The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed a few photos as I drove by late last week... They show basically nothing, but you can get a glimpse of the state of things between the links of the fencing:

post-29870-0-75577500-1410189460_thumb.j

post-29870-0-58101000-1410189462_thumb.j

And they had a street blocked off as well. Definitely some activity going on!

post-29870-0-69131300-1410189461_thumb.j

• Like 3

I don't have any pictures, but all excavation equipment is off the site! There are no boring machines. There are no large rubber pads to cover the blasting holes where the charges are. The lot has been leveled off smooth. Maybe they are ready to go vertical. There are a couple of back loaders on side for residual soil and rock, but they have already started setting up rebar for the retailing/slurry wall around the perimeter.

Maybe Ron can see if a foundation and then vertical permits have been pulled yet. 

On the 3rd Avenue side, it appears they are 20 feet deep and on the Second Avenue side they are 10 feet deep. That is it.

Since this is going to be pedestal building, they may be finished excavating. It appears they just cleared off 10-20 feet of fill dirt.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 4

That's about as deep as they were going to go. I talked to a McHugh person a good while back and he said about 20 is as depends as they go. All the parking seems to be above ground. So I say they are about Togo verticle.

You will see about the same thing happen at 1201 too. Above ground garage, very little digging like 1212 was.

No permits issued for either one yet, but I do not think it will be long.