CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

This is a good thing from an economic development standpoint, but man, if this thing went downtown it would have been awesome--either as a couple of midrises or a signature highrise of about 25-30 stories with a nice spire.

I agree. Maybe they'll expand so much in the next couple of years that they'll eventually build a new tower downtown after this campus is finished. :tough:

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading details almost made me sick. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about this project and the 600 jobs :thumbsup: , but why build a sprawling campus when you're still going to have your Headquarts downtown? Why not just go ahead and build downtown where your HQ will be? 13 buildings and no plans that I saw for a parking garage. Oh well. Bring on the jobs and visibility, I guess! :yahoo:

Beucase this way lets them build space as they need it. What do you sggesut for downtown, build a few floors now and keep adding floors as the company grows?

I meant from a visibility standpoint. Also economically also.....bigtime! Everybody is probably still at work or something. I get off at 4:00.

Oh. It definitely does look like it will have a good visible standpoint from the interstate with the buildings being somewhere between 4-6 stories tall each. :)

Beucase this way lets them build space as they need it. What do you sggesut for downtown, build a few floors now and keep adding floors as the company grows?

Come on now. <_< No way. They're going to expand. They've promised 600 jobs. Build a building and take up more space when you need it. It'd probably be just as cost effective to build the shell of the entire building and FINISH the floors as they are needed rather than buy a huge tract of land and build seperate buildings as they are needed. You don't have to heat/cool the space that's not being used in the building and you could lease some space out initially. Seems like a no-brainer to me if they're really trying to give the community something that it can be proud of. If they are absolutely commited to the 85 corridor, then they should at least work with the adjacent developer to incoporate the campus as a part of the dense mixed use project. we shall see.

Reading details almost made me sick. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about this project and the 600 jobs :thumbsup: , but why build a sprawling campus when you're still going to have your Headquarts downtown? Why not just go ahead and build downtown where your HQ will be? 13 buildings and no plans that I saw for a parking garage. Oh well. Bring on the jobs and visibility, I guess! :yahoo:

GvilleSC, you took the words right out of my mouth! Twin Towers, or even one huge one would have been something else! MAN! :wacko: Somebody get me a violin to play. :lol:

Similar to how Magnolia was sold after work had started (demolition). MAYBE, just MAYBE a developer will make a great offer that they cannot refuse and SF will head downtown with their quick profit. :silly:

Yeah, and MAYBE they will buy out county square, whose offices can then likewise build a signiture tower with the money they make.

Ahh; the joys of fantasy, eh GvilleSC? :D

We always have our dreams!

Yeah, and MAYBE they will buy out county square, whose offices can then likewise build a signiture tower with the money they make.

Ahh; the joys of fantasy, eh GvilleSC? :D

We always have our dreams!

Yeah, it must be some of that distorted logic. :lol:

Nice to see this. Missed the news stories while I was gone. Are there any higher quality renderings floating around anywhere? Kind of hard to tell much from these. g-man, you're good at getting info....will you give Mack Whittle a call and ask him for renderings? :P

Nice to see this. Missed the news stories while I was gone. Are there any higher quality renderings floating around anywhere? Kind of hard to tell much from these. g-man, you're good at getting info....will you give Mack Whittle a call and ask him for renderings? :P

There is this one on page 49 in the newest issue of the Greenville Journal that hasn't been posted yet. :) According to the Greenville Journal, more than 1,700 trees will be planted at the site. :thumbsup:

Archived