New Greenville developments

gs3

Just because a development isn't in the urban core doesn't automatically make it sprawl. From what I read, it sounds as if this will be a stellar development all the way around; I especially liked the part about making the homes available for all income levels. I also liked that he wants to make sure that the development will benefit the city of Greenville and South Carolina as much as possible. This will be a great boost to Greenville's new tourism strategy and may even cause such tourists to consider moving.

Just because a development isn't in the urban core doesn't automatically make it sprawl. From what I read, it sounds as if this will be a stellar development all the way around; I especially liked the part about making the homes available for all income levels. I also liked that he wants to make sure that the development will benefit the city of Greenville and South Carolina as much as possible. This will be a great boost to Greenville's new tourism strategy and may even cause such tourists to consider moving.

...and that's why I pleaded the fifth. This sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread. :lol:

It's one thing to say it, it's another thing to actually do it.

Most likely the last part of the statement has been left out so it sounds better.

Housing will be available for all income levels (above $150K per year; it will, however, not be available for incomes levels lower than that, because we certainly cannot have the hired help moving into our upscale gated community).

In all seriousness, I am kind of glad to see something other than a golf course community.

So I thought I would look at the agendas for upcoming City of Greenville Meetings.

So I am looking at this one.

I was suprised to see this on there.

A request by River Street Properties, LLC to construct a new 61,000 square-foot mixed-use building and parking structure at 27 River Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

Anyone know what this is? Is that the Shealy Electric site?

So I thought I would look at the agendas for upcoming City of Greenville Meetings.

So I am looking at this one.

I was suprised to see this on there.

A request by River Street Properties, LLC to construct a new 61,000 square-foot mixed-use building and parking structure at 27 River Street in the Central Business District, Pedestrian Zone.

Anyone know what this is? Is that the Shealy Electric site?

It is, but the address of that corner is (or was) 25 River Street, not 27. Both 15 River Street and 25 River Street are owned by River Street Properties, LLC. Maybe the two properties are being merged into one and it's being re-numbered to 27 River Street? :unsure:

Edited by RestedTraveler

Either way, a 61,000 square foot building there would definitely make a sizeable impact. I thought we had heard of this before though?

I don't recall hearing anything about what was going here previously; however, you are quite correct sir...61,000 sq. ft. on that combined parcel would be quite tall, especially if a parking deck were part of it and not included in the square footage. I'd guess 6-7 floors at least?

:yahoo: THAT site! Thanks! This sounds fantastic. I love the West End and its growth :wub:

I hope this happens!!!

Me too, yet at the same time I hate what's happening on North Main with all of the store fronts that have gone and are going to go empty. I walked all the way to Beattie along North Main on both sides of the street today and looked at all of the stores that have closed (and opened). ( :offtopic: Carolina Chocolates is pretty good by the way - I recommend the dark chocolate cashew bark). I fear there's not enough air in the balloon to fill both ends at this point in time. I know this will change sooner rather than later, but it's just sad to see one end of Main thriving while the other is going through a transition period. :cry:

At least Borders or Barnes and Noble will most likely be coming to that part of downtown soon. That should help bring back some life to that area. :)

Do you know this for sure? I'd like to think this will happen. We could use a shot in the arm on that end of Main from a national destination chain such as these.

The city of Greenville is currently trying to get a Border's bookstore to locate at the Woolworth stie in downtown Greenville as part of the redevelopment project there. Negotiations are on going and we could hear about an annoucement in the next few months. This isn't totally set in stone yet, so it could change.

Edited by g-man430

I must have missed the news on that one while I've been out of town. Thanks.

There wasn't really any news on it, except for a tidbit in the TBA section of the Greenville Journal. My info is from a person that is with the city of Greenville. I'll email her again tomorrow asking when something might be announced and if the project will consist of anything else.

Edited by g-man430

There wasn't really any news on it, except for a tidbit in the TBA section of the Greenville Journal. My info is from a person that is with the city of Greenville. I'll email her again tomorrow asking when something might be announced and if the project will consist of anything else.

You must be corresponding with Nancy?

The city of Greenville is currently trying to get a Border's bookstore to locate at the Woolworth stie in downtown Greenville as part of the redevelopment project there. Negotiations are on going and we could hear about an annoucement in the next few months. This isn't totally set in stone yet, so it could change.

I posted my desire for a Borders in the old Woolworth's building well over a year ago. If that actually happens, I should get a medal or something. :lol: