Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I don't see any curb cuts on that plan - are they not providing any underground parking? I would have assumed they had levels of parking underneath that entire block (including the plaza areas)

Its a 10-12 floor Parking Deck surrounded by Hotels with an amenity Deck on top. Its a classic Charlotte Super block that is just dressed up. Parking will be accessible from Hill Street and Stonewall. I have an ingress and egress diagram somewhere at home I can post.

Here is an update on Goodyear... 

They are doing a small rehab to create a very "Temporary event space for Ted-style talks about the city, urbanism, etc. Demo still planned "sooner rather than later"

This board has become the Charlotte Observer Illuminati haha 

HAHA we do have some pretty random clout around here. My wife thinks the relationships I've made in Charlotte are bizarre, being that its 650 miles away. 

HAHA we do have some pretty random clout around here. My wife thinks the relationships I've made in Charlotte are bizarre, being that its 650 miles away. 

"A reader recently asked me why a worker was inside the store Tuesday, painting and touching up the interior."

He might as well have said "a bizarre reader that's 650 miles away, recently asked me..."

• Like 2

"A reader recently asked me why a worker was inside the store Tuesday, painting and touching up the interior."

He might as well have said "a bizarre reader that's 650 miles away, recently asked me..."

haha, 9 times out of 10, I'm the reader I think... LOL

Per our friend Ely on his twitter page (@ESPortillo), a nice pic of the Goodyear "mural"... Tis a shame it will get demolished.

CClPnr1UkAAXEux.jpg

Whoops, yeah I forgot to post a pic yesterday. But it is a shame! It is really cool....I wonder why they put so much work into something that won't last long. And as an artist, wouldn't you be kinda mad, although I guess if you get paid who cares lol.

I wonder why they put so much work into something that won't last long.

Unless maybe it WILL stick around longer than we all anticipate. Why lipstick this old thing up for "small TED-style talks" only to demo in two months? I think this is being done because they still need to drum up interest in the project or property. I really hope I'm wrong here, but I have a strange feeling this won't see a summer start as is planned. There haven't been any significant job announcements in a while and I highly doubt a building like this will or can go up as spec.

Unless maybe it WILL stick around longer than we all anticipate. Why lipstick this old thing up for "small TED-style talks" only to demo in two months? I think this is being done because they still need to drum up interest in the project or property. I really hope I'm wrong here, but I have a strange feeling this won't see a summer start as is planned. There haven't been any significant job announcements in a while and I highly doubt a building like this will or can go up as spec.

Won't see a summer start? These projects always start construction on the publicly stated time frames  :whistling:  Accela says so  :ph34r: