Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Wow no that is definitely updated. I don't think it's taller though, just the angles. Here are the new pics. The site is fully operational now. Floor plans and everything.

I actually counted, its 35 floors... An 8 floor hike, in the renderings.

Edited by Guest

Its probably marketed flexible based on tenants pre-signed but if you go into the office section and look at high rise single tenant floor plans it says floors: 27-40..... so here is hoping for landing bigger tenant and taller building. 

What they are representing definitely looks taller than 27.

What happened to the Urban Oasis?!?

When I talked to the architect they said it was most likely not making it due to funds. That they would rather spend the money on the ground level on things like, upgraded speakers, better video screens and art. I'm totally okay with losing the oasis for that. Yeah floor plan lists 40 plus a penthouse. So they're definitely planning on making this thing a monster if they get the tenants.

Edited by Jayvee

When I talked to the architect they said it was most likely not making it due to funds. That they would rather spend the money on the ground level on things like, upgraded speakers, better video screens and art. I'm totally okay with losing the oasis for that. Yeah floor plan lists 40 plus a penthouse. So they're definitely planning on making this thing a monster if they get the tenants.

Holy crap! Did they seem optimistic ?

If this building hits 40 floors, it should push it well north of 600' tall I would imagine given the floor heights. 

If this building hits 40 floors, it should push it well north of 600' tall I would imagine given the floor heights. 

I'd say that it would easily hit 600 at 40 floors.

460 - 40 = 420

27-2 = 25

420/25= 16.8 feet per floor 

16.8 x 38 = 638

*638 + 2(20) = 678 feet to highest occupyable floor. 

Add in a floor and a half of decorational glass, and you could push it to 690. 

*to 20 foot ceiling height for the first two floors. 

Edited by Guest

With Crescent establishing overwhelming momentum ... eyes are on Portman.

Do they really have the goods ?

They have been doing their thing since the 1953 and have developed some of the most iconic buildings in the Southeast, Asia, and all over the USA, They definitely have the goods.

Edited by Guest

Last year Crescent said they could move forward with the hotel portion before the the office tower. Did they mention that at all, Jayvee?

Also hope power tower gets nice retail. Wasn't a Saks rumored when power tower was announced?

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Last year Crescent said they could move forward with the hotel portion before the the office tower. Did they mention that at all, Jayvee?

Also hope power tower gets nice retail. Wasn't a Saks rumored when power tower was announced?

Bloomingdales and H&M was rumored. That space is filled by Flex & Fit now.

No it's all or nothing. The architect I spoke with said the project is going up complete, the whole site would be cleared, they dig down then go up. I also got the vibe they were closer to getting a good amount of office tenants vs a hotel partner.

Bloomingdales and H&M was rumored. That space is filled by Flex & Fit now.

Well I'll just sit & dream we'll get both Bloomingdales & Saks along Stonewall

I hate posting 500 times but CBJ is still reporting Crescent will move forward with or without an anchor this summer

http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/04/crescent-sparks-community-conversation-at-skyline.html?page=all&r=full

Edit: thanks, Jayvee. Good info

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I hate posting 500 times but CBJ is still reporting Crescent will move forward with or without an anchor this summerhttp://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/04/crescent-sparks-community-conversation-at-skyline.html?page=all&r=full

Yeah the vibe I got from folks I spoke with was they have enough interest they don't need an anchor. They're confident they'll secure one in the construction process. It sounded like they're more focused on filling the retail at the bottom honestly.

I hate posting 500 times but CBJ is still reporting Crescent will move forward with or without an anchor this summer

http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/04/crescent-sparks-community-conversation-at-skyline.html?page=all&r=full

Edit: thanks, Jayvee. Good info

I don't think Saks is expanding, ever. They have been preforming poorly as a company for about 3 years.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

hey! look what got itself a pre submittal meeting!!

I love the description, it's so very descriptive (probably a mistake but they filed 2) 

Tryon Place

mega project/sky rise building with associated parking deck and plaza

Tryon Place

High rise building with deck and plaza

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=15LDR&capID2=00000&capID3=00120&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

Edited by Jayvee

The "Mega Project" submittal likely covers the entire site, and the "high rise" submittal is for a single building within the mega project. It allows them to permit each piece separately even though it's essentially one giant ass building project.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is new info, but in the article today about Crescent selecting Collett to do the retail leasing it mentions... Crescent said it will break ground on the site in the fourth quarter this year, with completion expected in the second quarter 2018.

• 3 weeks later...