CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 years for people to actually work here?

I thought five years was the amount of time it will take to get to the full employment. The construction is starting in the fall, so wouldn't people start moving in within a year to 18 months?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody heard about another South Financial acquisition? There is a rumor floating around (in another city that's home to a medium sized banking company), that South Financial has been talking about acquiring that company. Don't be shocked if something happens late 2006 or 2007. This would explain South Financials need for such a large campus / office expansion (in addition to their current growth).

Regions in Birmingham just acquired Amsouth in Birmingham....this will definitely spark more mergers / acquisitions in the banking industry.

I was by the SF site yesterday and there are several pieces of earth moving equipment. Looked like they were starting infrastructure work.....sewage, water, etc. :thumbsup: This will be a great project to watch as it's built.

The only rendering I have seen of the South Financial Group's campus is from this Greenville News story:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....EWS01/603120333

Why did they print it if architects have not even been selected yet? For what it's worth, though, it looks nice with the water, landscaping, and colorful sky. :thumbsup:

The article also states that the company "plans to maintain its presence along Main Street." What does that mean? I'm sure they will not be building a tower there anytime soon, but I wonder if that means they will employ some people there as well. I suppose it could just mean that there will be a Carolina First branch/ATM downtown. Ha ha.

The article also states that the company "plans to maintain its presence along Main Street." What does that mean? I'm sure they will not be building a tower there anytime soon, but I wonder if that means they will employ some people there as well. I suppose it could just mean that there will be a Carolina First branch/ATM downtown. Ha ha.

From what I understand, the Poinsett Plaza we will be remain their corp headquarters (CEO, CFO, etc, etc and certain offices such as "boardroom" functions will remain there). The new campus will be more the actual operations and working offices for the company. Think about how banks operate.....example in Charlotte, think how many different towers and building Wachovia is in. As long as South Financial continues it's great growth, there's no reason that we couldn't have the new campus and a couple of new towers in downtown in years to come.

How true, gsupstate! Charlotte did not always have the beautiful towers it does today. They came over time because of the same type of businesses we are trying to attract and grow here in Greenville - The South Financial Group, being one of them. It happens to be the largest SC-based bank in the state. With time, they will indeed grow and eventually expand beyond their space of confinement. Also, consider the possibility that future trends may lead many or a few of these businesses back to downtown. The nice large campuses may be today's rave, but someday, a small footprint and tall tower could become the location of choice for these companies - that or a sub-terranean fortress, but who knows. ^_^

• 2 months later...

I noticed the surveyors out there earlier this week. Great to finally see movement there. :shades:

Skyliner and I have confirmed reports that South Financial is getting ready to get the ball rolling on the site that is up past the Hubble building beside I-85. In fact one of the superintendents from the Hubble Light building will be relocating to that job to oversee it. I cant mention his name but he is one of the best superintendents Harper has got. This will be great to see some work being done on this site and its going to be a major project for the upstate and all of South Carolina.

http://www.thesouthgroup.com/

-Evan

Archived