Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Come on, let's get his thing built! I can't wait to see it and the prospect of getting a Hyatt Regency is also very exciting. 

Really not excited about a Hyatt Regency. I could get excited about:

• W
  • Four Seasons
  • Fairmont
  • JW Marriott
  • Loews

Even a Grand Hyatt or Park Hyatt, then maybe a Hyatt Regency. But if a Hyatt Regency is announced, I promise not to throw a tantrum about it.

Welcome to Charlotte, Hyatt Regency! :D

a 36 floor Tryon Place with a sizable floor height base, and 15.5 foot ceilings would get us a new 6th tallest building. Approximately 545-565 feet. That'd be pretty damn sweet. Stick on a 15 foot parapet and it could pass Vue.

^My memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe at one point you said it would well surpass 600' if it were to go to 40 floors. 675 is the number I had stuck in my head. This would only be 4 floors shy of that..

Actually, I take that back. The Stated height at 27 floors is 460'. which puts the average floor height at 17feet ish. Which puts us at 613 feet.

Edited by Guest

^ Its just an unhelpful rumor but the Chamber is currently working on a "big" project (meaning major firm HQ relocation) and they hope to hear if it lands shortly. Unfortunately 1) this is all I know, 2) it may not be any more likely than any other relocation. That said, I did get a sense from my contact that it would be a large consumer of uptown office space if they choose Charlotte.

I don't think the timeline of the redesign for nine more floors matches up with the timeline on this relocation however (thus the uselessness of the rumor)

Edited by kermit

^ Its just an unhelpful rumor but the Chamber is currently working on a "big" project (meaning major firm HQ relocation) and they hope to hear if it lands shortly. Unfortunately 1) this is all I know, 2) it may not be any more likely than any other relocation. That said, I did get a sense from my contact that it would be a large consumer of uptown office space if they choose Charlotte.

I don't think the timeline of the redesign for nine more floors matches up with the timeline on this relocation however (thus the uselessness of the rumor)

Love rumors. Charlotte is a great hq city. 

Do you mean other energy companies would follow? If GE were to pick Charlotte, how many jobs do you think it would bring?

The remote possibility of that would be a game changer (don't you hate that expression) for Charlotte.  As energy and energy related businesses continue to look at Charlotte, the coat tails of that happening would be staggering.

Edited by RaleighHeelsfan

I don't think NC is a serious suitor for GE. GE has been very clear that they will only move to a state whose political delegation firmly supports the  Export Import Bank. Tommy Tillis is dutifully obeying his tea party overlords in actively opposing the EIB.  I believe that GE feels the Georgia delegation has had the strongest support for the EIB.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150915/PC05/150919604/1536/ge-says-it-will-move-jobs-from-south-carolina-other-states-over-idled-export-bank

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ge-nears-decision-on-relocating-its-headquarters-1441931084

Be sure to write Tommy a thank you note.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

I still think Atlanta ultimately gets GE if they do infact move their HQ. However, this would be a monumental win for Charlotte if they did come here. The GE logo would look quite nice atop Tryon Place. Would be nice back drop to BofA Stadium for Panthers games and very visible through most angles of center city. 

• Like 1