Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I don't know a thing about it...purely a guess on my part. I think if Belk is, in fact, interested in this site that they announce sooner rather than later. Now that WF is going to be about a block away, and will be destination shopping, I think Belk sees this as a much safer bet. If Belk doesn't move on this, I will be surprised if someone else doesn't (meaning something else like Belk). Belk needs to lead (and hopefully wants to) the charge in true retail back to its headquarters city's downtown.

• 1 month later...

uh oh...

There is a shortened and slightly redesigned version of Tryon Place on the Tryon Place Twitter.

Not sure what to think about it honestly: 

• It Could be an old version

• Maybe this is the 27 floor version, since the previous version was more like 35.

The Tryon Place website has the other version, so I'm a little hesitant to thing that the scope would have changed. By the way they have never tweeted, not once. Still looks great though.

https://twitter.com/tryonplacenc

uh oh...

There is a shortened and slightly redesigned version of Tryon Place on the Tryon Place Twitter.

Not sure what to think about it honestly:

• It Could be an old version

• Maybe this is the 27 floor version, since the previous version was more like 35.

The Tryon Place website has the other version, so I'm a little hesitant to thing that the scope would have changed. By the way they have never tweeted, not once. Still looks great though.

https://twitter.com/tryonplacenc

As long as the base has a lot of retail, I'm 110% ok with a revision like that, cone on, Belk

This project has gone pretty quiet as of late.  Seems like the Crescent Stonewall project is moving at a faster clip, albeit mainly because there is no office component to depend on, but I am wondering what's happening with this project.  There was an article in the Observer the other day with Crescent about this building, but it just seemed to be rehashing.

Any updates?

This project has gone pretty quiet as of late.  Seems like the Crescent Stonewall project is moving at a faster clip, albeit mainly because there is no office component to depend on, but I am wondering what's happening with this project.  There was an article in the Observer the other day with Crescent about this building, but it just seemed to be rehashing.

Any updates?

They are planning to start utility relocation early summer and vertical by Late fall.

• 2 weeks later...

They fell out of love with Charlotte and picked a building in DC. Those jobs will be based in Raleigh until their distribution center opens in North Carolina (I-85/40 corridor, I'm guessing).

Their distribution center will be in Burlington, NC.

Does anyone have any information as to why the waiting area of the now closed Goodyear is being painted and redone?  I cannot figure out why anything would be placed in the old building - even on a temporary basis.  It makes me wonder if the Tryon Place project has hit a road bump.

Looks like the Triangle and DC are a better geographic center for their big plans to expand to the Mid Atlantic and East Coast.  They are looking to go big in the Mid Atlantic, including North Carolina.

Their model is to base their offices out of their distribution centers. Seems like they would probably have temporary office space in the triangle or any other market until their distribution centers are up and running. 

Does anyone have any information as to why the waiting area of the now closed Goodyear is being painted and redone?  I cannot figure out why anything would be placed in the old building - even on a temporary basis.  It makes me wonder if the Tryon Place project has hit a road bump.

I'm not a construction expert, but as far as I know if you have asbestos in a building, you must remove that before you can start any kind of demo. Given the age of the building, I think that's a good possibility. I think kermit's assumption may be correct. Perhaps someone like Prodev could verify. 

Edited by wend28

I walked by last night and it definitely looked like a coat of fresh paint on the inside and a ladder on one side of the room. I actually didn't think twice about it then, as I was having a discussion with a friend, but I just saw the last few comments and that does seem strange.

I walked by last night and it definitely looked like a coat of fresh paint on the inside and a ladder on one side of the room. I actually didn't think twice about it then, as I was having a discussion with a friend, but I just saw the last few comments and that does seem strange.

I've asked my good buddy Ely to reach out to Crescent. Hopefully we have an answer today.