Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Here is the rendering ATLRVR and Jayvee were referencing. For everyone's viewing pleasure. Jayvee confirmed that its just a massing. The great thing about the massing is, it confirms a 36+ floor building. Honestly the height looks very impressive.

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 9.26.56 AM.png

Thanks for the renderings! The good thing is that many current building projects, that are 25-40 floor, help to fill in our skyline. Sure a new 55+ storey tower would be nice, but Uptown looks more better. Just need to fill in the gap near Vue. ;) 

Edited by Piedmont767

Thanks for the renderings! The good thing is that many current building projects, that are 25-40 floor, help to fill in our skyline. Sure a new 55+ storey tower would be nice, but Uptown looks more better. Just need to fill in the gap near Vue. ;) 

300 South Tryon + Tryon Place is better than a single building.

• Like 1

I still want a iconic supertall to the left a bit from bank of America. I am thinking 85 floors would be perfect

Hopefully in around 20 years! :rolleyes: I still want Trump Charlotte and the First Union building though!! But for the next 5-10 years, a dozen or so 25-40 storey buildings are brilliant! Our skyline needs filling in. 

Edited by Piedmont767

I wouldn't mind a Northern counterpart of sorts to the Duke Energy building. Though I feel weird about having any building look taller than the BofA building. It may be romantic thinking, but I'd love that building in the center to be the tallest.

Yup. Doesn't bother me if we don't get a taller building. The Bank of America building is timeless.

• Like 2

I love the new massing picture of Tryon Place. It will really stand out now that they increased it to 36 stories. Are they still anticipating a 2018 completion date? I think that's the year I heard floating around. If 300 South Tryon is any kind of benchmark it will be a solid 8 months before it starts going vertical once they begin demo.

I love the new massing picture of Tryon Place. It will really stand out now that they increased it to 36 stories. Are they still anticipating a 2018 completion date? I think that's the year I heard floating around. If 300 South Tryon is any kind of benchmark it will be a solid 8 months before it starts going vertical once they begin demo.

the difference with Tryon Place is they aren't going that far down. So it'll go vertical much sooner, but yes 2018 completion for sure. 

the difference with Tryon Place is they aren't going that far down. So it'll go vertical much sooner, but yes 2018 completion for sure. 

Pardon my ignorance, but is Tryon Place definitely going ahead? I thought it wasn't going to be built unless it was leased, and I thought there was no anchor tenant? 

Pardon my ignorance, but is Tryon Place definitely going ahead? I thought it wasn't going to be built unless it was leased, and I thought there was no anchor tenant? 

its supposed to break ground by the end of this year. If not, it will be soon after. They are breaking ground whether they have a tenant or not because they have had strong interest.

between 615 College & 300 South Tryon so far combined are 33% leased. 615 was supposed to only move forward if they had an anchor tenant (like Tryon Place) but strong demand (like Tryon Place) made them decide to go ahead on a speculative basis

They are planning on building spec. Though I would guess that because there has been a height increase of 9 floors, I bet they have some leases lined up. 

How many floors are they going to be? Is ground breaking still expected for this quarter then? 

EDIT- Didn't see AirNostrumMAD's post

Edited by Piedmont767

its supposed to break ground by the end of this year. If not, it will be soon after. They are breaking ground whether they have a tenant or not because they have had strong interest.

between 615 College & 300 South Tryon so far combined are 33% leased. 615 was supposed to only move forward if they had an anchor tenant (like Tryon Place) but strong demand (like Tryon Place) made them decide to go ahead on a speculative basis

Supposedly 1000 South Tryon is having enough interest that they might go ahead and proceed as well... We might have a lot of people fighting for tenants in 2017 and 18

PLUS a 7 floor building on Morehead and a 10 floor building in Midtown.

Edited by Guest

They are planning on building spec. Though I would guess that because there has been a height increase of 9 floors, I bet they have some leases lined up. 

So they have opted to go spec just based on the interest they've received? I'm guessing financing must not be that hard now then?