Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

It was previously indicated by AirNostrumMad that there would substantial space within the "atrium" and in a large space at the foot of the parking deck. The parking deck is the only thing bothering me about this building. I hate the massive rear loaded parking deck. I wish they could have buried it.

But the parking deck will have 2 hotel buildings on both the college & Stonewall side so the deck is acceptable? :)

Gonna be sweet

http://www.cam-ful.com/contractor/files/1093/Pg%201%20-%2013%20dwgs.pdf

Having problems loading on my iphone

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Street level renderings are in this one!

http://www.cam-ful.com/contractor/files/1095/Pg%2027%20-%2039%20dwgs.pdf

I love the various design options.     I assume, though, that the hotel space shown in that site plan and in this greyed-out rendering are actually now obsolete with the hotel being moved to the Caldwell site.  

post-670-0-20672400-1395716672_thumb.png

post-670-0-18239300-1395716693_thumb.png

post-670-0-38198100-1395716956_thumb.png

Regarding the various exteriors to the building.  At bidding for the GC the concept was to have this "solar shield" on the outside that would reduce strain on the HVAC by catching the sunlight so the building doesn't have to be cooled down as much.  I found this about what was planned for the exterior, but Crescent plans to do this in a LEED manner.  Not sure what designation they're going for.

http://us.agc.com/building-architectural-glass-solarshield

And this picture.. Finally an example of some of the the skywalk throughout the structure that I failed to describe.

post-670-0-20672400-1395716672.png

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1

So if the rendering shows 30 floors (I trust Ricky Davis' math much more than the Observer's), how many sqft do we suspect this reflects? 500k? 750k? Wonder if this thing did hit 1M sqft, how many stories it would be? And so there are two hotels on the Goodyear site? Then on the seperate parcel of land, there would be a 600 unit apartment tower with the 450 room hotel? 

EDIT: The 27 story rendering represents ~700k of office space.

Edited by wend28

WOW! I know this is years away from completion, but just the announcement is exciting!! They really knocked it out of the park with the design and I can't wait for this to progress.... This might be the first time I have seen everyone pleased and happy with a design  :rofl::good:

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

So if the rendering shows 30 floors (I trust Ricky Davis' math much more than the Observer's), how many sqft do we suspect this reflects? 500k? 750k? Wonder if this thing did hit 1M sqft, how many stories it would be? And so there are two hotels on the Goodyear site? Then on the seperate parcel of land, there would be a 600 unit apartment tower with the 450 room hotel?

I guess 45 floors if I did basic math right if it were 1 million sq. ft

(700,000 / 1,000,000 = .7)

(.7•27 = 18)

(18+27=45)

(I could be way wrong; I suck at math)

I want to know more about the city parcel and the retail involved in this space. Is 70k of retail a lot?

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I guess 45 floors if I did basic math right if it were 1 million sq. ft

(700,000 / 1,000,000 = .7)

(.7•27 = 18)

(18+27=45)

(I could be way wrong; I suck at math)

I want to know more about the city parcel and the retail involved in this space. Is 70k of retail a lot?

I would expect a 45k grocery and 25k of retail. 25k is pretty sizable. Based on the site plan posted above, I would suspect an additional 20k on N. Tryon as well.

I am curious of that too.....How many sq ft is the Publix in south end?

around 70k total. 58k for grocery

http://www.stiles.com/media/com_estateagent/pictures/ea_Shops_at_Southline_Flyer.pdf

Edited by Guest

I would expect a 45k grocery and 25k of retail. 25k is pretty sizable. Based on the site plan posted above, I would suspect an additional 20k on N. Tryon as well.

around 70k total.

http://www.stiles.com/media/com_estateagent/pictures/ea_Shops_at_Southline_Flyer.pdf

cool. I also just looked, the uptown HT is 18k so I guess they could even go smaller if they want more retail, although that uptown HT is frustrating.

Edited by Jayvee

I actually think these Hotels are planned separate. I was reading through the scope of work last night instead of working or sleeping, and it seems the hotels are not included in the RFP and would be done at later dates.

cool. I also just looked, the uptown HT is 18k so I guess they could even go smaller if they want more retail, although that uptown HT is frustrating.

Atlrvr said WholeFoods was shopping on S. Tryon last year. They do great urban grocery stores, and I think they could land here. No smaller than 35k honestly.

Edited by Guest

I actually think these Hotels are planned separate. I was reading through the scope of work last night instead of working or sleeping, and it seems the hotels are not included in the RFP and would be done at later dates.

Atlrvr said WholeFoods was shopping on S. Tryon last year. They do great urban grocery stores, and I think they could land here. No smaller than 35k honestly.

I don't really shop at Whole Foods, but I think that would be PERFECT for this project. They would do extremely well uptown. Forum is buzzing today!! Love it.

Edited by Jayvee

I don't really shop at Whole Foods, but I think that would be PERFECT for this project. They would do extremely well uptown. Forum is buzzing today!! Love it.

It's an interesting area for a grocery store that's for sure. Hopefully those city owned parcels land more residents. There's not a lot of residential activity over there.

Although I guess you could say that In walking distance you have Radcliffe, Skye, The Madison, Fountains, 1200 South Blvd, Quarters at morehead, and the Arlington, and it's just a block from the train.

I recall reading in Jan. or Feb. that the hotel portion could commence before the officer portion. I wonder if they meant the city owned parcel could commence before the Tryon Place parcel.

That is now seemingly like a more likely scenario. Hotel seems like a much smaller risk than a large scale office building, and while there is an immediate need for both, you don't necessarily need tenants ha.

It's an interesting area for a grocery store that's for sure. Hopefully those city owned parcels land more residents. There's not a lot of residential activity over there.

Although I guess you could say that In walking distance you have Radcliffe, Skye, The Madison, Fountains, 1200 South Blvd, Quarters at morehead, and the Arlington, and it's just a block from the train.

Right, you would have people from the (hopefully) Levine apartments, quarterside and the condos that line tryon all hopping on the train for a quick grocery run.