CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

The groundwater contamination problem has been in remediation for over a decade now. If you look back behind the enormous soil stockpile, you'll see the remediation system (building with large above ground tank) that the environmental consultants used to clean up the groundwater. I believe that they were injecting mollases into the groundwater to biologically clean up the problem. Word on the street is that they have gotten contaminant levels below what DHEC has required, and that the remediation system has been shut down. Good news for the developers...since environmental problems, such as ones on this site, have been known to stall or kill projects. :whistling:

Hmm, molasses. Was ARCADIS the consultant?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a construction trailer (Harper Corp) and some port-o-johns at the intersection of Old Sulphur and Millenium on the South Financial side of Old Sulphur. At first I thought these may be moving out from Hubbell, but a closer look, looks like new wooden stairs and decking around them. Could these be the first signs of South Financial construction? Anyone know? There is so much construction in this area, I can't tell if this trailer is coming or going. :lol:

Thanks for the update g-man! :thumbsup: The first photo is down at Sulphur Springs and is South Financial. The others, the ones deeper into The Point across from Boyles, these may be one of the new hotels, as I don't believe South Financial comes that deeply into The Point. Not sure, but thats my guess. :dontknow:

Thanks for the update g-man! :thumbsup: The first photo is down at Sulphur Springs and is South Financial. The others, the ones deeper into The Point across from Boyles, these may be one of the new hotels, as I don't believe South Financial comes that deeply into The Point. Not sure, but thats my guess. :dontknow:

Could that be the Hilton Garden Inn, perhaps?

The clearing of trees at the site is to begin next week if weather permits. The tree clearing will take three weeks to complete then grading of the roads will start. The first buildings will start going up in July. Final design of buildings has not been set yet. Road will look very similiar to the 4-lane one going through ICAR and Millennium Campus currently.

The clearing of trees at the site is to begin next week if weather permits. The tree clearing will take three weeks to complete then grading of the roads will start. The first buildings will start going up in July. Final design of buildings has not been set yet. Road will look very similiar to the 4-lane one going through ICAR and Millennium Campus currently.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the final design.

...I believe that they were injecting mollases into the groundwater to biologically clean up the problem. Word on the street is that they have gotten contaminant levels below what DHEC has required, and that the remediation system has been shut down.

Information on bioremediation... what the molasses is being used for. It's interesting and somewhat cutting-edge.

http://www.afcee.brooks.af.mil/products/te...EMsubstrate.asp

Information on bioremediation... what the molasses is being used for. It's interesting and somewhat cutting-edge.

I wouldn't consider the use molasses as cutting edge. In-situ bioremediation is quite popular right now. I believe the company ARCADIS, has a patent related to the use of molasses in subsurface remediation.

Driving by today and from the looks of the trees that are being cleared, seems there will be no question that this will definitely have great exposure to I-85. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I guess it all depends on the orientation of the buildings on the campus. I haven't seen a site plan. Has anyone seen one? Great to see this project starting. :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

Drove by the site today and there is a large white tent with chairs inside set up in the middle of the future headquarters, so the official groundbreaking ceremony will no doubt be sometime this week. :thumbsup:

fantastic. Hopefully this event will also produce a rendering of the campus and a site plan... :thumbsup:

Reading details almost made me sick. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about this project and the 600 jobs :thumbsup: , but why build a sprawling campus when you're still going to have your Headquarts downtown? Why not just go ahead and build downtown where your HQ will be? 13 buildings and no plans that I saw for a parking garage. Oh well. Bring on the jobs and visibility, I guess! :yahoo:

Archived