Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

...pink glass, perhaps?

I would be all for that honestly.  I mean, I know the value of blue and green hued glass, it assists with energy savings and acquiring LEED certification; but just being sleek, unobstructed glass curtains get's a little "Emerald City" after awhile.  Break it up a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/11/crescent-and-levine-both-planning-apartment-hotel.html

Wouldn't 100 apartments on top of 300-400 hotel units push a tower to 20 foors+

And if I read the article correctly, that's at Tryon Place & not Stonewall Crescent

A lot of hotel brands have a 'Residence' brand as well, like the W for example. Could you imagine if this became a W Hotel & Residences, wow, although that would more likely be condos and not apartments I am assuming? :(

Edited by Jayvee

A lot of hotel brands have a 'Residence' brand as well, like the W for example. Could you imagine if this became a W Hotel & Residences, wow, although that would more likely be condos and not apartments I am assuming? :(

I worked near the W Hotel and Residences in Boston and it was all condos... Though, I think a lot of those were owned by investors and rented out. I believe they went through a bankruptcy at one point if memory serves me correctly. But yea, I think they would be condos especially if it were to be a high end hotel like W or Loews. At some point the demand will outweigh the supply for condos will be there again for center city, if it hasn't already. This may not be a bad spot... 

I think the idea would be build them to condo quality, and then assess the market once the building is completed to decide whether to sell/rent.

It's a little trickier to do condo/hotel now I think because of HUD standards on mortgages, but the rules may only affect first time buyer low-down payment loans, but I'm not positive.

Given the smallish footprint of the hotel in the renderings, I'd expect no more than residential 8 units per floor and maybe 20 hotel rooms per floor.  Including lobbies/amenity areas, I'd think that tower to be in the 20-25 floor range.

Given the smallish footprint of the hotel in the renderings, I'd expect no more than residential 8 units per floor and maybe 20 hotel rooms per floor.  Including lobbies/amenity areas, I'd think that tower to be in the 20-25 floor range.

What renderings do you speak of? The existing ones on experiencetryonplace?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So with the Rumors that tryon place could be anchored by a German grocer and that the German grocer could be building a specialty grocery store in SouthEnd with front parking. How long, assuming the rumors/speculation is correct, would it take to announce the anchor tenant?

I would imagine if these folks were trying/looking to build a grocery store, they must be pretty advanced with the negotiations and just waiting for the ink to dry?

• Like 1

Wasn't Whole Foods rumored for Tryon Place previously or was that just something that was thrown out there?  Yeah, it's hard to imagine Aldi being a part of this development.  What other German grocers are out there?

Whole Foods was said to be shopping for locations uptown, they were never linked to Tryon Place, they were linked to the Crescent project on stonewall, which is supposed to have 50-60k of grocery included. If a 30k grocery store ends up at Tryon Place, I doubt one will end up at Crescent. We will see how that all goes. It is not Aldi. Lets not get our hopes up just yet, the store on South BLVD is the only one set in stone right now.

Edited by Guest

Are your sources stil bullish on this project? Construction summer 2015?

Best I can tell, Crescent, after selling nearly a billion dollars worth of property, is flush with capital and bullish on this project, and its stonewall project.

Best I can tell, Crescent, after selling nearly a billion dollars worth of property, is flush with capital and bullish on this project, and its stonewall project.

But they have to be bullish for their investors sake, correct? Whether they truly are or not, I would imagine.

I just hope they implied to the CBJ that the potential commencement of construction beginning in 2015 wasnt just for good PR.

But they have to be bullish for their investors sake, correct? Whether they truly are or not, I would imagine.

I just hope they implied to the CBJ that the potential commencement of construction beginning in 2015 wasnt just for good PR.

It was 100% for PR and marketing. They've already pushed out and will continue to push out the date but still add in "with or without an anchor tenant" for marketing purposes. Potential tenants need to believe the project is real. While I do think it will happen, I don't think it'll be Q2 '15. 

No real big news on this project, but City Council last night approved the rezoning quest by Crescent for the signs on the building: The rezoning allows for the developer to have two 300-square-foot LED video signs on the building. In addition, the building can have up to 3,000 square feet of wall signage on two sides of the building.