CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think when the Graduate School is complete and uplit it will be highly visible. Hope so. Seems like it will be from looking at the current construction. And remember, there is that big spire and signage that will be installed on 85.....g-man posted in the ICAR thread. ;)

I think when the Graduate School is complete and uplit it will be highly visible. Hope so. Seems like it will be from looking at the current construction. And remember, there is that big spire and signage that will be installed on 85.....g-man posted in the ICAR thread. ;)

that is true about the spire thing. thanks for the glimmer of hope. :)

Phase 1 of a 4-phase master plan anticipates the creation of approximately 600 new jobs with an average salary of approximately $54,000/year, and an initial capital investment of $100 million. Construction will commence “soon” with completion of phase 1 by 2011. Phase 1 of the campus environment anticipates 375,000 square feet of office space, 1,500 parking spaces, 4 buildings, and a “town center.”

^^^That's good. I'm pretty sure once the buildings in neighborhood 1 of ICAR get built they will begin to build the plaza area and cut down the remaining trees, then put the spire and sign up next to I-85. According to Erm1981, South Financial should be very visible from I-85. I'm kind of worried the trees between the frontage road and I-85 will hide the buildings, but hopefully they'll take down those trees or the buildings will be big and tall enough, so where you'll be able to still see the campus even if the trees are still there.

Not to stray from the main topic, but as the City continues to attract new jobs along this corridor (and everywhere in between), some form of effective rapid transit will become a desperate need. I cannot imagine The South Financial Center growing to its maximum potential in this location without such a system in place.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped by the site last week, just to see if any thing was happening.

The old bathroom building and picnic shelter along with the backstops have

been torn down. [if you don't know, this site was Fiber Industries, company

softball fields]

They have not started grading, but have drilled a series of test wells [looked like

about thirty] around the site,probably to check for soil compaction and ground

water contamination.

Fiber Industries contaminated all the ground water in the area, law suit's by

residence of the neighborhood behind the plant were a factor in it closing

DSC00919.jpg

I stopped by the site last week, just to see if any thing was happening.

The old bathroom building and picnic shelter along with the backstops have

been torn down. [if you don't know, this site was Fiber Industries, company

softball fields]

They have not started grading, but have drilled a series of test wells [looked like

about thirty] around the site,probably to check for soil compaction and ground

water contamination.

Fiber Industries contaminated all the ground water in the area, law suit's by

residence of the neighborhood behind the plant were a factor in it closing

DSC00919.jpg

The groundwater contamination problem has been in remediation for over a decade now. If you look back behind the enormous soil stockpile, you'll see the remediation system (building with large above ground tank) that the environmental consultants used to clean up the groundwater. I believe that they were injecting mollases into the groundwater to biologically clean up the problem. Word on the street is that they have gotten contaminant levels below what DHEC has required, and that the remediation system has been shut down. Good news for the developers...since environmental problems, such as ones on this site, have been known to stall or kill projects. :whistling:

Archived