CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

Remember how BMW said initially when they were going to build a plant here in 1994, they were only expected to hire I think it was a little over 1,400 workers, but now they have over 4,000 and that number just keeps on growing. I hope that happens with this project too, which it looks like it will. I still don't get though why phase 1 won't be completed until 2011. I was thinking more along the lines of 2008. I guess it must be a pretty big phase 1, which isn't bad at all. :) Erm1981, do you know if you'll be able to see this project from I-85 like Hubbell or will it be kind of hidin like ICAR is.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you would be able to see it because they want everybody to know that passes through greenville that greenville has something going on there. Perhaps these buildings might be taller than hubble which would be great. That is not a fact but ithere is a good chance they could be. There was an article in the greenville news a while back(few months ago) when they said they were coming to greenville that they wanted the first one or two buildings done by spring, 2008. I think if you search for "pogo" or "south financial" on greenvilleonline.com it might bring you to that article.

I think you would be able to see it because they want everybody to know that passes through greenville that greenville has something going on there. Perhaps these buildings might be taller than hubble which would be great. That is not a fact but ithere is a good chance they could be. There was an article in the greenville news a while back(few months ago) when they said they were coming to greenville that they wanted the first one or two buildings done by spring, 2008. I think if you search for "pogo" or "south financial" on greenvilleonline.com it might bring you to that article.

Thanks, erm1981. I was thinking the trees between the interstate and Frontage Road (I think that's what it's called) between the Point and ICAR right in front of the future South Financial campus would block the views.

I would pay no attention to the 'Phase 1 by 2011', they put that out because the incentives are tied to dates. These companied give themselves plenty of leeway, in case their is some unforseen problem or conplication. If they put the date as something too soon, and they don't meet their deadline, the incentives might have to be re-negotiated. That is an easily avoidable problem, just put the date way in the future.

I would pay no attention to the 'Phase 1 by 2011', they put that out because the incentives are tied to dates. These companied give themselves plenty of leeway, in case their is some unforseen problem or conplication. If they put the date as something too soon, and they don't meet their deadline, the incentives might have to be re-negotiated. That is an easily avoidable problem, just put the date way in the future.

Thats right, they also low ball the employment numbers to keep from getting penalized in case they are not able to meet them.

I think I know why you aren't seeing many renderings or info about this project on the internet. This is an email I just got from Harper Corporation. I am not allowed to tell you what person of Harper sent it to me though for confidential reasons:

I doubt you will be able to find it anywhere. The owner and developer are being very strict regarding the project. Anyone involved in the project (including myself) had to sign a confidentiality agreement in reference to all information, renderings, documents, etc.

I hear this stuff through the grapevine at work but since my dad is a superintendent with harper he passes it on too me. Some stuff will slip out and ill keep you all updated.

Woah, your dad is a superintendent for Harper. You or him have got to know something about the Camperdown's start date now. Why is South Financial being so strict about what can be released? ICAR released plenty of renderings and info before construction began on their stuff. Why doesn't South Financial want to get the word out to make their company more popular?

Woah, your dad is a superintendent for Harper. You or him have got to know something about the Camperdown's start date now. Why is South Financial being so strict about what can be released? ICAR released plenty of renderings and info before construction began on their stuff. Why doesn't South Financial want to get the word out to make their company more popular?

ICAR wants as much publicity as it can get. They are trying to attract companies to the project. Each time it is mentioned in the media, there is a chance someone important (a decision maker in a suitable tenant company) might see it. TSFG doesn't need tenants, they are the tenant. Therefore, they don't need the publicity for economic reasons in the way ICAR would.

I'm sure there are other reasons too, but that is one big difference. Also, Banks are conservative by nature, they prefer to wait until details are pretty much in stone before releasing such info. They don't want to get a reputation for not doing what they stated they would do.

ICAR wants as much publicity as it can get. They are trying to attract companies to the project. Each time it is mentioned in the media, there is a chance someone important (a decision maker in a suitable tenant company) might see it. TSFG doesn't need tenants, they are the tenant. Therefore, they don't need the publicity for economic reasons in the way ICAR would.

I'm sure there are other reasons too, but that is one big difference. Also, Banks are conservative by nature, they prefer to wait until details are pretty much in stone before releasing such info. They don't want to get a reputation for not doing what they stated they would do.

...but wouldn't publicity help recruit consumers like you and I to switch over to one of their banks they own?

What i heard is that its 'not' going to be long before the south financial site is being graded and buildings start going up. I can understand why south financial would want to get rolling with this. As far as the camperdown goes im not sure. Did you ask harper in the email you wrote about when the start date would be for the camperdown.

-Evan

What i heard is that its 'not' going to be long before the south financial site is being graded and buildings start going up. I can understand why south financial would want to get rolling with this. As far as the camperdown goes im not sure. Did you ask harper in the email you wrote about when the start date would be for the camperdown.

-Evan

Of course. They said they didn't know when construction would begin on the Camperdown and that South Financial was still in the planning stages.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you drive by that fenced area with the Harper Corp. sign next to it on the frontage road between I-85 and the future South Financial headquarters and look way to the back you can see a backhoe and where it has demolished the buildings that were there just last week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived