Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

So they have opted to go spec just based on the interest they've received? I'm guessing financing must not be that hard now then? 

Honestly, they are flush with capital, from selling $1billion+ worth of developments around the county, might not need all that much financing. 

Actually, I take that back. The Stated height at 27 floors is 460'. which puts the average floor height at 17feet ish. Which puts us at 613 feet.

The Tryon Place website mentions floor height of 10feet. So for a 36 storey tower that's 360 feet. You seem to be in the know, so what is the height going to be? 

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread up. 

10 feet floor to ceiling. There's a lot between The ceiling and the next floor. There will be a drop ceiling concealing Hvac, electrical, plumbing, high speed internet and then the thickness of the floor itself. The stated height in the preliminary drawings had the height at 27 floors to be 460, so I stand by my estimate that this crosses the 600 mark.

10 feet floor to ceiling. There's a lot between The ceiling and the next floor. There will be a drop ceiling concealing Hvac, electrical, plumbing, high speed internet and then the thickness of the floor itself. The stated height in the preliminary drawings had the height at 27 floors to be 460, so I stand by my estimate that this crosses the 600 mark.

Oh ok, that makes sense. When will we know the definite height? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2015, 6:58:25, Dale said:

I can tell you that I was Uptown the other day with a friend from Minneapolis, and he was blown away by BofA. Said nothing in Minneapolis comes close.

Is your friend from Minneapolis KS or Minneapolis MN?  It it's the latter, Minneapolis has the Wells Fargo tower, which was also designed Cesar Pelli, and definitely holds its own against BofA.  Even the IDS and Capella hold their own. They are not as tall as BofA, but height isn't what makes a building great.  BTW, looking forward to seeing this project completed and in person.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Twin Citian said:

Is your friend from Minneapolis KS or Minneapolis MN?  It it's the latter, Minneapolis has the Wells Fargo tower, which was also designed Cesar Pelli, and definitely holds its own against BofA.  Even the IDS and Capella hold their own. They are not as tall as BofA, but height isn't what makes a building great.  BTW, looking forward to seeing this project completed and in person.

Don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Synopsis101 said:

Does Tryon Place look a little different in that picture?

Yeah it's a bit different than how we've gotten used to seeing it. I was in the Crescent offices and got to see a really updated rendering. It's a bit more grey now that green (which I prefer) and has some defined lines on the structure itself. It's less curvy than before, but more to the point.

Also, nice to see they've ditched the residential component of this project. A larger full-service hotel is definitely the way to go.

Edited by Jayvee

Slightly OT:

Can we just get Crescent to build EVERYTHING in Charlotte?  Seems like they are actually interested in quality, long lasting projects and care about making a positive impact on the city.  The Proffitt Dixon's of the world could learn a thing or two from these guys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Slightly OT:

Can we just get Crescent to build EVERYTHING in Charlotte?  Seems like they are actually interested in quality, long lasting projects and care about making a positive impact on the city.  The Proffitt Dixon's of the world could learn a thing or two from these guys.

Then I suggest you lobby hard for them to work on Brooklyn Village 

5 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Yeah it's a bit different than how we've gotten used to seeing it. I was in the Crescent offices and got to see a really updated rendering. It's a bit more grey now that green (which I prefer) and has some defined lines on the structure itself. It's less curvy than before, but more to the point.

Also, nice to see they've ditched the residential component of this project. A larger full-service hotel is definitely the way to go.

The new renderings are less curvy? That's what I like about this project, that it is not just a "box". 

Also do we have a confirmed height and specs for this? It will be taller than 27 floors, yes? 

Edited by Piedmont767
  • Like 1