Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I couldn't get past the subscriber wall, so I'm only going on the image they show on the front page, but I thought it was ok. I can't really see how it relates to the street, but it seems no worse than other projects we are seeing around the core. True, it's not exactly inspirational, but I wouldn't call it suburban junk. Then again, it's a pretty crude rendering (at least the one I saw), so time will tell. It doesn't look like government housing, so that's a plus.

I may have missed it, have we heard about this project before? Is there a rendering/name?

Hmm, well I thought I had just seen it listed in the project thread, but I found this:

Hotel project at 12th and Demonbreun across form Proposed Eakin tower

Group out of Florida has not disclosed full plans for property

So I am not sure if these are different or the same with a mis-location at one point?

EDIT: I guess these are two different developments. I was thinking of the one at 12th and Demb.

EDIT2: Also found this in the project thread which lists Fairfield Inn and Suites, Gulch, TBS

Hotels2.jpg

This is the Fairfield Inn that the demo work on Division will be for, and you have the only rendering we know of. It's across from the Yazoo brewery and where an adult bookstore and self-storage business are currently. It will be built by Vision out of Chattanooga.

The 12th and Demobreun site is across Demonbreun from the Eakin office tower site. That is the one that is not described in any more detail than a limited service hotel (like a Holiday Inn Express).

I don't have any real information on them, but I have seen them before. They are adjacent to the Centennial Dog Park. The top floors should have some pretty good views of the city. That part of the city is in the middle of everything, but it was really quiet since there were several dead end streets there and the hills seem to cut out a lot of the traffic noise.

A project that I had assumed was not going to happen a while back is now resurected. I had not heard anything on this project on 12 South in a while, but there is a new rendering. This is one that I told you earlier that we would have news on.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2012/11/27/developer_finalizing_costs_for_proposed_12south_building

McRedmond20Building.png

• Like 1

Has anyone seen these before or have any info on them? I did not know these even existed. They are off Avoca St. near the Parthenon.

http://maps.google.c...198.99,,0,-6.96

These are several years old. They turned out great and fit onto the corner nicely. Most all of the structures in the Long street area have been built within the last ten years. There are tons of new buildings there and many of them not very impressive. These are the exception. You are going to see this area transform even more with the remaining older structures come down eventually. Hopefully, the older historic homes can stay.

I do know there are plans to build a townhome type project across the street where the West End Village storage site is. That will come sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

A project that I had assumed was not going to happen a while back is now resurected. I had not heard anything on this project on 12 South in a while, but there is a new rendering. This is one that I told you earlier that we would have news on.

http://nashvillepost...2south_building

McRedmond20Building.png

This is great, I had figured this was dead. I suppose they didn't want to come on the market the same time as the place up the street so they're taking their time. Is the long side on the left 12th, with surface parking hidden behind the building?
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen these before or have any info on them? I did not know these even existed. They are off Avoca St. near the Parthenon.

http://maps.google.c...198.99,,0,-6.96

This was one of my favorite projects "back in the day" :P! It's called The Acropolis.

Man, going back in the project and looking at some older stuff is crazy. How much was proposed and what got built and what didn't.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted;

From WW in the City Paper

Tennessee State Library and Archives possibly built in North Capital beside the mall. $76 million building.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/state-library-and-archives-project-could-jump-start-bicentennial-mall

I really hope this happens. It could really transform the area. If it looks anything like the building in the (old?) rendering, it would be magnificent.

post-8371-0-69445600-1354108181_thumb.jp

Edited by nashvillwill

Not sure if this has been posted;

From WW in the City Paper

Tennessee State Library and Archives possibly built in North Capital beside the mall. $76 million building.

http://nashvillecity...centennial-mall

I really hope this happens. It could really transform the area. If it looks anything like the building in the (old?) rendering, it would be magnificent.

I had not seen this and WW must have forgot to call me on this one. I had spoken to someone at the TSLA back in October and they said there was a move to get this back in the budget. It will be great news to get this started ASAP for sure. I also expect the State Museum to be pushing forward with thier new building as well in the near future.

I am also trying to get more information on a project in midtown that I had hoped we would have information on, but not yet. Also the Renasant bank project is probably about a year out from starting. It is in the design phase now. Dont expect anything great after seeing some of their other projects.

I have a little news for the Gulch and Charlotte Ave. but have to wait till WW gets the information.

So, regarding the TSLA building, WW's article says this;

"Last week, the State Building Commission approved a small change to the budget for the Tennessee State Library and Archives building.......The Tennessee Department of General Services also included the $76 million TSLA building in a budget request to Gov. Bill Haslam."

So, what does that mean exactly? What budget does the Building Commision oversee? Would this money come from the state General Fund?

I'm just curious about the odds of this project happening. $76m is no drop in the bucket, but I would really love to see this project happen. I think a strong civic building could completely transform this area. It has the potential to make North Capital the new "it" neighborhood for private development and could be a strong tourist draw if the right civic presence is established. I would love to see a signature museum go in along side this (like natural history, or something similar).

Edit; If done right, I think this could be our next "big" thing in Naahville. Is this thread worthy, or are we too far off. My finger is not on the pulse like some of you guys.

Edited by nashvillwill