Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

They are rentals, and very cheap from what I saw. But I guess that is because of the location? Some info I found on them.

The Lofts feature:

• Seasoned Hardwood Floors; 10 foot to 14 foot ceilings; Exposed Ductwork; Refrigerator / Stove; Keyless Door Entry to Building
  • Leasing Information: Monthly Rent Begins at $675; Minimum 6 Month Lease

Some better pics of the interior that show the ceiling.

http://www.508lofts.net/pic.html

Pricing goes anywhere from $675 for 600 sf. to $1000 for 1250 sf 2 bedroom

Village Green Apartments in Green Hills is looking to add another 4 story building and a 2 story parking structure to their complex. I had to wait to give this to you as I ran across it the other day and wanted WW to get in the Post. It is behind pay wall right now and will be available in a few days. I think it is an addition of like 47 units.

Mlbrumby,

It's very common and has absolutely zero to do with the election.

Whew! Hope you're right. I think I like this project very much.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the location of the old Mrs. Winners chicken? I thought Churche's Chicken/White Castle were further down West End next to the interstate.

Looking at Google SV, it is a Mrs. Winners.

Village Green Apartments in Green Hills is looking to add another 4 story building and a 2 story parking structure to their complex. I had to wait to give this to you as I ran across it the other day and wanted WW to get in the Post. It is behind pay wall right now and will be available in a few days. I think it is an addition of like 47 units.

I'm pretty sure that this is the one that went before the Planning Commission and then had a public hearing before the metro council in August or September. I happened to be there for another issue. It was pretty interesting: the developers were requesting a density variance and pointed out to the metro council that they had people moving into the building while relocating from Chicago and other places and that some of those folks walked everywhere. (They can walk to the mall, the YMCA, and other places from this building. I'm not sure where they would walk to in order to work.) One of the tenants of the existing part of the buidling, a 30-something female, testified that she had sold her car and walked or used transit to get everywhere. This was in Green Hills! I remember leaving the Council meeting that day and thinking, Nashville is going to be OK after all!

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the location of the old Mrs. Winners chicken? I thought Churche's Chicken/White Castle were further down West End next to the interstate.

The reason for confusion on these is that Church's bought out all/most of the Nashville Mrs. Winners locations and while back and then closed/sold them. The one on Gallatin Rd near Five Points in East Nashville has been closed since that time. It was going to be turned into a Starbucks but that folded. Now it is going to be come a Jet's Pizza. Similarly, when Church's bought out Mrs. Winners, the 8th/Wedgewood location was closed, the building was sold, and it was remodeled and turned into an Advance Financial.

I do think that some of the Mrs. Winners locations are currently open as Church's - I think that the Inglewood one is open as a Church's with the original Mrs. Winner's design.

• Like 2

So glad that the Mrs. Winner's is being razed! That is about as prime as West End real estate gets!

I'm also very glad. There are a few other fast food places that I wish would move off of West End.

Because of the old house next door, I don't think a really large development could be built there...though I think that spot as well as several spots on Hayes Street would be a good place to infill residential.

I'm also very glad. There are a few other fast food places that I wish would move off of West End.

Very true. To be honest with you, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to both the neighborhood, and the fast food outlets themselves for those businesses to move off of West End Ave. and perhaps to a side street or Charlotte Ave. or something. It isn't exactly the most convenient place to run through the drive thru for a Big Mac with all of that heavy traffic and building density.

Hmmm... I found both the article on Channel 5 news (last night) and the article from The Tennessean regarding a lack of self-contained hotel space downtown (even with the new Omni considered) very interesting:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...use-hotel-void

So there is no argument of the definite indication of a dire lack of hotel space within immediate vicinity of the new convention center, and the need for (a) larger building(s) with more self-contained rooms within this area has become even more evident with the news that larger (and more upscale) conventioneers has expressed interest in booking at the new convention center, but will not book due to lack of contiguous upscale/luxury hotel space. They prefer a single space that could server all or most of their attendees and all within walking distance of the convention center.

Butch Spyridon says that none of the current projects (planned or proposed) represents the full-service hotel that is necessary, and that TIF is being looked at as a possibility along with other financing options; and even brings up the possibility of revamping Swerdling's, Giarrantana's, and/or other existing or proposed projects to fit the bill. In addition to sheer volumnious amount of self-contained space needed just for the upscale conventioneers, there is still the fact that Nashville is in a definite hospitality boom, especially considering its recent popularization with regard to music, tv, and film production.... i.e. the new "Nashville" series, which is surpassing ABC's hopes regarding viewership (which is a good indication in and of itself, and is great promotion of our city,) as well as other recent large events has left an absolute shortage of such-said hotel space. We simply don't have it, even with all current projects coming online in the new few years.

This could be good news, and sounds like it is regarding a possible larger and perhaps taller hotel in the works... except for one thing: In reviewing this information, the fact was recalled that Omni agreed to pay for constructions costs on the front end. Its agreement with Metro also prevents the city from giving incentives to hotels larger than 400 rooms within one mile of the convention center over the next 61/2 years after Omni opens.

What does this mean exactly? Will anyone even be able to fulfill such a need due to this agreement? Have we shot ourselves in the foot with the Omni deal now; or is this truly set in concrete? (No pun intended, lol.)

Either way, I would say it's official... we need a new... and taller... upscale hotel tower with many rooms within a small vicinity of downtown (particularly the Music City Center.) Now the question is, how can/will it be done?

• Like 1

Plans for the "communal living" infill development at 5th/Taylor in Germantown:

The attached summary from the Metro Historic Zoning Commission gives some more details about plans for the planned infill development at 1321-27 5th Ave North in Germantown. I think that this is the "communal living one." I don't know the actual name for it.

http://www.nashville.gov/mhc/docs/agendas/mhzc/2012/1114_SR1321-1327Ave.pdf

Plans for the "communal living" infill development at 5th/Taylor in Germantown:

The attached summary from the Metro Historic Zoning Commission gives some more details about plans for the planned infill development at 1321-27 5th Ave North in Germantown. I think that this is the "communal living one." I don't know the actual name for it.

http://www.nashville...321-1327Ave.pdf

The name is Germantown Cohousing.

Here is the website.

This has been delayed for a while btu should be great infill at the corner of 5th and Taylor

http://germantowncohousing.com/