The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if there will be a psychological effect once this project starts going vertical.  Maybe it will encourage more developers to go bigger and better.  I doubt it, just a thought though.

Combined with Bridgestone, JW Marriott and the rest, I think it will raise the bar as far as height and to some extent, style.  A squat, unadorned box is going to look pretty lame in this company.  And hopefully the presence of some more curvy lines in the Sobro will promote more freedom of shapes, although unfortunately Bridgestone is taking the sheet music design in a boxier direction.

• Like 1

I am going to be hopeful that parts of SoBro along KVB get a lot of height in the coming years. I have a feeling that the lot the Symphony owns on the corner is going to be something grand. No, I do not know anything, but just something my "spidey sense" is telling me. Maybe I am just being hopeful.

Great news about the crane base. I drove by this morning, but did not notice.

• Like 1

At least I assume that is to be the crane base. You can see it lying on the ground behind the diner in this pic

20141122_141736_zpsg98rf9hv.jpg

Man, just imagine that big parking lot to the south becoming a ~15 story apartment block with a nice, large courtyard in the middle, and retail on all 4 sides.

• Like 1

C. B. Ragland bought that lot in 2004 and still owns it as far as I can tell.

They do still own it. I am sure there are plans for it, but those plans are, I think, speculative in nature. Michael Hayes could give us more insight when he deems appropriate. He is a member of this forum. I would bet those plans are a ways down the road.

Man, just imagine that big parking lot to the south becoming a ~15 story apartment block with a nice, large courtyard in the middle, and retail on all 4 sides.

That would be really nice.  Kind of a little urban park tucked in there.  I bet we will see something developed on that lot sooner than later.  Looks like a prime peace of real estate.  

Edited by bruceman73