New Greenville developments

gs3

A nice addition indeed. Across the street, the building at 125 Main that was been an attorney's office, has a 'For Lease' sign on it. It is long past the time that retail went in that spot. Hopefully, it will lease up soon.

Speaking of that area, the city needs to get going with the rehab plans for Piazza Bergamo again. We have waited long enough. Where is that going?

Speaking of that area, the city needs to get going with the rehab plans for Piazza Bergamo again. We have waited long enough. Where is that going?

My guess is that any delay we're seeing with Piazza Bergamo is directly related to what's being done with the development of the rest of the block between the Piazza and West Washington Street.

I called Access Realty today and asked about the Tower at Falls and Broad. The guy told me that it is still up in the air but was not dead by no means. I wonder if this is true or if its really dead? I would love to see the 350 footer get built but i dont know if it will or not. I want to see some big cranes up before long. I think we all do!!!!! Pinnacle, Camperdown, Peacock will probably all get built and maybe that will add to the market in downtown a little bit so that the Tower at falls and broad can get built. Would love to see something taller than the daniel building. Go on emporis and look at the new RBC Futura building they are going to build in Raleigh. That building is going to be 538 ft tall, and has this lovely outerblue colored exterior.

I called Access Realty today and asked about the Tower at Falls and Broad. The guy told me that it is still up in the air but was not dead by no means. I wonder if this is true or if its really dead? I would love to see the 350 footer get built but i dont know if it will or not. I want to see some big cranes up before long. I think we all do!!!!! Pinnacle, Camperdown, Peacock will probably all get built and maybe that will add to the market in downtown a little bit so that the Tower at falls and broad can get built. Would love to see something taller than the daniel building. Go on emporis and look at the new RBC Futura building they are going to build in Raleigh. That building is going to be 538 ft tall, and has this lovely outerblue colored exterior.

That is very interesting news indeed, because we had heard that it was dead (not from anyone directly involved, though). The fact that it is "still up in the air" is encouraging, although I will be surprised if this project comes to fruition. Hey, it gives us something else to not hold our breaths on, right? ;)

Rezoning signs are up at the Winn Dixie Distrobution Center, checked the Greenville Planning Web Site and a C-3 Zoning is being requested. Sounds like a shopping center is coming.

Also, the Wade Hampton Baseball Practive Fields have rezoning signs on them as well, there are near the distrocenter on Warehouse Ct.

Rezoning signs are up at the Winn Dixie Distrobution Center, checked the Greenville Planning Web Site and a C-3 Zoning is being requested. Sounds like a shopping center is coming.

Also, the Wade Hampton Baseball Practive Fields have rezoning signs on them as well, there are near the distrocenter on Warehouse Ct.

Good news on the Winn Dixie Center. I would like to see something happen there.

SC Steel owns the practice fields. They want to expand their business on this property from what I was told.

Read this form a few months back TAFAB. See post #7 :(

• 3 weeks later...

The Greenville Planning Commission is expected to change the zoning of the land where the proposed shopping center is going at the intersection of Garlington and Pelham Roads from services to commercial on October 16 at 6:30pm. The rezoning request can be seen here: http://www.greenvilleplanning.com/land_dev...ing%20Cases.htm

-Also, I have received word from the Shopping Center Group that construction on the proposed shopping center at the Saco Lowell site is expected to begin in early 2007 or maybe even before that. This is great news as i'm moving into a new house later this month that is located less than 2 miles from that site. :thumbsup:

Edited by cdude9409