Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

So, I'm not "in the know" about development like some of you guys may be. I honestly am amazed by you guys sometimes.

Anyways,

I saw this article in the NBJ;

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/10/01/green-hills-gas-station-sells-for-22.html

A Green Hills gas station sells for 2.2 million. Now, I don't know squat about the value of a gas station, but that seems like a lot.

Is this a sign of something new to come? I hope so. I hate that gas station on that corner.

So, I'm not "in the know" about development like some of you guys may be. I honestly am amazed by you guys sometimes.

Anyways,

I saw this article in the NBJ;

http://www.bizjourna...lls-for-22.html

A Green Hills gas station sells for 2.2 million. Now, I don't know squat about the value of a gas station, but that seems like a lot.

Is this a sign of something new to come? I hope so. I hate that gas station on that corner.

Abbott Martin @ Hillsboro Rd...that price is all about the location. Right smack dab in the middle of Green Hills, right next to the mall.

I, of course, haven't heard anything. I would imagine if they remove the gas station (which usually seems busy, btw), that it would be quite expensive to dig up the tanks, especially with the environmental standards (I guess they might just lay concrete over it, if that's allowed).

The sale would suggest that the new owner has something in mind to go there...but with it being a little more than half an acre, they don't have a lot of room to work. It's a little small for a hotel...so I'm guessing probably more retail?

Since I am not in Nashville It is easy to loose track of what is exactly going on and where. I was taking a virtual walk in SoBro via Google Earth and was wondering if there is anything planned or currently being constructed at the Rock City Machine Co. behind Encore? I wasn't sure exactly where the new hotel currently under construction was located so If this is the spot my apologies.

Edited by bruceman73

Abbott Martin @ Hillsboro Rd...that price is all about the location. Right smack dab in the middle of Green Hills, right next to the mall. I, of course, haven't heard anything. I would imagine if they remove the gas station (which usually seems busy, btw), that it would be quite expensive to dig up the tanks, especially with the environmental standards (I guess they might just lay concrete over it, if that's allowed). The sale would suggest that the new owner has something in mind to go there...but with it being a little more than half an acre, they don't have a lot of room to work. It's a little small for a hotel...so I'm guessing probably more retail?

Parman is an oil company, I imagine the use will remain the same.

Since I am not in Nashville It is easy to loose track of what is exactly going on and where. I was taking a virtual walk in SoBro via Google Earth and was wondering if there is anything planned or currently being constructed at the Rock City Machine Co. behind Encore? I wasn't sure exactly where the new hotel currently under construction was located so If this is the spot my apologies.

Hyatt Place now going up sounds small in theory, but it fills the entire lot and will lend a nice sense of enclosure to the area. Even the construction site is kind of impressive when you're next to it. Edited by Neigeville
  • Like 1

Sketch

Updated%20West%20End%20Rendering%20-%20main%20entry.jpg?v=1

First off, are all of those little stick people riding segways or pogo sticks or something?

Seriously, I like the sketch, but it makes it appear to have a plaza in front of the building. Currently, there is an awkward split level garage. Are they planning to make the upper portion a plaza. If so, that will be an interesting transition to street level.

Keeping my eyes on this one.

It has been dead on here today.

Question, and I am not wanting this to turn into a pro-Dem/Rep thing, but an honest question. When it comes to future projects is it a good thing that Obama won? Would it even make a difference in the local area?

We will not go there. Politics is going to be a taboo Subject as far as the election goes. I really do not want it to turn ugly and with politics and religion, it usually does.

We are going to have slow days as far as news goes and I think this just happens to be one of them. We can’t expect a big announcement everyday.

So to all of you great wonderful people, let’s leave the election out of the discussion.

• Like 3

I will drop it then, maybe I worded the question wrong. I only asked because I read a lot on here in the past that projects depended on the election. So i never understood what that meant, I did not know if certain sides were better for these projects and if we would see some effected by the election, etc. I was not wanting to turn it into a pro/con candidate, but as a noob to this kinda stuff I was confused as to how politics effected these kind of projects. Anywho I will shut up

Edited by bigeasy

I'm not taking a political stance here at all, but it would seem to me that seeing as how the current Nashville boom happened while Obama was president, not much would change locally in a second term, regardless of how the rest of the country fared. I dunno...maybe not. Makes sense to my amateur brain anyway. haha

• Like 1

@Bigeasy. Don't take offense, please. I may have come off a bit brash but I have, in all my years of being online, I come to the old adage about things you don't talk about when drinking. Those same things just kinda apply to the internet because we have some very polar views here that don't accomplish anything when going head to head.

*Edited for spelling and missing words. The new ML Rose on Charlotte is wonderful, but they make you drink so much!

Edited by dmillsphoto

No offense meant to you bigeasy. Its just things go south in a hurry with certain subjects and someone gets their feelings hurt. Its fine if we can talk face to face on certain subjects, but we lose the human contact here. We say so much with our hands, eyes and facial expressions that we cant with written word and it is so easy for someone to take offence. I want everyone to have a great time on the forum and get along with each other.

• Like 1

No worries!

Has anyone heard of these lofts before? Located on Davidson St. near Shelby Bottoms. I ride by there all the time on my bike and had no clue the warehouse building was actually lofts until a friend of mine said he was looking to get one there. Is this just a unique project or are there quite a few around town?

http://www.508lofts.com/

They look really nice inside but not sure I could live at a place like this simply because of the exterior and the neighboring businesses.I do really wish this whole area would turn into residential or businesses. I hate having to look at this dump when riding into town from the greenway.

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 1

i looked at them for a bit before i made the plunge to buy. the website has been updated a good bit, but it looks like they've removed the photos and whether or not there are any available units in the floorplan selected? i'd love to have a look at them one day, though.

eric b

I didn't know about that one, either. Are these rentals? That location is pretty off the radar screen, even for East Nashville. It is convenient in terms of proximity to downtown, but it's not exactly a neighborhod, unless you're counting the Metro Public Works warehouse facility and the Sheriff's Department parole office on South 5th Street. I guess that would make them true "lofts" in the sense of having an industrial past, rather than the half-finished apartments/condos that developers try to pass off as "lofts.". But these photos show some pretty surprisingly conventional finishes. No exposed brick or beams?