Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Ironically Phipps is right beside a Belk. And I think Ricky Davis is spot on with his interpretation of the description (because it does resemble Phipps shape in a way)

Unfortunately there would be limitations to this building, elevators would be a nightmare. I might need to redesign.

That's close Ricky Davis! Add a solar shield to the side of the building and you've just about nailed it. A very large solar shield that can rotate up or down to cool or heat the building will stretch the side of the tower. And I don't think the building is indented in the middle as much. But that was a heck of a mock up.

• Like 1

I'm betting that the skywalk connection won't be at the VERY top if the impression was that it "looks like 2 separate buildings" but who knows. I feel reassured enough now that I have some new patience to wait for the official word!

SouthEndCLT...does this site reach to College, or is that small office building remaining? I would hope that if it is a full block site that the College frontage isn't just parking deck.

Honestly don't know recall about the College side and I'm out of town this weekend to confirm for you.

That's close Ricky Davis! Add a solar shield to the side of the building and you've just about nailed it. A very large solar shield that can rotate up or down to cool or heat the building will stretch the side of the tower. And I don't think the building is indented in the middle as much. But that was a heck of a mock up.

Print my rendering out and circle what's wrong, lol.

I haven't heard from my sources in at least 6 months, so I'm glad you're getting info. It's really frustrating, but honestly I don't hold much back, I need to be more cryptic with my info.

Duke energy needs to phone up some friends to occupy this. Sounds perfect for an energy company & really bolster our yin age as a new energy hub.

Building4.jpg

Having a ton of fun with this. Sending it to my friend at Little :-P.

Sweet!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that small floor plates for office??

Also, the BIGGEST detail is when we can roughly expect A public announcement. More interested in that than renderings :)

I'm a little nervous to see this thing go the way of our super tall First Union tower.

Is this rendering based on rumors of the details or just fun being had?

Based on the description given by A user who has renderings at home. He gave a quick paint drawing of the floor, said it resembled Phipps place in ATL sort of and Ricky created a rendering based on that description

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

Not rendering of this project!

Amercian Commerce Center (now cancelled) in Philly had an interesting atrium.  I had been trying to remember the building that had a design like described above, and finally remembered this project as something where the atrium is big enough to make it look like 2 towers, but still plenty of retail.

acc1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Balfour Beatty is the GC that was chosen for the building.  However from what I heard is that Crescent "jumped the gun" deciding on a builder because the city doesn't like that it is speculative at this time.  They'd prefer to have a tenant lined up (who wouldn't??).

I'm not sure why it'd be an issue for Crescent and okay for Portman other than the sheer difference in size of each project.  The city just needs the Field of Dreams mantra of if you build it they will come.