Michelin branded products, concentrating on their guidebooks and related travel items. (May also sell their toys, clothing, sporting goods, etc.) Very unique store and great news for downtown. If Michelin has any of these in North America, they only have 3 or 4.

Hmmm.... wonder if the Map Shop people may have gotten a good deal.

This sounds very interesting and exciting! I have not been in town much lately, so I have missed out on many great photo opportunities.

This is also interesting as I was just thinking last week about the possibility of Michelin should have a visitor center with virtual tours of their products from start to finish, among other things. Included in those "other things," I envisioned a possible theme park incorporating the various elements of the automotive industry located here in the Upstate.

Based on the article, it seems that this will be located in or around Riverplace. I don't think The Map Shop's old location is involved. Perhaps this will be a store, but I wonder if it could be something else since the article refers to it as a "project." Why would they make a formal announcement at 10:00 AM tomorrow if they are simply opening a store to sell merchandise?

This is nice and all, BUT all it will do is drive more people down to the West End and less up towards the Hyatt. Why didn't they move into one of the many store fronts for sale along Main St. towards Beattie Place/College Street? It's also not a tower like I was hoping for. Still sounds awesome though.

I just thought of something. What if in the future, this becomes one of those stores every city wants like Bass Pro Shops, Apple, and Cheesecake Factory? Hmmm....interesting.

Edited by Spartan