CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what's up on the Peacock site lately? Haven't heard anything in a while, and couldn't tell if things are going as expected. This thread just got quiet!

I went by the site this morning, they are installing piping for the dewatering wells,

I'm not sure how they are going to treat the ground water, but it is contaminated

with diesel fuel.

This is some of the equipment that will be used to remove diesel fuel from the ground water as it is removed from the site. Maybe some of you know more about how this works.

I'm sure with the height of the building, this will be a fairly deep foundation. I looked back through the thread becasue I can't remember.....will the Peacock have underground parking? If so, does anyone know how many levels underground?

I'm sure with the height of the building, this will be a fairly deep foundation. I looked back through the thread becasue I can't remember.....will the Peacock have underground parking? If so, does anyone know how many levels underground?

Yes. 2 levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Question on something I heard this past week.

Kimbrells will be converted into a contemporary entrance for the Peacock, so The Peacock will have an entrance off Main. :dontknow:

I'm not that familiar with the project, so it could be. Anyone have the answer?

Question on something I heard this past week.

Kimbrells will be converted into a contemporary entrance for the Peacock, so The Peacock will have an entrance off Main. :dontknow:

I'm not that familiar with the project, so it could be. Anyone have the answer?

Isn't the Kimbrell's site fairly large? If so, I would hope that some small retail outparcels could be implemented between the Main Street entrance and the hotel lobby. Otherwise, that would be a lot of wasted space.

Isn't the Kimbrell's site fairly large? If so, I would hope that some small retail outparcels could be implemented between the Main Street entrance and the hotel lobby. Otherwise, that would be a lot of wasted space.

Kind of like Charleston Place in downtown Charleston?

I'm not sure this is really happening. Heard that it was and trying to find out what anyone knows. I could see it as a possibility, considering there was that whole talk some months back about the glass facade being added to Kimbrells, as part of the overall development (don't think we new about the Peacock at that time). I know nothing concrete, just trying to find out. I'd imagine, if this were to happen, McBee would still be the main, grand, slick entrance, and the Kimbrells building would simply be a side entrance with some shops.....just to improve the pedestrian flow. :dontknow: Anyone with any knowledge on this, please post.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told today, that the hold up on the Peacock has not been the remediation of soil

or water on the site, as they have not found any contamination in the water that has

been removed. The hold up is, the Peacock is under going a large design change and

they are waiting on approved structural drawings. " The building will now be seven

floors with no underground parking". "It will have only one sheer wall instead of three,

witch will make it easier and cheaper to build".

The only good news," Work should start in two weeks.

Archived