Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

LOL... yes.  We are getting a Westin in the old "Gold Building" that used to be the Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN HQ building, which was designed by Robert Portman in 1970. I drove by last week but did not see anything like construction going on.  Yesterday's TFP noted that it was one of the largest construction permits pulled last year ($15MM??). Noticed it was also the Defoor brothers who have developed shopping centers around the area. It should be a really cool hotel if they keep the same sort of floor layouts.  

050111webcHotelOutlook_t755_h1348c4875b1

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/business/aroundregion/story/2015/aug/07/westhotel-start-downtown-fall/318643/

For a moment there, I thought this was the office building out by Briley Parkway near the former entrance to Nashville's pre-1987 Airport terminal.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

And so it begins.  The Titans org is starting to layout their narrative.  Who wants to be in a couple years when/if the Titans start to emerge from the wilderness they'll start asking for a new stadium or threaten to move.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson%20/2016/03/28/nissan-stadium-upkeep-could-put-metro-hook-millions/82078306/

Titans president was recently quoted as saying "they were nowhere close to having the conversation of a new stadium."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Titans president was recently quoted as saying "they were nowhere close to having the conversation of a new stadium."

I'm sure they did say that.  Give it a few years when the Titans are no longer a dumpster fire and see what they have to say.

The Grammy Gallery is now open as part of the Musicians Hall of Fame at Historic Municipal Auditorium.  Yet another attraction that has music theme for downtown.  Hopefully these continued connections with the Grammy Board of Directors will bear some fruit eventually for Nashville to host the Grammy Awards with some regularity, along with LA and NYC. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/03/29/nashvilles-newest-museum-grammy-gallery/82322586/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

Is there a reason they don't close down Broadway? Honestly that looks so congested I wouldn't want to be down there. But that could just be me. 

They could even just close down Broadway and keep the cross streets running...and that would help.  Seems like a no-brainer.

• Like 1

I do like the big windows... and brick exterior.  When in doubt, just compare to the Cadence building (yuck!). 

Has there been any recent news about the Stockyards project?  That one looked quite nice to me. 

Edited by MLBrumby